UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

2 hours ago, Blackrose321 said:

Which really just goes to show how terrible MAGAts are - anyone voting for Trump after everything that's happened is a truly awful person. Criticize Bill if you want, I don't worship politicians so I don't care, but don't forget that your god-chosen christian president fucked at least one hooker while his THIRD wife was pregnant with his son.

Can you imagine the amount of bullying that kid probably got in school? He's rich as fuck but so is everyone else he hangs out around, his money makes no difference - having your daddy's whoring around plastered all over the internet while you're in high school must have really helped his social life and self-esteem. And it definitely helped Trump's marriage, how many times has Melania been recorded swatting his hand away?

For the kids! Save our kids! :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

It does show how awful MAGAts and a certain subset of men in general are.

The "Lady MacBeth" is one of the oldest forms of misogyny, if not the oldest, in existence, so it's the go-to whenever a female politician rises the ranks.  In 2016, the Trump campaign decided to split the gap between HRC's portrayal as an ambitious woman riding her husband's coattails and as a weak enabler who was implicit in his criminal behavior.  Ostensibly, it was to neutralize Hillary's growing stature as a smart, capable, and independent politician, but there are also shades of Trump's unique brand chauvinism.  It was a turning point in American politics because it showed a willingness by one side to use a woman's victimhood as a psychological cudgel and reflected a growing number of men who blamed women for using historic abuses to emasculate them rather than acknowledge their own inadequacy.   We weren't really prepared to accept that INCELS and raging bigots/racists had as much sway over our political system as they ended up having.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Wow, without pepe, the right just has no idea how memes work at all.

They've made their identities about hating Biden and only Biden for the past 4 years. They haven't had to brainstorm on new slogans since Let's Go Brandon

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tsar4 said:

I'm flashing on Arte Johnson's "Wolfgang".  "Verrry interrresting...but SCHTUPID!"

image.png.c2f888301c753e9285f084a5fb9d3205.png

Two can play this game.

Using the current arguments that even eggs are now full blown human beings with all the so-called rights and privileges thereof, only one of Drumpf known spawn is eligible for a future in the Dumpster Monarchy because all the others were foreign ovum from foreign agencies. And Drumpf himself is disqualified because his mother was a Scottish immigrant - he's a foreign ovum too. 

Suck it, q-berts.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, scoobdog said:

RFKjr really is that bad of a candidate.

Now now. If you've officially got numbnuts running around with their GOP-approved military-grade weapons taking potshots at Presidential candidates, having a Kennedy on the sidelines might be a good idea. Perfect protection. No bullet can resist a Kennedy.

...too soon or not soon enough?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

'scuse me while I go pound my skull against a brick wall.

image.png.3ae5c7fa8357e1a86abb685bb2a506db.png

Well, they’re technically not wrong since the total amount of female presidents is zero.

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Insipid said:

Some GOP politicians are saying if Biden is not fit to run in the election then he probably shouldn't be president right now. It's nice to know they're excited for Harris to become president, even going so far to help her become one regardless of the election.

Tbh I would crack tf up if they pushed the issue causing him to resign, and then something truly fucked up happens and she rises to the occasion, exceeding all expectations.  That would be pretty sweet 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Tbh I would crack tf up if they pushed the issue causing him to resign, and then something truly fucked up happens and she rises to the occasion, exceeding all expectations.  That would be pretty sweet 

If she wins, she'll be tested soon enough.  Probably Putin, but maybe Xi.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

If she wins, she'll be tested soon enough.  Probably Putin, but maybe Xi.

Interestingly, both of those are waning autocrats.  Xi, of course, is still the most potent world leader, but his grasp of a personal cult is slipping.  He doesn’t have the same leeway to act unilaterally as Putin has, which means he could benefit from a favorable reset in a relationship with the US.  Putin has nowhere to go;  he can only hold out as long as possible.

I am really happy with one bit of good news. I thought Biden dropping out would bring chaos, with Democrats fighting each other. I'm greatly relieved to be wrong about that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Those are the saddest sympathy chuckles I've ever heard.

8 hours ago, Belize said:

I am really happy with one bit of good news. I thought Biden dropping out would bring chaos, with Democrats fighting each other. I'm greatly relieved to be wrong about that. 

Yeah, I think that's the difference between being part of a political party and not a cult. The right has gotten so loony they'll be waiting for Trump to rise up like Christ after he kicks it.

Watching them act like kooks has made me feel incredibly secure in my atheism though so that's been great.

Edited by Blackrose321
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Harris wins NC, PA, AZ or MI, I am going to assume she gets elected president. Reminds me of election night in 2020. I was a complete nervous mess up till the media called AZ at about 10 or 11 pm. After that I never doubted that Trump was fired. I continued with my life not thinking about politics for a long while. 

Just imagine: not forcing yourself to think about politics and instead focusing on other interests.

I might even like Master-debater if we both enjoyed playing Helldivers 2 or Lethal Company. 

Edited by Belize
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Belize said:

this was my thought the whole time. for a few years, the dems could NOT seem to come together on anything. bickering and angst. 

there is a ray of hope for this country. a small sliver of hope. 

• Like 5

Kamala’s fundraising continues to go through the roof, although arguably this is a lot of cash from disillusioned Biden supporters who held off and are recommitting to a new candidate and an intense amount of energy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jman said:

Kamala’s fundraising continues to go through the roof, although arguably this is a lot of cash from disillusioned Biden supporters who held off and are recommitting to a new candidate and an intense amount of energy.

It's going to be really funny when Trump's near 8 year campaign (come on, he didn't stop campaigning even a little while president) loses to a candidate in the race for 4 months because not a single person on the planet so much as likes Trump.

Edited by naraku360
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

It’s way too early to even think this, but this seemingly has gone shockingly well for democrats. Perhaps election cycles and campaigns are too long?

Brings me to my unpopular opinion....

I wouldn't even suggest that this was a ploy from the beginning because of how a lot of things out of his control  had to line up perfectly, but at least part of Biden's  political calculations was that he had until the convention to go as far as he could go before really knowing whether or not he was going to win.  He could push himself as a candidate for a year and a half, drawing the lunacy of Donald Trump for that entire time, even participate in a presidential debate; by the time the convention rolled around, he would know if he had a chance.  There's a lot of risk in this strategy and it all centers on Trump being the inept and stupid pants shitter he is.   Realistically, I think Biden was really really lucky.

Ultimately, the risky and ill advised gamble payed off handsomely.  Trump even weathered a pathetic assassination attempt before Biden had the opportunity to step aside for Harris, and it all payed off in spades.  The Dems not only sucked the air out of Trump's assassination, they put a wet blanket on his "convention bump" and completely soured his poor choice of a running mate.  Harris has improbably built up momentum before she even sets foot on the convention floor, and somehow reinvigorated a moribund campaign by simply being a vibrant and articulate alternative to Joe Biden.

This isn't saying much, of course.  This is only the start of the campaign and Harris has to really hit the gas before the convention even though she's locked up the delegates she needs.  Which means, to answer your question, we had enough time to do all of this and still come out with momentum and consequently the election cycle has been far too long.  In the amount of time leading up to the Republican convention, Trump has pretty much completely gone through is playbook before knowing who he would actually face.  Having to campaign of that long set him up for this kind of switch, just as it gave time for the Democrats to boost Harris from behind the scenes without anyone else really catching wind of it.

• Like 2