UnevenEdge

Name the three branches of U.S. government.

1938 Packard

Trump is president because a third of Americans don't know how our government is supposed to work and the other two thirds apparently don't think that's a problem.

Yet, such a highly educated man such as yourself, voted for him anyway.

A man like you that knows all the things.  ::]:: :) >:D :D

:it:

I agree with you that most of the American electorate is not very educated when it comes to a variety of important political topics and the workings of our government. I honestly blame the way Highschool and Early College curriculums tend to be laid out. History, Civics, Biology, and Physical Science classes should be required in larger bulk rather than classes that benefit a very specific set of career fields. This is to say we don't need to have kids taking 2 semesters of foreign languages as a basic requirement for graduating, or 2 art appreciate classes when they are basically allowed to pick and choose between having more than one or any biology OR physical science. We need less emphasis on things like electives and more on requirements for better education on History and Civics. I do not think kids need to take more than basic math unless they have interest in that field or even high sciences like physics. But I seriously question the priorities of education when we force kids to take Art and Spanish or German over things that will actually aid them in making responsible informed decisions in adult life.

Yes you did. Don't lie.

I take it you're a Hillary supporter?  How did you expect Hillary to win?  Since you don't care that one third of American adults can't correctly name the three branches of U.S. government, you should expect that portion of the electorate to become a wild card that could knock your favorite candidates out of the ring.  In other words, regardless of whether I personally voted for Trump, you have no right to bitch, whine and moan about how unfair it is that Hillary didn't win.  You are part of what caused Hillary to lose.  If you wanted Hillary to win, you should have paid more attention to who you were competing against as a voter.

I take it you're a Hillary supporter?  How did you expect Hillary to win?  Since you don't care that one third of American adults can't correctly name the three branches of U.S. government, you should expect that portion of the electorate to become a wild card that could knock your favorite candidates out of the ring.  In other words, regardless of whether I personally voted for Trump, you have no right to bitch, whine and moan about how unfair it is that Hillary didn't win.  You are part of what caused Hillary to lose.  If you wanted Hillary to win, you should have paid more attention to who you were competing against as a voter.

That's stupid, you're stupid.  How would Pooh's awareness not have gotten Trump elected.......It's the unaware people that voted him into office.

You're an idiot none of what you said makes any sense.  First off, I never supported Hilary and I still didn't vote for Trump. My vote's irrelevant, she won my state.  Second, my lack of concern that people can't name the three branches of government also has nothing to do with the election of Trump.  Third, I never bitched about Hilary not winning the election. Fourth, people voting for Trump and protest voting another candidate in swing states is what got Trump elected. It's how our stupid electoral system works, dumb ass.  Fifth, your reply was stupid and it should make you feel bad.

Sixth, don't go outside without wearing a helmet.  |::

That's stupid, you're stupid.  How would Pooh's awareness not have gotten Trump elected.......It's the unaware people that voted him into office.

The problem is Pooh's apathy.  Pooh decided a long time ago to stop caring.  So, the school system has failed a third of the population.  Why has it failed?  Because people like Pooh think that a "Heather Has Two Mommies" curriculum is far more important than teaching civics.  People like Pooh think that teaching second graders how to put condoms on pickles is far more important than teaching civics.  The final result is a grossly uninformed electorate.  When that blew up in Pooh's face with the Trump victory... It was too late to change anything.  Pooh is stuck with the choices made.  Because of apathy.  Had Pooh decided to get involved twenty years ago, we'd all have a far better president than either Hillary OR Trump today, because NEITHER of them would have even gotten past the primaries.

I'm also not sure why this thread is 13 pages long....

Because too many people chose to ignore the content of the OP and instead try to turn it into a comedy act of who can come with the most absurd description of the three branches.  The OP shows that one third of America's adult population can not name the three branches correctly.  If you want to make that a subject of debate, click the link, form an opinion and a post.  If you're just going to make a joke out something you didn't even bother to read, you're no better than a vandal.

The problem is Pooh's apathy.  Pooh decided a long time ago to stop caring.  So, the school system has failed a third of the population.  Why has it failed?  Because people like Pooh think that a "Heather Has Two Mommies" curriculum is far more important than teaching civics.  People like Pooh think that teaching second graders how to put condoms on pickles is far more important than teaching civics.  The final result is a grossly uninformed electorate.  When that blew up in Pooh's face with the Trump victory... It was too late to change anything.  Pooh is stuck with the choices made.  Because of apathy.  Had Pooh decided to get involved twenty years ago, we'd all have a far better president than either Hillary OR Trump today, because NEITHER of them would have even gotten past the primaries.

Did you not read your thread? Only two, well if you include sandstone and you, four people on these boards can name the three branches. This ignorance of civics is far worse than than cigarette odor-denying mind can fathom. We need to make long-winded declarations like we're experts to make sure that people actually know what they're talking about!

My apathy?  Please shut the fuck up. You're a moron

Don't pretend like you know what's important to me.

You can teach civics, sex education and diversity you twit.

My apathy?  Please shut the fuck up. You're a moron

Don't pretend like you know what's important to me.

You can teach civics, sex education and diversity you twit.

That's right... YOUR apathy.

Where the bloody fuck WERE you when the public school system was switching away from FACT based education to political and social opinion education?  You let this happen.  It's YOUR fault that we now have people graduating high school who demand a right to vote while they don't even know what the fuck they are voting for.

That's right... YOUR apathy.

Where the bloody fuck WERE you when the public school system was switching away from FACT based education to political and social opinion education?  You let this happen.  It's YOUR fault that we now have people graduating high school who demand a right to vote while they don't even know what the fuck they are voting for.

Lol you really are retarded.

Look if you really want me to verbally humiliate you cuz that's the only way your dick gets hard after years of inhaling toilet bowl cleaner, you're going to have to send money to my PayPal first.

Lol you really are retarded.

Look if you really want me to verbally humiliate you cuz that's the only way your dick gets hard after years of inhaling toilet bowl cleaner, you're going to have to send money to my PayPal first.

Oh... I'm retarded because people are graduating high school without even a minimum, basic understanding of things that had been discussed in my forth grade.  And, YOU let that happen. 

Oh... I'm retarded because people are graduating high school without even a minimum, basic understanding of things that had been discussed in my forth grade.  And, YOU let that happen.

Yes, you're even too retarded to understand why I'm calling you retarded.

You poor thing.

Because too many people chose to ignore the content of the OP and instead try to turn it into a comedy act of who can come with the most absurd description of the three branches.  The OP shows that one third of America's adult population can not name the three branches correctly.  If you want to make that a subject of debate, click the link, form an opinion and a post.  If you're just going to make a joke out something you didn't even bother to read, you're no better than a vandal.

Am I too late?!

740full-kaitlyn-leeb.jpg