UnevenEdge

NFL 2021-2022 Post Covid (but it’s still covid) Edition

1pooh4u

I couldn’t believe it when I read about Haskins. My phone pinged saying an NFL player was killed and I automatically assumed it was an old player, don’t ask me why, just did, I “holy shit” out loud when I saw who it was.  Such a shame. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

@Master-Debater131 what say you about the Walmart clan owning the Broncos for 4.65bn

Walmart now owns 3/4ths of the professional sports in town. Only one they dont own is the Rockies, and they are nothing more than a pure joke at this point.  All 3 other teams are either true contenders (Avs), constant playoff appearances (Nuggs) or trending in the right direction (Broncos).

I really wanted Peytons ownership group to win. I want him to be a part owner. There is word that all the ownership groups have reached out to him for potentially joining, so there is a chance that he could still be part of this deal. He absolutely should be involved in the running and ownership of the Broncos.

For the owner itself, Im not sure.  We now have the richest owner in the NFL by like $80 billion. So there absolutely is the potential to dump buckets of money into the team and our facilities. But he could also be a penny pinching bastard who turns is unto Washington 2.0. Kroenke (another wal-mart guy) dumped a couple billion into that insane new stadium in LA so that family does at least have a track record of putting some money where their mouth is.

Hes no Mr. B. And until he proves that he is going to spend some of his ungodly pile of cash in Denver Im going to hold my opinion. I am cautiously optimistic only because of the legacy here in Denver. We wont accept a shit bag owner after we had Mr. B for so long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But they can’t pour buckets into the team not as far as players go as for building stadiums that’s cool cuz I’m not ok with my taxes going to build a new stadium for Buffalo when the team owner is a millionaire maybe even a billionaire. I especially am against it considering the two other New York teams are forced to play in NJ so at least you won’t  have to shell out $ for that. 

• Like 1

When we have had new stadiums they are typically part of a special economic district. The city puts forward some money with a guaranteed revenue return in exchange. The stadium itself also gets a tax break to help lower the costs. Its worked well in the past.

This new owner has enough money to build his own stadium however he wants it. Im not sure what will happen. Mile High is one of the oldest in the NFL now, which is crazy.  We've done a lot of modernizing though so its still feels fairly new.  But there's also a ton of talk about building a new stadium, possible a dome, somewhere in Denver.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

When we have had new stadiums they are typically part of a special economic district. The city puts forward some money with a guaranteed revenue return in exchange. The stadium itself also gets a tax break to help lower the costs. Its worked well in the past.

This new owner has enough money to build his own stadium however he wants it. Im not sure what will happen. Mile High is one of the oldest in the NFL now, which is crazy.  We've done a lot of modernizing though so its still feels fairly new.  But there's also a ton of talk about building a new stadium, possible a dome, somewhere in Denver.

No dome.  I hate domes because it eliminates weather as a factor in games and that’s what makes football fun.  Freezing your ass off in the stands as your team plays in feet of snow 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

No dome.  I hate domes because it eliminates weather as a factor in games and that’s what makes football fun.  Freezing your ass off in the stands as your team plays in feet of snow 

I generally agree.  But I also have moments when Im sitting out there freezing my ass off really wishing it was a nice heated dome and 70 inside.  :D

If it was cold and snowing every game, totally OK with it.  But cold and windy with no snow? Nowhere near as fun. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I generally agree.  But I also have moments when Im sitting out there freezing my ass off really wishing it was a nice heated dome and 70 inside.  :D

If it was cold and snowing every game, totally OK with it.  But cold and windy with no snow? Nowhere near as fun. 

Being a football fan is about suffering. No one knows that better than me, a Jets fan. 😆

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Yea but thats emotional and mental suffering.  Psychical suffering is different :D

If Cheeseheads can handle Greenbay in subzero temps, with those miserable bench seats, you can handle not getting a dome!  YOU CAN DO EET!!😆

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

Man.. fuck that.  Freezing your ass off in gale force wind with snow just to watch the Patriots win 3-2 after all three of Brady's obvious fumbles are overturned... is not my idea of a good suffering.  I'd feel differently if Brady inexplicably got run over  by a Zamboni that mistook the event for a hockey game.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Ha! Those people may be legitimately insane. I love those cold games, on TV, with me comfy on my couch in sweats and a blanket. 

My other half’s nieces and nephews live in WI and attend GB games from time to time. They say the secret is alcohol and lots of it 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

My other half’s nieces and nephews live in WI and attend GB games from time to time. They say the secret is alcohol and lots of it 😆

That's the secret everywhere for cold games. We do hot coco and schnapps when its super cold here.  That's the only way to make it tolerable. That and layer after layer after layer of clothes. Feel like the Michelin man by the time you head into the stadium.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m gonna start the thread for the 2022/3 season soon but only if this part of the board stays up. Idk what the new layout is going to look like.  Camps start in a few days.  Looking forward to a new season. lol Zach Wilson got Mrs Robinsoned 😆

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m gonna start the thread for the 2022/3 season soon but only if this part of the board stays up. Idk what the new layout is going to look like.  Camps start in a few days.  Looking forward to a new season. lol Zach Wilson got Mrs Robinsoned 😆

We talk a lot of shit in this thread maybe we can make this a table stake in our “club “

I could put this in Beyond Thunderdome and invite everyone in this thread to that club cuz we do talk a lot of shit but we gotta “be nice” about it, at least we wouldn’t have to be all that nice over there 💩

Edited by 1pooh4u