UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

1 hour ago, matrixman124 said:

I Am A Human Who Plays The Video Games

He looks like he was told he had to move away from the screen in order to look like he's not a toddler at the pizza place. And then of course zoom in on him and move away from the screen so no one can see the results. 

Also, he has guy-liner on and it looks like 'Perfectly Pink Nourishing Lip Tint' from Bath & Bodyworks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, SwimOdin said:

We’re such an embarrassment 

i think i mentioned that we have members of the heritage society on the board here?

mid was on the board. i was a poll worker (until we became the county pariah's)

but this was mentioned last year, and the board rejected the idea....then. with the HS person voting for. 

this is going to be one hell of an interesting election. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

It's a bit more complicated than that. Libertarianism is actually very all over the political spectrum. The more known libertarians are the small government, big deregulation, free market types. But libertarianism originated with leftists who wanted basically zero large government and self government via communes. Essentially communism without having the state apparatus.

The Green Party is a very cynical org that uses progressive platitudes and anti-establishment jargon to scam leftists out of money. Colluding with right wingers who are also pretending to be outsiders just helps them to branch out to more people who think they are Fighting The Power (tm)

I’m intentionally being reductive.  They aren’t Libertarian, but they share a penchant for disestablishment.

2 hours ago, discolé monade said:

i think i mentioned that we have members of the heritage society on the board here?

mid was on the board. i was a poll worker (until we became the county pariah's)

but this was mentioned last year, and the board rejected the idea....then. with the HS person voting for. 

this is going to be one hell of an interesting election. 

I don’t want an interesting election.  I want a straightforward one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Translation - you won't have to think about abortion because you won't be allowed to think about abortion! All your medical decisions as a female will be based on the fee-fees of some male legislator whose last job may or may not have been janitor at a Motel 6! Isn't that great! You won't even have to worry about traveling because you won't be allowed to leave the state! We are going to save you from all the pesky freedom! Vote 'Grab 'em by the p*ssy' 2024. :| 

• Like 2

A single Republican state senator from Omaha, Mike McDonnell, has so far stood firm against a push by former President Donald J. Trump, national Republicans and the Nebraska G.O.P. to change Nebraska from a state that divides its electoral votes by congressional district to one that awards all of them to the statewide winner. Maine is the only other state without a winner-take-all system.

If Mr. McDonnell buckles, two other Republican senators in Nebraska’s unicameral legislature who have also not yet committed to changing Nebraska’s system are likely to follow his lead, according to a number of Republicans and Democrats involved in the discussions going on at the State Capitol.

The tumbling dominoes would almost certainly give the single electoral vote of Omaha and its suburbs, which Vice President Kamala Harris is favored to win, to Mr. Trump.

That might not sound like much, but if Ms. Harris were to win the so-called blue wall — Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin — while losing every other battleground state, Nevada, Arizona, Georgia and North Carolina, that one electoral vote would be the difference between a 270-268 Electoral College victory for the vice president or a 269-269 tie. And in the event of a tie, the House of Representatives would determine the winner, not by raw votes of House members but by the support of each state delegation.

With more delegations in Republican control, Mr. Trump would almost certainly win.

Democrats have taken one of Nebraska’s electoral votes twice since the system was put in place. Barack Obama did it in 2008. President Biden did it in 2020. Some Democrats have looked to Maine, the only other state with a similar system, to nullify a change in Nebraska, but that would be almost impossible.

Maine is controlled by Democrats, but only “emergency” legislation can be implemented immediately, and such legislation takes two-thirds majorities in both Maine chambers. Democrats do not have nearly those numbers. They could pass legislation making the state winner-take-all, but it would take effect 90 days after being signed — well after the November election.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/20/us/politics/nebraska-trump-electoral-vote.html

• Sad 1

The new thing I’m seeing in Jewish circles are people trying to engage in mental gymnastics to make the horrific shit Trump has said ok. Seriously the fact check of the “very fine people” comment is going around as though that makes a difference. “He didn’t say some Nazis were’very fine people’ he meant the other people counter protesting” As though that matters. You can’t be a very fine person and accept Nazis among you. It doesn’t work that way.

Another thing is attempting  to paint Kamala as a liar when she mentioned Trump saying “Jews need their heads examined” because he only was saying that about Jews that don’t vote for him. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Attack one you attack us all.  It’s really something. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

The new thing I’m seeing in Jewish circles are people trying to engage in mental gymnastics to make the horrific shit Trump has said ok. Seriously the new fact check of the “very fine people” comment is going around as though that makes a difference. “He didn’t say some Nazis were’very fine people’ he meant the other people counter protesting” As though that matters. You can’t be a very fine person and accept Nazis among you. It doesn’t work that way.

Another thing is attempting  to paint Kamala as a liar when she mentioned Trump saying “Jews need their heads examined” because he only was saying that about Jews that don’t vote for him. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Attack one you attack us all.  It’s really something. 

I'm fb friends with the drummer from one of my favorite bands who happens to be both Jewish and a full blown trumptard. Somehow it got to the point that 95% of his posts are about politics instead of music. It's exhausting scrolling past his b.s.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I'm fb friends with the drummer from one of my favorite bands who happens to be both Jewish and a full blown trumptard. Somehow it got to the point that 95% of his posts are about politics instead of music. It's exhausting scrolling past his b.s.

Snooze them. It’s ridiculous what I’m seeing. Some clown on Reddit left me a long ass diatribe on one of the Jewish subreddits. You know me. I told them I wasn’t reading all that because the first sentence was “Trump has been a better friend to Jews and has done more for Israel than any other president” a statement that is demonstrably untrue. They accused me of tribalism because I wouldn’t read bullshit from a moron on Reddit 😆

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

Looks like Trump is actively refusing to debate Harris again because he knows she will destroy him again 

I doubt it'll take more than light mockery to goad him into it. Dude's too stupid and egomaniacal to avoid the same trap.

• Thanks 2

Oh shit, now that I think about the actual plotline of Frisky Dingo, it may be more applicable than it was before Biden dipped.

Frisky Dingo spoilers:

Spoiler

Neither of them get the presidency since they're both disqualified and just wasted everyone's time. Killface even becomes an evangelical white supremacist whose advisor is a black rapper with an album called Ballocaust that is exactly what it sounds like.

I'm pretty sure the winner takes over by killing the actual winner. Not suggesting this of Harris, but the parody of right wing talking points is staggeringly accurate.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Sounds like a real alpha...

image.png.dc1f8f35cf286a217180fe5e43d062b8.png

Reminds me of when I was going to the ballgames in 2021 since they were practically giving tickets away.  There were a few instances where people bought pro-Trump banners to the stadium, and people cheered when security tossed their asses out.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, naraku360 said:

Oh shit, now that I think about the actual plotline of Frisky Dingo, it may be more applicable than it was before Biden dipped.

Frisky Dingo spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Neither of them get the presidency since they're both disqualified and just wasted everyone's time. Killface even becomes an evangelical white supremacist whose advisor is a black rapper with an album called Ballocaust that is exactly what it sounds like.

I'm pretty sure the winner takes over by killing the actual winner. Not suggesting this of Harris, but the parody of right wing talking points is staggeringly accurate.

Not for nothin, but... the "Splatty Tomato" episode of South Park also just happens to mention President Garrison "running around eating our pets and terrorizing our kids."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rpgamer said:

Not for nothin, but... the "Splatty Tomato" episode of South Park also just happens to mention President Garrison "running around eating our pets and terrorizing our kids."

Killface punches Xander with a penguin.

No relevance to reality.

Yet.

• Haha 3

On 9/21/2024 at 5:53 PM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I had to unfollow a FB friend recently as well. He was one of my college professors, and the man who married my husband and me. I used to look up to him but he's become such a disappointment of late. He's a Christian bigot and a fan of MAGAt disinformation, which really calls into question his grading practices...like could I have just made shit up, said I was just being creative or that I had a concept of a plan, and still got a passing grade?... And why was this white supremacist bigot teaching at a liberal university if his students offended and scared him so badly? Money talks, Christian "morality" walks, as usual.

Anyways, I had to explain to him the many problems that disinformation in media causes and he argued up and down that it was totes fine. I guess realizing that your elders are losers is part of growing up...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SwimOdin said:

The death of copy editing aside, this is the most accurate headline for Trump’s 2028 plansIMG_0106.thumb.jpeg.d93e06b3e97a954f91acd69bd89e9b51.jpeg

Some Q-anon freak is sitting in their mother’s basement rn trying to find the message in that headline 

“won’t wouldn’t both start with a ‘W’ W is the 23rd letter of the alphabet. ‘Donald J Trump’ has 12 letters. There are 12 apostles of Jesus. Therefore Donald J Trump is Jesus sent and you must vote for him” 

• Haha 5

That is the speculation. He switch from Dem to GOP after being censured for supporting abortion restrictions, but his hypothetical campaign would run to the left of the incumbent mayor.

If the GOP sniped this electoral vote at the last minute (it's too late for Maine to match), it'd mean Harris only winning the "blue wall" (WI/MI/PA) swing states would result in a tie (aka a Trump presidency).

3 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

That is the speculation. He switch from Dem to GOP after being censured for supporting abortion restrictions, but his hypothetical campaign would run to the left of the incumbent mayor.

If the GOP sniped this electoral vote at the last minute (it's too late for Maine to match), it'd mean Harris only winning the "blue wall" (WI/MI/PA) swing states would result in a tie (aka a Trump presidency).

Thankfully it appears that he didn’t want to do that.  

7 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Some Q-anon freak is sitting in their mother’s basement rn trying to find the message in that headline 

“won’t wouldn’t both start with a ‘W’ W is the 23rd letter of the alphabet. ‘Donald J Trump’ has 12 letters. There are 12 apostles of Jesus. Therefore Donald J Trump is Jesus sent and you must vote for him” 

Won't Wouldn't is a double negative. Double negatives cancel each other out. Cancel has 6 letters just like der Fehrer's holy last name. Therefore he is Jesus sent and you must vote for him. While injecting bleach and sticking christmas lights up your ass. 

• Haha 3