UnevenEdge

FOOTBALL 2018: THE UN-TRUMPENING

1pooh4u

18 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

OBJ is one of the most overrated receivers in the NFL rn. Plus the play calls are terrible. 3rd & 9 but let’s throw to OBJ way behind the line of scrimmage 😑

the giants are a mess. their entire offense consisted of lets throw it to saquon behind the line of scrimmage and let hope for the best. the other time poor eli was getting tackled and harassed all game. and when he had time his throws were ugly even the ones that were caught. obj is really their best player and its not even close. its too early to say saquon is their best since he needs to keep this up all season for multiple years. but the kid looks special.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

no arguing here my man, just your normal football trash talk we like to indulge here all the time. my hate for brady stems all the way back to the tuck rule game. that game cemented my hate for brady. everything else is just fuel for the fire. i think pooh got the most legit reason for brady hate, she has had to endure almost 20 years of brady tyranny. 

i also hate that we are going to have to hear about him being the goat. hes great and definitely deserves to be up there with the best but i wouldn't use the goat label on him.

Of course! Its fun to banter with yall! And yepp him and joe are top 2 obviously. Pick your poison i guess when it comes to the goat. Do you think anyone else is there possibly? I cant think of any even close, regular season manning is but he really wasnt a great playoff guy.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:41 PM, 1pooh4u said:

OBJ is one of the most overrated receivers in the NFL rn. Plus the play calls are terrible. 3rd & 9 but let’s throw to OBJ way behind the line of scrimmage 😑

fair enough on overrated, but hes still a top 10 player, top 5 talent. But this is just not being very bias, i think hes a complete dick, not TO level, but thats hard to get too lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nameraka said:

well osweiler is starting for the dolphins this week. :(

i debated whether this should go here or in dumpster fires...

considering they're up against the Bears Defense and currently winning, they're not doing too bad

I never thought I'd say this but I'm watching the Browns play, aside from the sacks their O-line is giving up they don't look too bad

3 minutes ago, molarbear said:

considering they're up against the Bears Defense and currently winning, they're not doing too bad

I never thought I'd say this but I'm watching the Browns play, aside from the sacks their O-line is giving up they don't look too bad

yeah. so far so good.

but i said that in the first half last week too. :(

57 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

none. his play calling has been horrible and aaron rodgers has called him out on it. last night was a good example, that last drive, it was all aaron rodgers going for it while mike would have played for OT. 

Fair enough, he really has been trending down this year. but its just weird to me, because hes been the coach since 07 and ive always thought he wasnt great, but a solid coach. But yeah, this year it seems hes been exposed.

3 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

this performance guarantees he stays in the league another 5 years lol. 

lol. This is kinda random, but a couple days ago on football sunday, i was like fuck where the hell is matt schaub? I looked it up and i guess hes Matty Ice's backup. Thinking of Brock triggered me for some reason to think of him. In fairness tho he was solid in his prime and brock was not.

Edited by jayrider128

8 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

You da man for doing this game. I tried once and said, “fuck this shit” pretty quickly 😆

I kind of miss the old College pick em thread but I don't think enough people that use to participate made the journey to these forums

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, molarbear said:

I kind of miss the old College pick em thread but I don't think enough people that use to participate made the journey to these forums

I never played the college one. There’s too much going on in college football in terms of divisions. I can’t keep up 😆

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

You da man for doing this game. I tried once and said, “fuck this shit” pretty quickly 😆

Thanks.

I'm going to need some help for the week of Nov. 6th, I won't be able to do the usual Tuesday update due to the election.

As far as College pick em, maybe we can do a Bowl Pick bonus round or something. I'm open to that if people want it, to maybe pick five college bowls and have them worth two points each.

On 10/16/2018 at 3:56 PM, jayrider128 said:

lol. This is kinda random, but a couple days ago on football sunday, i was like fuck where the hell is matt schaub? I looked it up and i guess hes Matty Ice's backup. Thinking of Brock triggered me for some reason to think of him. In fairness tho he was solid in his prime and brock was not.

brock is the very definition of a good backup qb. not good enough to carry a team but he wont hurt the team if he is in a good system. matt schuab kinda feels like he's in that same type of mold so probably why you thought of him. 

8 hours ago, molarbear said:

i stay away from college sports myself. its already hard enough for me to keep up with all the pro sports. also i dislike that the players arent paid because of some bullshit reason. 

8 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I never played the college one. There’s too much going on in college football in terms of divisions. I can’t keep up 😆

You just gotta pick a team and root for them.... Then root against anyone ranked lower than them. 

I like it because it's do or die almost every week, it's not like the NFL where you can make the playoffs some seasons with a .500 record

51 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i stay away from college sports myself. its already hard enough for me to keep up with all the pro sports. also i dislike that the players arent paid because of some bullshit reason. 

Meh, I mean HS players don't get paid but someone is getting money for them to be televised and ticket sales are going somewhere

My evaluation of the Jets game: 🤮

Seriously, the center sucks and needs to go.  

Also why when you say “don’t give me the score” do people have to give you the score?  Went all the way to 5:00 before my cousin’s wife was like “sorry the Jets lost”

FUUUUUU

Edited by 1pooh4u