UnevenEdge

Vic Mignogna is in Trouble

ben0119

It wasn't just a handful of people making up lies on the internet. FUNi did an entire investigation before deciding to end a professional relationship they've had going for 20 years. Like, if Sabat says he and Vic were both guests at ShitCon 2013 and he saw McNuggets put his balls in a plate of Jello and then try to feed it to underage girls, there's a record of that. FUNi just contacts the folks over at ShitconCon and asks if they have any information about this alleged thing, and they either say "Oh yeah, the Ol' Jello Balls incident, that sure was weird. Here's the incident report and security footage about it," or "We have no evidence to corroborate that this happened," or "Sorry, we only keep security records for five years; we can't confirm or deny it," and FUNi takes stock of whatever they can get from that lead. They don't just shrug and go "Well three voice actors have shitty things to say about Vic, we'd better burn that bridge without a second thought."

Also, what kind of shady de-facto shadow leader, who according to legend can build and destroy his coworkers' careers at will depending entirely on his own personal tastes, still takes two goddamn decades to oust one dude from his legion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, EmpressAngel said:

Also, what kind of shady de-facto shadow leader, who according to legend can build and destroy his coworkers' careers at will depending entirely on his own personal tastes, still takes two goddamn decades to oust one dude from his legion?

One who likes to make his targets think they've won before yanking the rug out from under their feet, that's what kind.

Edited by PokeNirvash
  • D'oh 1

Another great Vic story.

"One former Risembool Rangers member, Dave (not his real name), joined the group back in 2009 when he was around 11 years old. Dave described the group as “absolutely rabid,” ready to defend the voice actor against any criticism. Still, he stayed because he was a big fan of Mignogna and an aspiring voice actor. He left the group shortly after meeting Mignogna, saying he no longer considered himself a fan after their encounter. While taking a photo together at a convention in 2012, Dave said Mignogna unexpectedly grabbed him around the waist, pulled him close, and asked if he had a boyfriend. At the time, Dave was 14 years old and presented as a young woman.

“I felt violated and invalidated by my idol,” he said. “I wish that I could take it away from my memory because I can’t hear that guy’s voice without thinking about how I was a grossed-out 14-year-old kid...I love anime, and I legitimately cannot watch dubs with his voice in them.”

Even yahoo answers from 6 years ago knew about Vic. There goes your argument of him never being banned in the past.

Was Vic Mignogna banned from Anime Matsuri? If so, why?

I met him at Anime Matsuri 2012 and didn't have a very good experience. When Anime Matsuri 2013 came up, I asked the friend who was taking me if she was going to his panel and if I could go somewhere else during the panel (assuming he had one). Her sister piped in and said Vic had been banned, though I don't remember why he was supposedly banned. It's almost 5 months later and I realized I had never looked that up. I didn't see anything when I looked it up, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
WAS he banned? Was there a reason that he wasn't at Anime Matsuri this year?
Update: Yeah, I'm aware of his sexual escapades with his fans. I'm just looking for a firm yes or no.

Best Answer:  I'm not sure about Anime Matsuri, but I know he's been banned from several conventions (Zenkaikon is one of them). He's outwardly a very cool and nice person who's great to his fans but from what I've heard, on multiple occasions he's been caught having intimate moments with minors in secluded areas (like closets and elevators). It's illegal to make any such advances towards minors and it's certainly not welcome at family friendly conventions so it's very possible that Anime Matsuri banned him for such a reason.

Edit: If a convention bans someone they don't make it public (since they don't want the bad attention for whoever was banned and since it might cause a bit of an uproar). The only person who could you you a definite answer would be a senior Anime Matsuri staff member, sorry.
Edited by Daos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daos said:

Another great Vic story.

"One former Risembool Rangers member, Dave (not his real name), joined the group back in 2009 when he was around 11 years old. Dave described the group as “absolutely rabid,” ready to defend the voice actor against any criticism. Still, he stayed because he was a big fan of Mignogna and an aspiring voice actor. He left the group shortly after meeting Mignogna, saying he no longer considered himself a fan after their encounter. While taking a photo together at a convention in 2012, Dave said Mignogna unexpectedly grabbed him around the waist, pulled him close, and asked if he had a boyfriend. At the time, Dave was 14 years old and presented as a young woman.

“I felt violated and invalidated by my idol,” he said. “I wish that I could take it away from my memory because I can’t hear that guy’s voice without thinking about how I was a grossed-out 14-year-old kid...I love anime, and I legitimately cannot watch dubs with his voice in them.”

Even yahoo answers from 6 years ago knew about Vic. There goes your argument of him never being banned in the past.

Was Vic Mignogna banned from Anime Matsuri? If so, why?

I met him at Anime Matsuri 2012 and didn't have a very good experience. When Anime Matsuri 2013 came up, I asked the friend who was taking me if she was going to his panel and if I could go somewhere else during the panel (assuming he had one). Her sister piped in and said Vic had been banned, though I don't remember why he was supposedly banned. It's almost 5 months later and I realized I had never looked that up. I didn't see anything when I looked it up, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
WAS he banned? Was there a reason that he wasn't at Anime Matsuri this year?
Update: Yeah, I'm aware of his sexual escapades with his fans. I'm just looking for a firm yes or no.

Best Answer:  I'm not sure about Anime Matsuri, but I know he's been banned from several conventions (Zenkaikon is one of them). He's outwardly a very cool and nice person who's great to his fans but from what I've heard, on multiple occasions he's been caught having intimate moments with minors in secluded areas (like closets and elevators). It's illegal to make any such advances towards minors and it's certainly not welcome at family friendly conventions so it's very possible that Anime Matsuri banned him for such a reason.

Edit: If a convention bans someone they don't make it public (since they don't want the bad attention for whoever was banned and since it might cause a bit of an uproar). The only person who could you you a definite answer would be a senior Anime Matsuri staff member, sorry.

images.jpeg.6620cc0891c83428b9bd7a95204a0a32.jpeg

• D'oh 2

11 minutes ago, Hello There said:

images.jpeg.6620cc0891c83428b9bd7a95204a0a32.jpeg

Most of us here go to this place solely because of Toonami which airs dubs of anime.

In order to enjoy them, it's easy if we also enjoy the actors and crew working on them too. As opposed to your admittance, we ARE part of the anime community.

You need to realize that in that situation, there MAAAAAY... MAAAAAY... be a chance that your opinion may be in the minority!!

Edited by elfie

2 hours ago, Hello There said:

Ignoring the fact that Soye has gone through divorce court twice, both his ex wives going on about his physical, mental, and verbal abuse. 

Ignoring the fact that Sabat has been called out by many people, such as Huber, of being manipulative and the de facto leader at Funi, opposing him ends careers there. Funi being a very sexually charged place where you either play along or go home. 

Ignoring the fact that you're Top Gun so who gives a fuck about your opinion. 

Toye's past has literally nothing to do with the merits (or glaring lack thereof) of Vic's suit.

None of that shit is true.  Stop regurgitating incel garbage you found on a shitty YouTube video.  Sabat is every bit as much of an independent contractor as Vic was.  Huber is a flat-Earther whackjob whose "attempt" to get himself involved in this situation would have had abuse victims be required to say "sorry we yelled about you Vic!"  The "sexually-charged" bullshit is quite possibly the dumbest claim of all in this three-ring shitshow circus.  No, seriously, Vic's Stooge-level legal team legitimately tried to forward the argument that, because FUNi dubbed Panty & Stocking, they were a workplace that tolerated sexual harassment.  You can't make this up.  It's hilarious.

And who the fuck are you again?  Oh right, an absolute nobody with absolute shit takes.

Edited by Top Gun
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, elfie said:

Most of us here go to this place solely because of Toonami which airs dubs of anime.

In order to enjoy them, it's easy if we also enjoy the actors and crew working on them too. As opposed to your admittance, we ARE part of the anime community.

You need to realize that in that situation, there MAAAAAY... MAAAAAY... be a chance that your opinion may be in the minority!!

I prefer dubs over subs, been sticking predominantly to them for many years now, there being only a few times in the past 6-8 years that I've watched something subbed, typically it being a case where it's a show that I get really into but the dub is trailing too far behind the sub for my patience, there only being a few instances where that happens. 

That said, in the last 4-5 years I legit don't think I've watched Toonami at all. I'm mainly here to kill time and to admire my senpai. Also I'd say for the most part I've been looking to bait my haters. Except you Elfie, you're my homie ❤️

58 minutes ago, Top Gun said:

Toye's past has literally nothing to do with the merits (or glaring lack thereof) of Vic's suit.

None of that shit is true.  Stop regurgitating incel garbage you found on a shitty YouTube video.  Sabat is every bit as much of an independent contractor as Vic was.  Huber is a flat-Earther whackjob whose "attempt" to get himself involved in this situation would have had abuse victims be required to say "sorry we yelled about you Vic!"  The "sexually-charged" bullshit is quite possibly the dumbest claim of all in this three-ring shitshow circus.  No, seriously, Vic's Stooge-level legal team legitimately tried to forward the argument that, because FUNi dubbed Panty & Stocking, they were a workplace that tolerated sexual harassment.  You can't make this up.  It's hilarious.

And who the fuck are you again?  Oh right, an absolute nobody with absolute shit takes.

They were in Panty and Stocking so it's pretty clear they were sluts who were asking for it.

What, that's not the law?

shit takes

Hey those are good!

701.png

• Haha 3
  • D'oh 1

1 minute ago, Daos said:

They were in Panty and Stocking so it's pretty clear they were sluts who were asking for it.

What, that's not the law?

Hey those are good!

701.png

My favorite scene in Panty and Stocking was when Stocking started having strangers start spanking her ass with a paddle, and then Garterbelt made Brief polish his knob in exchange for a role in his new upcoming show. 

Did I forget to mention that I also love mushrooms? 

21 hours ago, Hello There said:

People make Vic out to be a celebrity saying it's because of that that nobody tried to oppose him, but the dude isn't even a real celebrity since the anime community is still viewed as inferior to other areas of media, and only those that are part of the dubbed anime community I'd see as being potential fans or followers of his. 

That's why until this whole thing is settled or proven in court or whatever, I reserve my right to believe whatever yall nibbas go on about

The thing about the anime community is yes, it's considered a niche. But assholes do well in niches. It's how high school bullies get to keep being shitheads even though every one knows they are shitheads. They are in a small niche environment [ high school ] and have some random stupid thing going for them that allows them to treat others like crap [ whether it's because their family is 'good' or they throw ball very much good ] and anyone who could say something about it ends up feeling like they can't because it'll just make things worse for them. The suck-ups will beat on the snitch to curry favor with the bully and those that could do something about it look the other way because 'family' , 'sports' , whatever lazy excuse they feel like coming up with.

It's the same in the VA community. You end up with a big fish in a little pond making all the demands and no one really daring to say anything because his name on a project means recognition. And if you are considered part of his circle, you get more work too. So the asshole gets to be an asshole because everyone supposedly gets to work / gets paid regularly when he's around. Grin and bare it in the name of paying the bills. It's why I really hate networking. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

The thing about the anime community is yes, it's considered a niche. But assholes do well in niches. It's how high school bullies get to keep being shitheads even though every one knows they are shitheads. They are in a small niche environment [ high school ] and have some random stupid thing going for them that allows them to treat others like crap [ whether it's because their family is 'good' or they throw ball very much good ] and anyone who could say something about it ends up feeling like they can't because it'll just make things worse for them. The suck-ups will beat on the snitch to curry favor with the bully and those that could do something about it look the other way because 'family' , 'sports' , whatever lazy excuse they feel like coming up with.

It's the same in the VA community. You end up with a big fish in a little pond making all the demands and no one really daring to say anything because his name on a project means recognition. And if you are considered part of his circle, you get more work too. So the asshole gets to be an asshole because everyone supposedly gets to work / gets paid regularly when he's around. Grin and bare it in the name of paying the bills. It's why I really hate networking. 

Not to mention .... this niche is growing. If you notice Hollywood has finally been making anime adaptations that are actually good all of a sudden. Detective Pikachu and Alita Battle Angel were both really good and both released this year! So if those actors aren't careful about what they do in public, their fates could be a lot more severe in the future. Anime fans who support them want to protect them so they may even get more rabid than before.

19 minutes ago, elfie said:

Not to mention .... this niche is growing. If you notice Hollywood has finally been making anime adaptations that are actually good all of a sudden. Detective Pikachu and Alita Battle Angel were both really good and both released this year! So if those actors aren't careful about what they do in public, their fates could be a lot more severe in the future. Anime fans who support them want to protect them so they may even get more rabid than before.

Anime films being on the rise I see more as Hollywood searching for a new genre to milk, superhero films being the current fad that's being grinded to dust. 

Superhero films are the current fad, and I've always viewed anime and video game films to be the next thing that Hollywood would start milking. That someone out there will make one that succeeds big time which causes the rest of the film industry to jump on its back to milk it. 

tldr fuck Hollywood 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, elfie said:

Yes and no. Anime adaptations don't necessarily need the 'original' VA for something. It might help sometimes depending on if it's still a level of CGI going on where the character themselves doesn't have to be the actor too but, say in the case of Detective Pikachu, only people who either memorized the names of everyone whose ever done a pokemon voice would recognize anything in the credits. For all anyone knows, I recorded three takes of 'Squirtle squirtle' over the phone and done. [ disclaimer, no I didn't but that would have been funny :D]  

VA's have to worry about their voice acting cred so live action movies aren't going to be in their resumes unless they can look the part as well. It's why Steve Blum will never be Spike in a live action movie. But he'd be the one to call for any animated version of the character no questions.

• Like 1

For all anyone knows, I recorded three takes of 'Squirtle squirtle' over the phone and done

So its you... my old nemesis.

This is Bulbasaur.

That someone out there will make one that succeeds big time which causes the rest of the film industry to jump on its back to milk it. 

Resident evil did pretty well, they milked seven movies out of that and didn't even follow the plot.

In the next 10 years I bet we'll see Zelda, Halo, and Half Life movie adaptations.

Edited by Daos

17 minutes ago, Daos said:

This is Bulbasaur.

Resident evil did pretty well, they milked seven movies out of that and didn't even follow the plot.

In the next 10 years I bet we'll see Zelda, Halo, and Half Life movie adaptations.

Interestingly, they got archived recordings of Lisa Ortiz anytime Jigglypuff sings in the movie. Which I found interesting since she's part of the outdated dub cast, the one Nintendo ran over once they got the rights to Pokemon. They got the original Pikachu voice to record new sounds for it though.

1 hour ago, Daos said:

This is Bulbasaur.

The resident evil films some how managed to do good financially, but as far as quality goes they became fucking horrible after the 3rd movie, Extinction. 

With how Nintendo has been spreading their wings this past year, branching out onto smart phones, and also dropping their bullshit YouTube creators program, and with that Pikachu movie doing good, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to have more life action films made. Honestly when it comes to Nintendo IPs, the Metroid series is the one I'd love most to see as a live action film

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hello There said:

resident evil films some how managed to do good financially, but as far as quality goes they became fucking horrible after the 3rd movie, Extinction

No that's belongs to final chapter after leaving retribution on a cliff hanger then just ruining the hype right afterwards 

Then you have the current lawsuit going against the director of resident evil

26 minutes ago, helpme said:

No that's belongs to final chapter after leaving retribution on a cliff hanger then just ruining the hype right afterwards 

Then you have the current lawsuit going against the director of resident evil

Resident evil 1-3 I consider good.

Resident evil 4 and onward was basically Paul W.S Anderson glorifying his wife, by doing everything imaginable to make her character look like a badass, while making every single other character pale in comparison. Pretty much every video game character in them are quite literally only there for Alice to rescue. And then they have the nerve to kill off Chris and Claire in between 4 and 5, off screen, and then did the same to Leon and Ada in between 5 and 6 or whichever movies those were.

I liked the action scenes in them I guess, but they weren't good movies.

Edited by Hello There

2 hours ago, Hello There said:

The resident evil films some how managed to do good financially, but as far as quality goes they became fucking horrible after the 3rd movie, Extinction. 

With how Nintendo has been spreading their wings this past year, branching out onto smart phones, and also dropping their bullshit YouTube creators program, and with that Pikachu movie doing good, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to have more life action films made. Honestly when it comes to Nintendo IPs, the Metroid series is the one I'd love most to see as a live action film

I'd like to see them make two Zelda movies at the same time. One aimed at the older crowd in live-action, and another aimed at kids/families and animated.

6 hours ago, Jman said:

I hope this dumb community is happy.  The American Bar Association has weighed in and thinks the Pro Vic crowd are all idiots.

I ain't no fancy city lawyer or nuthin but I dun told these Viccers the same thing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Daos said:

Ooo is this like that incredibly true allegation about Sabat's casting couch that totally got him fired? 

Be honest, you're a 911 truther aren't you.

Just sharing a thing I saw. Though if you actually watched the video, it doesn't help that Schemmel locked down his Twitter account. 

Also the govt did 911

• D'oh 2

3 hours ago, Hello There said:

gotta love the dedication Top Gun has where if he doesn't like you, he'll go through a read disliking everything you've posted.

Keep it up lil buddy, you'll get somewhere in life someday.

You and fuggs seem to be the only people who get upset about downvotes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hello There said:

gotta love the dedication Top Gun has where if he doesn't like you, he'll go through a read disliking everything you've posted.

Keep it up lil buddy, you'll get somewhere in life someday.

I only downvote if I think a post is shitty. Certain people just seem to have elevated shitty posting to an art form. You really must share your techniques with the class. 

• Thanks 3
  • D'oh 2

1 hour ago, stilgar said:

You and fuggs seem to be the only people who get upset about downvotes. 

I don't give two shits about down votes here, I just find it funny when I see I have 5+ notifications and they're all the same guy down voting posts. 

It's not like with the PoS previous board where down votes had the result of giving you a 2 minute wait for posts

On 9/20/2019 at 5:24 PM, elfie said:

Interestingly, they got archived recordings of Lisa Ortiz anytime Jigglypuff sings in the movie. Which I found interesting since she's part of the outdated dub cast, the one Nintendo ran over once they got the rights to Pokemon. They got the original Pikachu voice to record new sounds for it though.

actually Jigglypuff is Racheal Lillis

Lisa Ortiz is actually the head voice director for Pokemon currently