UnevenEdge

NFL 2021-2022 Post Covid (but it’s still covid) Edition

1pooh4u

4 minutes ago, molarbear said:

That dude isn't dead yet?

cam newton is still around! idk the jets season is pretty much over at this point, so the flacco signing does nothing. 

if they want an older mentor type qb to help out wilson then they should have had one at the start of the season. and they could have done much better than flacco.  

1 minute ago, Distortedreasoning said:

cam newton is still around! idk the jets season is pretty much over at this point, so the flacco signing does nothing. 

It's their go to scapegoat. Blame the QB for their complete lack of failure on building an actual team

They've literally done it for what seems like 5ever

40 minutes ago, molarbear said:

It's their go to scapegoat. Blame the QB for their complete lack of failure on building an actual team

They've literally done it for what seems like 5ever

their qbs have been bad tho. not the reason for their failures but they struck out with the last few. personally i agree with pooh, they would have been better off trying to build other aspects of the team first instead of drafting a qb. tho thats hindsight for me, there was so much qb hype this year. but the only one you can tell will be great is lawrance. jones looks ok too. fields is stuck behind a bad bear teams, lance is stuck in a niner team where he cant take over jimmys job. and wilson? well, hes obviously not ready. 

4 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

their qbs have been bad tho. not the reason for their failures but they struck out with the last few. personally i agree with pooh, they would have been better off trying to build other aspects of the team first instead of drafting a qb. tho thats hindsight for me, there was so much qb hype this year. but the only one you can tell will be great is lawrance. jones looks ok too. fields is stuck behind a bad bear teams, lance is stuck in a niner team where he cant take over jimmys job. and wilson? well, hes obviously not ready. 

1 hour ago, molarbear said:

I think we're mainly agreeing here

jets.jpg

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, molarbear said:

I wouldn't give up hope

Browns and Cardinals turned it around pretty fast

It definitely helps when you build your system around the QB you draft instead of just kind of throwing them to the lions (the proverbial kind, the detroit kind may actually lose)

bills and bungels too! those teams were shit tier for the longest times and have been able to turn it around recently. bills at this point look like the front runner for the afc. bucs and rams too, shitty for the longest time until recent. rams and bucs gotta be in the top 3 teams from the nfc side right now. so yeah dont lose too much hope pooh, teams can turn it around. 

10 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

bills and bungels too! those teams were shit tier for the longest times and have been able to turn it around recently. bills at this point look like the front runner for the afc. bucs and rams too, shitty for the longest time until recent. rams and bucs gotta be in the top 3 teams from the nfc side right now. so yeah dont lose too much hope pooh, teams can turn it around.

Its amazing what a good coach and good QB can do to a franchise. All three turned it around because they got a good couch to work with a good QB.

5 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I have no logical reason to pick the Broncos again this weekend, I just am.

Were probably going to lose, but whatever. I still picked the Broncos.

the donkeys should be able to beat the WTFs. their defense isnt as good as it was last season, and their offense not much better either. one thing the donkeys have shown is their ability to curb stomp these bad teams.  it will be low scoring tho. 

24 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

the donkeys should be able to beat the WTFs. their defense isnt as good as it was last season, and their offense not much better either. one thing the donkeys have shown is their ability to curb stomp these bad teams.  it will be low scoring tho. 

Yea but our offense is led by Captain Checkdown Teddy and our D has been Swiss cheese.

Were a 3 point favorite at home, which is basically a coin flip.

that game will most likely be boring. unlike tonights tnf game where it should feature two contending teams. i think nfc side has 4 teams that could be considered contenders for sb favorites. afc feels a bit less dominant. all the top favorites got some bad losses like the bills vs the titans which lost to the jets. chargers beat the raiders, lose vs the ravens, the same ravens lose to the raiders. and the chiefs? they pretty much done. browns still good but a bit injured. i like the raiders chances but their schedule gets much tougher after the giants game and that loss vs. the chargers was bad. the loss versus the bears most likely a result of the gruden scandal, it was most definitely a distraction, bears not a good team. 

as good as tampa is playing right now, the rams and the cardinals and even the cowboys should give them good competition. packers could do some damage too. 

20 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

what a way to lose. only thing i can think of is a.j probably thought he was running screen. they had the packers dead to rights. 

Look, I'm very real when it comes to reviews even when it's for my team

GB should have been up by 10 at that point, that TD reversal was complete BS and horrible officiating

That being said I nearly shit myself at the end of the game

My only regret was changing my pick to AZ yesterday

GB defense looked 1000x better than they have most the season, and without Adams, MVS, or Lazard I didn't think the Offense would be as productive as it was

i had the cardinals too. the td reversal was fine they were inside the 1. about as easy chance anyone can have to score. packers were struggling with crowd noise and got hit with the delay of game in the least opportune time. they burned all their time outs because of it, almost bit them in the ass and caused them a td. but yes packers defense stepped it up the entire game. 

On 9/16/2021 at 4:29 PM, panic said:

"Davante Adams said he has talked with Aaron Rodgers about the double teams he's facing and that maybe they need to just push the envelope on those and see what Adams can do."

OR... maybe throw to the open receiver? Maybe to the middle of the field for a change? Or God forbid run the ball.

But no... throw into double coverage. What could go wrong.

It's no wonder the Packers are undefeated when Adams is out. Rodgers has no choice but to take his head out of Davante's ass.

Packers remain undefeated without Davante in the Matt LaFleur era.

Can't wait for his return so the Packers can go back to running the ball 6 times per game. 🙄

16 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i had the cardinals too. the td reversal was fine they were inside the 1. about as easy chance anyone can have to score. packers were struggling with crowd noise and got hit with the delay of game in the least opportune time. they burned all their time outs because of it, almost bit them in the ass and caused them a td. but yes packers defense stepped it up the entire game. 

I don't think it had anything to do with the crowd noise. Packers have a bad habit of getting out of huddle late and running the clock down to 0 before snapping the ball, which once again caused them to waste all of their timeouts. Seemed like Rodgers forgot they had no timeouts cuz they wasted them on their usual bullshit.

How do you not run the ball on the goal line one fucking time the entire game with AJ Dillon when he's averaging 5 yards per carry? He was turning 2 yard losses into positive yardage all game. Hell, they could have done a QB sneak on the 1 inch line. But no, throw it to practice squad callup Juwan Winfree. That's the smart thing to do. 🙄

• Like 1

19 hours ago, panic said:

I don't think it had anything to do with the crowd noise. Packers have a bad habit of getting out of huddle late and running the clock down to 0 before snapping the ball, which once again caused them to waste all of their timeouts. Seemed like Rodgers forgot they had no timeouts cuz they wasted them on their usual bullshit.

How do you not run the ball on the goal line one fucking time the entire game with AJ Dillon when he's averaging 5 yards per carry? He was turning 2 yard losses into positive yardage all game. Hell, they could have done a QB sneak on the 1 inch line. But no, throw it to practice squad callup Juwan Winfree. That's the smart thing to do. 🙄

i couldnt hear the game myself but i was just wondering what was going on with the horrible clock management. this is only the first packers game i've seen all year so it seemed like maybe the crowd noise was disruptive. that delay of game at the goal line was so big, pretty much cost a potential td.

packers came in more banged up than the cardinals, and this was an away game against a quality opponent, so big win for the packers despite their clock management troubles. the cardinals also had some banged up players and were 1 play away from winning. i think they meet again in the playoffs it can still go either way. 

5 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i couldnt hear the game myself but i was just wondering what was going on with the horrible clock management. this is only the first packers game i've seen all year so it seemed like maybe the crowd noise was disruptive. that delay of game at the goal line was so big, pretty much cost a potential td.

I was honestly wondering the same thing.  Game wasn't loud on TV, I know they can dull the noise of the crowd for broadcasts but they usually don't that much

Rodgers burning all 3 timeouts with 5 mins left in the 4th Qtr isn't usual of him

At first I thought it was part of their game plan to burn as much time as possible and keep the ball away from Kyler... then it just kind of turned into what looked like a shit show

Dude's were lining up wrong, throwing their arms up in complete confusion

• Like 1