UnevenEdge

If someone goes to the store, and you ask them to get you something......

André Toulon

Then the store didn't have what you asked for, would you rather the person just make an assumption on what you would like or just bring you nothing?

Like if you say you want a rootbeer and they instead come back with cream soda because they were out of rootbeer, would you drink it or be kinda ticked that they spent your money on something you didn't want.

Then the store didn't have what you asked for, would you rather the person just make an assumption on what you would like or just bring you nothing?

Like if you say you want a rootbeer and they instead come back with cream soda because they were out of rootbeer, would you drink it or be kinda ticked that they spent your money on something you didn't want.

I'd hope they would text/call me versus spending my money. But I usually have contingencies for just such scenarios and give them back ups to buy in lieu of what I originally asked for.

I'd hope they would text/call me versus spending my money. But I usually have contingencies for just such scenarios and give them back ups to buy in lieu of what I originally asked for.

I never think that far ahead......And the thing is, I don't drink soda often anymore at all, but sometimes I want a rootbeer.......It's the only reason I can't say I don't drink soda at all.

i have to agree with the others when they said, phones, they should be used in such scenarios.

if i wasn't able to be reached for some reason or another, i would prefer nothing. i say that because its usually the beer or specific kind of kombucha i asked for is out... i am WAY pickier about those than any other beverage and that shit is spensive comparatively, to have someone show up with something i won't even drink.

Depends on what type of thing we are talking about and how much it costs. Also how well they know me and my tastes.

I would want a call asking what I would like intead of the requested item.

Adversely, when I was a kid, I would go to the local corner store and buy snacks, my brother would give me money to get  him something specific and a lot of times, they wouldn't have that item, and this led me to have actual anxiety attacks in the store, freaking out about whether to get nothing or a replacement item.

If you're specific about what they want, it would be better to call you and tell you it isn't available, but it's rude to complain if someone provides you with a substitute since (a) you didn't provide an alternate choice and (b) you didn't pay them for the time and effort of doing your shopping for you.

Guest The Hound

i'd expect and/or get depending on the situation the closest thing to what they wanted, provided its my money that is being used

Generally, We won't ask for anything, in part- not a large part, mind you, but it exists- to avoid this very scenario. If We were feeling whimsical and made a request, We would accept substitutes as We're likely not that invested in the thing for which We asked, and We trust them to know Our preferences well enough or else We would never have asked in the first place. If, on the other hand, circumstances forced Us to rely on someone else to get something, say because illness had left Us bedridden or some other commitment was demanding Our attention, We're probably stressed out as it is, and they had better come back with exactly what We require, even if it means going the next county over, or else not come back at all.

But again, if We don't trust someone to understand this up front, We're not going to bother asking.

a prerequisite to 'getting me things' from the store is a cell phone....if you dont have one, youre basically dead to me