UnevenEdge

NFL 2021-2022 Post Covid (but it’s still covid) Edition

1pooh4u

how do lions fans sleep at night knowing they lost to a last second, record breaking 66 yard field goal 🤣

and bears, 1.1 yards per carry average? it really didn't matter who the have as their qb since everything else sucks so bad 😂

and the jets getting shut out. they are the worst team this week. actually the bears are much worse this week but come on its the jets!

raiders on the other hand 3-0 with the OT win vs the phins. first time 3-0 since 2002!

5 hours ago, molarbear said:

Anyone else watch the post game interview on the field with Rodgers?

Was it a shitty mic they gave him, or did he somehow develop a semi southern accent?

That's probably the next State Farm commercial.

Also, my GOAT and LOL picks have the same record.

It-Tastes-Bad.jpg

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

What the hell happened?  The Jets looked like they had their shit together today.

Right?  They did actually have their shit together today….mostly.  I still think Wilson is scary af every time he puts the ball in the air 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

Right?  They did actually have their shit together today….mostly.  I still think Wilson is scary af every time he puts the ball in the air 😆

Oddly enough, playing with that kind of abandon is exactly what seems to be expected of quarterbacks now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Oddly enough, playing with that kind of abandon is exactly what seems to be expected of quarterbacks now.

I still think ditching Darnold was a mistake. Not that it matters but I think with Darnold we’d be sitting at 2-2 at least.  
My other half was actually saying something kinda like what you’re saying. He was sayin not every QB can be a Mahomes, or Lamar Jackson and that’s what the NFL expects suddenly.  
We don’t even have a veteran QB for the kid to learn from, which is nuts to me considering Wilson comes from a second rate school (as far as football goes)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I still think ditching Darnold was a mistake. Not that it matters but I think with Darnold we’d be sitting at 2-2 at least.  
My other half was actually saying something kinda like what you’re saying. He was sayin not every QB can be a Mahomes, or Lamar Jackson and that’s what the NFL expects suddenly.  
We don’t even have a veteran QB for the kid to learn from, which is nuts to me considering Wilson comes from a second rate school (as far as football goes)

The problem is that Darnold wouldn't be able to teach Wilson the ropes like other veterans would in that situation.  BYU gets flack for being an independent not named Notre Dame, but Zack led them to a few marquee wins against power five teams, so he was facing a lot of the same talent that got drafted alongside him and doing well.  A rookie like that can really do well if you have a veteran that himself had a veteran teach him some of the basics of NFL pocket presence and progression reads.

• Like 1

I really hate listening to Chris Collinsworth’s stupid face. I call him stupid so fuckin much his name is in my predictive text. Talkin about “the rain is bothering Brady” as though Brady has never played those conditions for twenty years his damn self. Fuck, that guy grinds my gears 😬💩

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

He has that over-confident drunk uncle thing going... or he's a white guy going a bad Bill Cosby impersonation.

He’s always talking about when he played football. Mother fucker please, when he played football they still had leather helmets. No one cares about when you played football 💩

Edited by 1pooh4u
Damn this post was sloppy
  • Thanks 1

that sunday night game was rooting for everyone to lose. i hate when we gotta celebrate brady. he should do everyone a favor and quit, it would make football much better. 

congrats to the jets for getting that W. i only saw the ending of that one, but i just wanted it to end. jets defense was weird. play solid 1st and 2nd down, and play shitty 3rd and 4th downs. it could just be the play calling playing prevent letting the titans get big pick ups but not stopping 3rd and longs is always bad. 

and now the lions and the jags remain the only winless teams left. i think lawrence will turn out fine, some of his highlights i've watched look great. but whats going on with the lions? why are they terrible again? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

its a tough situation i think. missing out on a qb is always gonna suck, and the hype was big this year. but sticking with darnold, the jets could have tried to draft other pieces they needed to build a better team around him. tho darnold might have wanted out too, get a fresh start and all who knows. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

its a tough situation i think. missing out on a qb is always gonna suck, and the hype was big this year. but sticking with darnold, the jets could have tried to draft other pieces they needed to build a better team around him. tho darnold might have wanted out too, get a fresh start and all who knows. 

He didn’t want to leave he’s over it but he felt like they screwed him over. I just think it was political and ego shit. Douglas and Saleh wanted to start from scratch so they could get credit for everything.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

that sunday night game was rooting for everyone to lose. i hate when we gotta celebrate brady. he should do everyone a favor and quit, it would make football much better. 

congrats to the jets for getting that W. i only saw the ending of that one, but i just wanted it to end. jets defense was weird. play solid 1st and 2nd down, and play shitty 3rd and 4th downs. it could just be the play calling playing prevent letting the titans get big pick ups but not stopping 3rd and longs is always bad. 

and now the lions and the jags remain the only winless teams left. i think lawrence will turn out fine, some of his highlights i've watched look great. but whats going on with the lions? why are they terrible again? 

tbf "Why are the Lions bad?" is a generic comment at this point

• Haha 1

Brady might be the greatest troll in the NFL.

Lions, smh

Honestly at this point it might be a tie between Jacksonville and the Lions for the LOL, oh and the Giants, they shit out loud too.

Oh, important notice for Pick Em game players, there will be an early Sunday game this week in London. The LOL bowl will be played between Atlanta and the Jets, as the NFL tries to woo an audience across the pond.

Goodell sucks.

• Haha 1