UnevenEdge

80's, 90's, and NOW

SwimOdin

What radio stations are you listening to?  I mean, if you really want now, you're just going to get Billie Eilish, one of the tens of Dua Lipa tunes that all sound alike, one of the tens of Ariana Grande tunes that sound like she's whining, or, if you're lucky, one of the good Weeknd tunes from After Hours but not one of the really good ones from the same album.

5 hours ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Why wouldn't those places play like, Spotify playlists?

The grocery store here has its own radio station and you can find it on AM.

I get you mean department stores but mom and pops, gas stations, fast food joints...these people usually just have boom boxes

Edited by André Toulon

32 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Don't exactly want fuck with all of that while driving on a back road....just press the source button, and bam...radio

I mean I guess.... If you use spotify you could probably make yourself a long ass playlist to shuffle through while driving and you wouldn't have to touch anything. But I'm too lazy to make playlists, so maybe you are too. 

I don't even use spotify, I burn my CDs to iTunes then put them on my iPhone. I might just put on an album or shuffle my whole collection.

1 minute ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I mean I guess.... If you use spotify you could probably make yourself a long ass playlist to shuffle through while driving and you wouldn't have to touch anything. But I'm too lazy to make playlists, so maybe you are too. 

I don't even use spotify, I burn my CDs to iTunes then put them on my iPhone. I might just put on an album or shuffle my whole collection.

Cool....I turn on the radio

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Cool....I turn on the radio

Fair enough.

The only "genre" I care about that gets radio play is classic rock. But so many decades of THE SAME GOD DAMN 1-3 SONGS OF THE SAME GODDAMN BANDS WITH THE ADDED NEWER BANDS THAT I HATE FROM MY TEEN YEARS EVERY MOTHER FUCKING DAY got reaaaaaaal old. I couldn't take it anymore, lol.

If you got wider genre/decade preferences I could see radio not getting irritating yet.

1 minute ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Fair enough.

The only "genre" I care about that gets radio play is classic rock. But so many decades of THE SAME GOD DAMN 1-3 SONGS OF THE SAME GODDAMN BANDS WITH THE ADDED NEWER BANDS THAT I HATE FROM MY TEEN YEARS EVERY MOTHER FUCKING DAY got reaaaaaaal old. I couldn't take it anymore, lol.

If you got wider genre/decade preferences I could see radio not getting irritating yet.

My preference is noise. I don't care what it is

I have zero clue about any of today's music. 

Anything past the mid 90's, I have no idea who they are. 

Tell me to name a song by Areola Grande and you will be waiting a long time.

I'm over 40 and I still listen to 70's, 80's and 90's music. Mostly still on CD. 

If I'm in disco's car, we have to listen to a jump drive or the satellite radio shit. 

Stop making me download music. Just give the car a damn CD player. Some of us old people don't want all the technology. I don't care about that big ass touch screen that tells me the weather, GPS, make phone calls and text messages, etc. Just give my old ass a CD player so I can jam to some Queen, or Elvis, or Jethro Tull, or Pearl Jam. 

Rabble. Rabble. 

3 minutes ago, resurrected said:

Tell me to name a song by Areola Grande and you will be waiting a long time.

I don't know who that is, but something tells me I'd like her. 😜

I got turned off bringing CDs in the car when it became common for people to break into cars and stealing the CD wallets. Getting your CDs stolen out of your car probably isn't a problem anymore, but changing CDs is not something I intend to do while driving.