UnevenEdge

FOOTBALL 2018: THE UN-TRUMPENING

1pooh4u

13 minutes ago, molarbear said:

That hasn't been confirmed yet

he's still day to day

I'd wait until Saturday to change it

I already changed it but can still change it back b4 kickoff. I’m thinking of changing another pick anyway. I think I picked Pittsburgh over KC but now I’m unsure. Don’t even care that it’s a home game for Pittsburgh. I think KC has a good team real capable of winning 

21 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I already changed it but can still change it back b4 kickoff. I’m thinking of changing another pick anyway. I think I picked Pittsburgh over KC but now I’m unsure. Don’t even care that it’s a home game for Pittsburgh. I think KC has a good team real capable of winning 

I picked the Chiefs in that one. 

That's just my take on it though.

On a completely different subject, with Rodgers being injured again I really wish the Packers had made some moves during the draft and found a way to get Baker Mayfield.  I really feel like their playing styles are similar and Mayfield could have learned a lot from Rodgers and eventually taken over when the time came. 

Edited by molarbear
  • Like 1

Just now, molarbear said:

I picked the Chiefs in that one.  Alex Ross has been way more consistent than Roethlisberger and Le'Veon Ball is still sitting out.

On a completely different subject, with Rodgers being injured again I really wish the Packers had made some moves during the draft and found a way to get Baker Mayfield.  I really feel like their playing styles are similar and Mayfield could have learned a lot from Rodgers and eventually taken over when the time came. 

I agree with you but maybe they were thinking Rodgers has at least 3 more years left in him and that’s a stingy estimate. There might be a much better QB in future drafts. They def shoulda made moves for Bridgewater cuz the backup they used Sunday wasn’t very good 😬

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

I agree with you but maybe they were thinking Rodgers has at least 3 more years left in him and that’s a stingy estimate. There might be a much better QB in future drafts. They def shoulda made moves for Bridgewater cuz the backup they used Sunday wasn’t very good 😬

They haven't had a decent 2nd string QB since they got rid of Matt Flynn.  It's something no one ever speaks of is Green Bay without Rodgers, I mean seriously, he's day to day right now and Vegas won't take bets on the Viking/Packer game because everyone knows they suck without him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, molarbear said:

They haven't had a decent 2nd string QB since they got rid of Matt Flynn.  It's something no one ever speaks of is Green Bay without Rodgers, I mean seriously, he's day to day right now and Vegas won't take bets on the Viking/Packer game because everyone knows they suck without him.

You know shit’s bad if not even Vegas will take a bet 😆

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

I went with KC less because they are good, and more becasue Pit may be a dumpster fire.  Its smoldering, but has the chance to ignite rapidly here. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Lol I gotta Check I thought I picked  The bengals but lol I forgetted 😆

Earlier I said Alex Ross had been consistent this season...

I was thinking of Alex Smith and he doesn't even play for the Chiefs, I wish I could at least say I was drunk when I made that big of a stupid but alas....I was stone sober

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, molarbear said:

Earlier I said Alex Ross had been consistent this season...

I was thinking of Alex Smith and he doesn't even play for the Chiefs, I wish I could at least say I was drunk when I made that big of a stupid but alas....I was stone sober

Smith went to Washington won first game

mahomes is in KC. He sat behind Smith last year. He also won. Mahomes has Tyriq Hill and Kareem Hunt they probably can make any QB look good

also don’t feel bad about making a mistake. Shit changes so fast and often in the league it’s hard to keep track of all that stuff 😆

Edited by 1pooh4u

22 hours ago, molarbear said:

I picked the Chiefs in that one. 

chiefs still have really shitty pass defense. that will be their downfall but they got a lot of talent on offense. i could see big ben even at this big decline in his career doing well against the chiefs defense. though conditions are ripe for things to unravel for the steelers. 

and the packers dont get any sympathy. theyve had several seasons of experience to see what happens when rodgers goes out. their fault for not getting a good backup qb like other good teams have, like the vikings and the eagles last year. 

and judging from last night, cincy is looking pretty good. way to protect that lead. also i think the ravens should give rg3 a chance to play. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Smith went to Washington won first game

also don’t feel bad about making a mistake. Shit changes so fast and often in the league it’s hard to keep track of all that stuff 😆

If you asked me to tell you off the top of my head where Sam Bradford is playing this year I couldn't do it.  Dude's been on like 6 different teams already. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Distortedreasoning said:

and the packers dont get any sympathy. theyve had several seasons of experience to see what happens when rodgers goes out. their fault for not getting a good backup qb like other good teams have, like the vikings and the eagles last year. 

I think at this point they anytime Rodgers goes down they should start taking body part donations from the fan base

I'd gladly donate an ACL to Frankenstein Rodgers back together

21 minutes ago, molarbear said:

Clinton Dix with a interception!

That all but seals the game

I think the new roughing the passer penalty needs more clarity

the announcers claim you're not suppose to attempt drive a QB to the ground while tackling them, Matthews literally just tackled the dude

• Like 1

You are all missing the most important thing:

a529b69224fc578573dbf4d4f5772314--sports

Oh, the new roughing rules say that you cannot land on the QB with most or all of your body weight. That is what got the call, Cousins was lifted off his feet and dropped to the ground, thus involving most of Matthews body weight.

It is a lame rule if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Distortedreasoning said:

its a really shitty rule.

I get why it's there but at the same time I feel like the NFL is terrible at wording rules these days.  It's like anytime they come up with a new rule they hire professionals to word it in the most obscure way possible.