UnevenEdge

email account verification

resurrected

has anyone done that yet?

I've never received an email from this place and I've been a member for a few years. 

So, I can't verify an email address if I've never received any emails. 

Pretty sure when I created my account(s), there was an option to opt out of getting emails. Can't remember for sure, but if there was, I'm sure I would have clicked it.

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

You can go to your account settings and see which email account you have linked your UEMB account to. If it's one you recognize as being a valid email of yours, you should be ok.

My email address is valid. I checked. I mean, just to make sure. I don't have any throw away email accounts.

1 hour ago, Seight said:

I turned on email notifications for when someone responds to me and it seemed to work there, try that.

I don't really do private messages, so I had that turned off too. If KN wants to drop the ban hammer, then it is what it is. But he knows who I am. He should know my email accounts are legit. I did post here all the time. Don't frequent the place as much as I used to. Been sucked in to gaming lately. 

We are having two problems: people registering with disposable email addresses and email addresses that deactivate due to inactivity (aka yahoo). If you don't fall into either category you should be fine.

We're not looking to send out emails or anything that people don't want, but every time we get a bounceback we get a ding from the email host, and when we get enough dings everything goes to shit.

Just now, Raptorpat said:

We are having two problems: people registering with disposable email addresses and email addresses that deactivate due to inactivity (aka yahoo). If you don't fall into either category you should be fine.

We're not looking to send out emails or anything that people don't want, but every time we get a bounceback we get a ding from the email host, and when we get enough dings everything goes to shit.

If our account is a yahoo one but we use it every day, we're fine, right?

24 minutes ago, resurrected said:

I don't really do private messages, so I had that turned off too. If KN wants to drop the ban hammer, then it is what it is. But he knows who I am. He should know my email accounts are legit. I did post here all the time. Don't frequent the place as much as I used to. Been sucked in to gaming lately. 

He not issuing bans, just killing bots and roaches that won't stay away. Literally do nothing, you're fine. 

• Haha 1

I mean, I have quite a few email accounts, but I don't log into them, even on a monthly basis. You have to have an email account for everything these days, and that is the purpose for which I have email accounts. I don't check them because I shouldn't be getting anything of worth in them. If it's not a verification for something I bought or something like that, I never check any of my email accounts. I don't correspond via email. It's not 1995 and email isn't the best thing since tits. 

Edited by resurrected

11 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I have my yahoo account still for similar reasons for why my parents still have a landline phone: Because I don't want to change the email associated with all my various accounts across the web.

Don't let pat email shame you...It's email.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

So wtf is happening and when so I can make another toilet email for the occasion? I thought emails stay open.

On 1/28/2021 at 1:19 PM, K_N said:

I'm receiving too many complaints from our mail handler about messages bounced back from invalid email address or email addresses that have marked our emails as spam.

I will be implementing an automated process that will remove these emails and by result, disable the accounts they are registered to. If you do not want to lose access to your account, please ensure you are properly receiving emails from us immediately.

This process has not yet started. I need to write a small program to handle it. When I get around to it, I will update this topic with a 72 hour warning before putting it into operation.

3 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

You should make it so Faptorpat can @ you..

This is pretty important and you're ignoring the problem. 

@K_N HAHAHAHA. So, is the next toilet email I create going to become a problem or what is the degree of contact you want with me. Because I have dictated that to all websites, many in capital letters.

On 1/31/2021 at 8:54 PM, Ric said:

I haven't gotten any emails from here in several years but mine is valid so I think I'm good.

Most people wont get any, and that's fine. But when you click the "notify me of replies" checkbox when replying to something, you will get emails for those.

Most of the issues we've had with bad emails have been those - and private message deliveries. (To be clear, I can't see the contents of those - but when an invalid email bounces back I do see the subject line in the notification)