UnevenEdge

FOOTBALL 2018: THE UN-TRUMPENING

1pooh4u

3 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

Damn, I just watched Alex Theismann get rocked.

Ugly injury, I don't see him returning to the field honestly.

I dunno either but sports medicine is an amazing thing, so you never know. 20 years ago ACL tears were ending careers.  They don’t necessarily anymore 

Maybe they upgraded the shattered ankle repair 

Edited by 1pooh4u

6 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I dunno either but sports medicine is an amazing thing, so you never know. 20 years ago ACL tears were ending careers.  They don’t necessarily anymore 

It depends on how jagged the break is I suppose.

If it is comparatively clean, they can put him back together. If it is a splintered mess, he is done.

They also have a pretty generous and early retirement.

It is a tough sport, every once in a while people do get hurt badly. I hope Alex Smith recovers fully, but I don't know that he will, it looked pretty ugly. At the very least I hope he can recover use of his leg and general mobility, if he can't get back on the field.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sawdamizer said:

Alex Smith has died.

Such a shame. I completely forgot Colt Mccoy was still in the league when he came in the game. Overall Alex managed a decent 6-4 team. Yall right, that could be it for him. Hes been around since 05.

Edited by jayrider128

On 11/18/2018 at 1:29 PM, CAC said:

The Jags lost that game for us pretty much.

they played extremely conservative on offense and the steelers were able to take advantage. can't blame the jags defense they played it as well as anyone could.

what a crazy week of football again. first all, sucks to see what happened to alex smith. thats the type of injury you dont wish upon anyone no matter how you feel about them. the skins lose the game and now need a qb in 3 days! and they play a cowboys team that is only 1 game behind them and picking up momentum. 

eagles got embarrassed against the saints. this gotta be the biggest drop off i've seen from a defending champion team. just crazy to see them being this bad less than a year since they won the bowl. surprisingly, they are only two games behind the skins and one behind the cowboys but it feels like it's pretty much over for the eagles.

i saw the charger game and just couldn't help but laugh. they have the worst special teams ever. they had what felt like a decent lead but the broncos defense came though in the last few drives and the offense got them in a situation where a field goal wins them the game.

the cardinals out tanking the raiders yesterday. fucking a, now we in a 3 way tie to the first pick. at least that was the only game we should have any chance of winning for the remainder of the  season. 

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Damn so many turnovers 

good game though 

That's not bad play as much as it's two aggressive play callers.  Scoring like that in an NFL game is going to come down to who makes fewer turnovers.  Goff's experience got him through this game.

6 hours ago, scoobdog said:

That's not bad play as much as it's two aggressive play callers.  Scoring like that in an NFL game is going to come down to who makes fewer turnovers.  Goff's experience got him through this game.

Rams 111 scores on def won them that game. 😆

jk game was bananas 

Edited by 1pooh4u

20 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

they played extremely conservative on offense and the steelers were able to take advantage. can't blame the jags defense they played it as well as anyone could.

what a crazy week of football again. first all, sucks to see what happened to alex smith. thats the type of injury you dont wish upon anyone no matter how you feel about them. the skins lose the game and now need a qb in 3 days! and they play a cowboys team that is only 1 game behind them and picking up momentum. 

eagles got embarrassed against the saints. this gotta be the biggest drop off i've seen from a defending champion team. just crazy to see them being this bad less than a year since they won the bowl. surprisingly, they are only two games behind the skins and one behind the cowboys but it feels like it's pretty much over for the eagles.

i saw the charger game and just couldn't help but laugh. they have the worst special teams ever. they had what felt like a decent lead but the broncos defense came though in the last few drives and the offense got them in a situation where a field goal wins them the game.

the cardinals out tanking the raiders yesterday. fucking a, now we in a 3 way tie to the first pick. at least that was the only game we should have any chance of winning for the remainder of the  season. 

The last a drop off happened  this bad was when my Bucs went 7-9 after the 02 superbowl spanking we gave the raiders.

Edited by jayrider128

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

Any other year, the Pats skate into to the SB.  This year, not so much; they need to start playing more inspired ball if they want to keep up with the Chiefs.

I think they will turn it around. Bill is great making adjustments coming of a bye. I have no idea if they will be able to pull off a Superbowl appearance with Pittsburgh, LA, and Kansas City playing great. But we shall see wont we. Though that Pat kid is the fucking truth, just insane what we have seen from him. Though playing in this absolutely absurd pass happy league helps. I thought the mid 2000's were pass happy, the 2018 NFL has blown that away.

3 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

The last a drop off happened of this bad was when my Bucs went 7-9 after the 02 superbowl spanking we gave the raiders.

i dont remember how bad the bucs looked that year, but they probably had some key injuries or something happened that season. the eagles on the other hand just looked like theyve given up on the season. crazy to say cuz their division is still wide open, even to the giants. but that game must have been embarrassing to see for eagles fans. 

last night game was for sure game of the year. two of the best most explosive teams going at it. they would make for an exciting super bowl.

35 minutes ago, Distortedreasoning said:

i dont remember how bad the bucs looked that year, but they probably had some key injuries or something happened that season. the eagles on the other hand just looked like theyve given up on the season. crazy to say cuz their division is still wide open, even to the giants. but that game must have been embarrassing to see for eagles fans. 

last night game was for sure game of the year. two of the best most explosive teams going at it. they would make for an exciting super bowl.

Brad Johnson was just kind of lame that year lol. And yeah its weird because despite that awful game Carson Wentz had I thought hes had a decent year.