UnevenEdge

FOOTBALL 2018: THE UN-TRUMPENING

1pooh4u

the thursday games felt pretty meh but there was a lot more on the line for most of sunday games and were closer games. 

pats took control of the #2 seed which they badly need to hang on to in order to have any chance for the super bowl. with the chiefs loss and their much tougher remaining schedule, gives the pats a good chance for the #1 seed. but this feels like the weakest pats teams we've seen in years. and this week is like the third one i've seen that shows brady in decline. they ran the ball so much against the jets. the jets!

the wild card race is heating up. lots of teams that everyone thought were dead are still alive and heating up at the right time. packers are mathematically still in but no one should expect them to make it. and the entire nfc east is such a mess. the losses from both the skins and the panthers have given seattle a chance to catch up for that last wild card spot. 

the broncos played some good football again for a nice upset over the steelers and now they are only like a game behind the last wildcard spot and have an easy schedule. tho they can't afford to drop any games so they might end up missing out. ravens and colts win and have the same record but ravens have the tie breaker and have that last wild card spot. titans need a win tonight in order to keep up with those teams. 

On 11/27/2018 at 8:45 PM, Master-Debater131 said:

Everyone doubting the Broncos can bugger off :D

Were making a run! 

Pfft. Run away in shame maybe.

Broncos will never be great as long as Elway is in charge because Elway will never draft a great QB.

2 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

looks like the chiefs let him go. i dont get that move. its not like this is something the chiefs just learned about today and are just taking action now that tmz leaked the video. either way it looks bad on them so why not just keep him? 

It's always a bad sign when they claim "he wasn't truthful with us" and then cut him within hours of it coming out.  Looks bad.

8 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

It's always a bad sign when they claim "he wasn't truthful with us" and then cut him within hours of it coming out.  Looks bad.

exactly. and now instead of just having bad PR and a player that will get suspended a few games, they lose a top tier player just so they can project the image of having no tolerance for violence against women. but they aint fooling no one since we all know they really dont give a shit. 

now the next question is who picks up hunt? there's no way he stays jobless. domestic violence is not a big enough deterrent to get you blacklisted if you are talented enough. 

You can't discount the importance of a no tolerance policy on sexual harassment and violence toward women, but this only serves to expose the fact that the Chiefs knew about this and did nothing until someone made a stink.  It's not the right kind of optics if you're trying to convince people you take this problem seriously.

21 hours ago, Ginguy said:

Pfft. Run away in shame maybe.

Broncos will never be great as long as Elway is in charge because Elway will never draft a great QB.

He has done a great job with the D tho. But yeah it seems hes unlucky so far. From The Brock Ness Monster to Trevor Sieman (who had one average year, but imploded thee 2nd) to Paxton Lynch who started like 2 games. And Keenum has been ok. I agree tho. pressure is on him to get a real franchise QB.

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Kareem Hunt is a scumbag. You know why he did that?  Because a woman refused to have sex with someone in his entourage. 

May his career be as over as Ray Rice 🤬

Except Ray Rice tried to redeem himself in some sense after his incident. Yet to be seen if Kareem will try to become a better person, and learn from this. That being said, what he did was appalling and he should be suspended at LEAST the first 8 games of next season. Also extremely stupid getting that emotional and reacting with violence in that situation, losing millions. Apparently he was also untruthful about the situation with his team. Also where did you read that it was because a woman refused to have his sex with his entourage? Not doubting it, just from what i read it was that the victim and her friend refused to leave the apartment, when the incident then began.

6 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Kareem Hunt is a scumbag. You know why he did that?  Because a woman refused to have sex with someone in his entourage. 

as bad as that was you just know someone is gonna give him a job. theres gonna be an owner that doesnt care about the negative publicity and is gonna hire him. the nfl will give him a suspension of maybe a half a season then it will all be forgiven. the question is which owner doesnt give a shit about htaking a massive PR hit when hiring hunt? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

as bad as that was you just know someone is gonna give him a job. theres gonna be an owner that doesnt care about the negative publicity and is gonna hire him. the nfl will give him a suspension of maybe a half a season then it will all be forgiven. the question is which owner doesnt give a shit about htaking a massive PR hit when hiring hunt? 

The Patriots. Dead. Ass. Serious. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jayrider128 said:

Except Ray Rice tried to redeem himself in some sense after his incident. Yet to be seen if Kareem will try to become a better person, and learn from this. That being said, what he did was appalling and he should be suspended at LEAST the first 8 games of next season. Also extremely stupid getting that emotional and reacting with violence in that situation, losing millions. Apparently he was also untruthful about the situation with his team. Also where did you read that it was because a woman refused to have his sex with his entourage? Not doubting it, just from what i read it was that the victim and her friend refused to leave the apartment, when the incident then began.

When the story first broke. I read it in the post. I can’t find it now. They might have retracted that part of the story 

The NFL is a horrible organization. You’d think they’d learn by now that cameras are everywhere and just being like “he said he didn’t do it. What more can we do?” Is no longer enough. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

I will be absolutely shocked if they touch him. Kraft is no nonsense on DV. Plus they don't need him with promising rookie Sony Michel, and fantastic passing catch back James White. 

They had no prob taking Hernandez and he was problematic from his school years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

They had no prob taking Hernandez and he was problematic from his school years. 

The Hernandez card . But yea your right they screwed up there, royally. He basically has a whole Wiki page dedicated to his legal problems since high school. Since him, the Pats have been much more careful. And it wasn't really DV with him as much as fights, and possible connections to shootings.

18 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I'm not so down on him.  Guys don't jump like that just because the girl didn't want to sleep with his friend.  If she called him the n word, she's partly to blame.

Edited by scoobdog

13 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I'm not so down on him.  Guys don't jump like that just because the girl didn't want to sleep with his friend.  If she called him the n word, she's partly to blame.

They’re investigating a second incident. 😬

29 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I sucked in picks for the last month. It’s like fuck it at this point 😆

If you look at the scores, depending on how the GOAT and LOL picks fall out, no one is really out it if they have been playing consistently.

Also Empty is a fucking quitter and his rank should be "Fucking Quitter" so someone bug Pat til it happens....

Where's that autistic potato-peeling goblin at when he might be useful....

5 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

If you look at the scores, depending on how the GOAT and LOL picks fall out, no one is really out it if they have been playing consistently.

Also Empty is a fucking quitter and his rank should be "Fucking Quitter" so someone bug Pat til it happens....

Where's that autistic potato-peeling goblin at when he might be useful....

I’m still playing lol I heard GB fired McCarthy. Jets should fire Bowles and grab him up. Jets are, those gd fuckin Jets