UnevenEdge

Pee Wee Herman Dead at 70

1pooh4u

13 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

i was just thinking this the other day. 

and i am starting to feel like, getting older, is just a way to hurt my own feelings. 

I’m laughing cuz it’s true it’s like you start thinking “fuck I’m on deck” and then you feel bad 🫠

• Haha 1

R.I.P.

My brother and I used to go at each other's throats when we were younger, but there were truces declared when we watched stuff like the Pee-Wee Herman movies together. We'd do the dance too. Also got to shoutout one of the best death scenes I've re-enacted countless times with friends:

• Like 5

I saw him on B’way with my Mom I’m coincidentally wearing the T/shirt I got my mom that night. After the show he came out and started talking to us and signing playbills. He was a really nice guy. I had video of it but it’s since been lost. He was out there at least a half hour maybe more. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

Wow Gen X entertainment entertainers are not living long at all 

seems like all the singers actors and other entertainers from my youngling years are all dying

The entertainers are dying and my friends are dropping like flies...2 this week...I get a bit paranoid about my mortality for no reason.

Well....for that reason

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

The entertainers are dying and my friends are dropping like flies...2 this week...I get a bit paranoid about my mortality for no reason.

Well....for that reason

Me too sometimes I get a little pain and I start thinking “whelp, this is it”. When everyone is dying around you it gets to fuck with your psyche a little bit.  I try to laugh it off by thinking of Redd Foxx playing Fred Sanford cuz there’s just so many times I can confuse gas with a heart attack before I start asking myself questions about my mental health. 🫠

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Me too sometimes I get a little pain and I start thinking “whelp, this is it”. When everyone is dying around you it gets to fuck with your psyche a little bit.  I try to laugh it off by thinking of Redd Foxx playing Fred Sanford cuz there’s just so many times I can confuse gas with a heart attack before I start asking myself questions about my mental health. 🫠

Lol, I don't really drink soda often, but Sprite really helps with this gastro shit when I can't medicate, so I got one....not sure what I did but I drank it wrong. The gas buildup or acid or something had my chest in a head lock and I was like "years of drugs and I'm taken out by an uncaffeinated drink" 😣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

Lol, I don't really drink soda often, but Sprite really helps with this gastro shit when I can't medicate, so I got one....not sure what I did but I drank it wrong. The gas buildup or acid or something had my chest in a head lock and I was like "years of drugs and I'm taken out by an uncaffeinated drink" 😣

couph the wrong way. that sharp pain that shoots through the back of the neck and up that head. 

i'm like "yup...that's an aneurysm. i'm dying right here, on this toilet seat. bowl in hand and everything"

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

I’d do a Nelson Muntz Ha!Ha! Respectfully as I clench my chest right along side you 😆

• Haha 3

I agree. Idt he would want us too sad. 

do you think on some far corner of the Internet a group of people are screeching over his Jambi character.  Personally I loved Jambi with the “mekalecka high mecka hiney ho”

I was crushed when Jambi died years back as well as the og ms Yvonne 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Well....for that reason

I chose to go into the field of political science, where everyone is like a senior citizen anyway so I always feel young even though it's been 20 years since I graduated. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Wow Gen X entertainment entertainers are not living long at all 

seems like all the singers actors and other entertainers from my youngling years are all dying

Yeah it's sad.  I still miss Bob Saget, Betty White, and Gilbert Gottfried.

Also most of the original Night Court cast.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Dick, Bob Newhart & Carol Burnett.

I have no idea who Bob Newhart is, but I knew Carol Burnett was still alive. I just checked and she is 90, which is about 15 years older than I thought.

Sorry, I wasn't alive in the seventies, lol

2 minutes ago, Insipid said:

I have no idea who Bob Newhart is, but I knew Carol Burnett was still alive. I just checked and she is 90, which is about 15 years older than I thought.

Sorry, I wasn't alive in the seventies, lol

His second show "Newhart" aired '82-'90.

• Like 1

I ended up seeing him in Ventura.  My friend got tickets to see the pre-opening of his Pee Wee's Big Adventure 35th Anniversary tour in February of 2020, so.we drove up the coast to see him.  The Q and A at the end of the show was hilarious.  There was no way of knowing he was fighting cancer at the time.

• Like 4

Every story people are recalling about him is just so damn wholesome.  He kept in contact w Natasha Lyonne (she was opal on PWPH) Dana Gould recalled the time he took his nieces to see him on b’way in 2010. He took them back stage after. Reubens asked for the chairy puppeteer to stay. The kids sat on chairy and got a big old hug. Kids loved it. It’s tons of stories like that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1