UnevenEdge

Post your unpopular opinions here.

The_annoying_one

9 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Music really took a nosedive after the 90s.

Don’t get me wrong. There’s still some pretty good music out there. It’s just a lot more difficult to find than it used to be.

*nods in local rock station playing as much 90s-early 2000s rock as actual new songs*

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Out of this world sucked. There was another game like it that was slightly better but those cinematic 16 bit games weren't that good.

Neat to look at, but ass to play

Are you talking about Flashback?

I finally bought AEW Fight Forever on Steam only for it to not load when I try to launch the game. Turns out there's a software called Easy Anti-Cheat that would cause the game to crash while it's trying to load. So I got my money back.

This really pisses me off.

• Like 1

I don’t know how unpopular this is, but I just figured I’d drop it here anyway.

I hope the Walmart delivery driver who decided it was a good idea to take my $200+ order home for themselves today, and lost their job in the process really enjoys everything they didn’t have to pay a goddamn dime for. :LithiumSmiley:

I’ve probably already already said a variant of this before.

DEC211A4-0DE3-4783-B7EE-5C94E0B85FF2.thumb.jpeg.4dabcccacc06494c5049ef9ccfbb817b.jpeg

^ Losing this was more important than losing Candy Cigarettes or any dipshit non healthy snack.

I only had one single bag of that before they discontinued and that was enough to tell me that was the best of the whole brand.

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

I’ve probably already already said a variant of this before.

DEC211A4-0DE3-4783-B7EE-5C94E0B85FF2.thumb.jpeg.4dabcccacc06494c5049ef9ccfbb817b.jpeg

^ Losing this was more important than losing Candy Cigarettes or any dipshit non healthy snack.

I only had one single bag of that before they discontinued and that was enough to tell me that was the best of the whole brand.

Related thought: Killing off the Cool Ranch version of the Doritos Loco Taco was a mistake on Taco Bell's part.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Seight said:

Related thought: Killing off the Cool Ranch version of the Doritos Loco Taco was a mistake on Taco Bell's part.

I’m guessing Volcano Taco’s long gone too and that was yet another late ‘00s-early ‘10s thing keeping me around.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 9:57 PM, The_annoying_one said:

Music really took a nosedive after the 90s.

Don’t get me wrong. There’s still some pretty good music out there. It’s just a lot more difficult to find than it used to be.

Me in 2000: "Her name is Pink? And she has pink hair? That was totally her decision and not some music agent who thought they had an idea?" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

Me in 2000: "Her name is Pink? And she has pink hair? That was totally her decision and not some music agent who thought they had an idea?" 

When she came out they marketed her as this lifelong serious rapper, then after a year she was reinvented as a pop star. lol.

• Like 1

The only way the world can save itself from the brink of discussion is to replace narcissism and needless competition with logic and deductive reasoning. Not everything has to be a pissing contest.

Also broken ideals cannot fix a broken system, and no one needs to accept hypocrisy in any facet of life.

Self awareness is the key.

The Halo show is so insanely bad that I cannot wrap my head around how so many people seem to like it. I may be a big fan of some of the games but I'm not such a lore snob that I clutch my pearls at the thought of any changes being made. I get that it's a "different timeline" and that it was created for a broader audience, and that's fine, but this? This is what they made? Season 1 started with a brutal Covenant attack on a human settlement and then just dive bombed into weird subplots and got lost in the weeds trying to declare it was not the existing lore. 

Apparently some of the showrunners didn't play any of the games or read any of the books, and they're proud of that? This shit is boring ass bullshit. It's the epitome of lame. What a rich universe to just throw out the fucking air lock for the sake of "nuh uh this is a different timeline!" but still keeping so many elements from the original, only to butcher them. 

Normally I say let people enjoy what they enjoy and leave it be. If it's not for me, then I shouldn't watch it. But in this instance, this show is trash and you have bad taste if you enjoy this sober. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Made up Rhonda Rousey looks crazy to me, but plain Jane RR is kind of attractive 

I lowkey agree with you. When she smiles (like genuinely smiles, not forcibly smiles), she's very attractive.

I love the Foo Fighters they're one of my all time favorite bands but I got to be honest about this, much like AC/DC they've basically made the same type of music over and over again for decades. To point where I'll say if you've heard one Foo Fighters song then you've heard them all.

• Like 3