UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

10 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

utah gonna utah

image.png

More smaller elections being won with less connections to Trump.  

20 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Well thats nice

It’s more that he criticized the hell out of Israel in a very Jewish district.  This was almost expected.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jman said:

It’s more that he criticized the hell out of Israel in a very Jewish district.  This was almost expected.

Oh completely. He did everything he could to piss off a huge portion of the voter base in his district. It was impressive really.

Still nice though.

I'm going to go work out and watch...anything else.  

At this point, I don't see how people can still be indecisive, but our basic institutions have been rotted to the core.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Insipid said:

It is quite disappointing to think that this is the third election Trump is part of and we have to hear him debate again. Hope he loses and becomes irrelevant.

I might argue Trump *was* irrelevant from 2021 to this year, despite how many people paid some kind of attention to him.

• Like 2

Dream Scenario for the debate:  Trump won't shut his trap, even though his mic is off.  He gets irritated and tries to go over to Biden's podium (with the live mic) to continue talking.  Biden's Secret Service detail, thinking Trump is about to attack Biden, tackle him.  Trump's detail, seeing their charge being attacked jump Biden's detail.  

Biden just watches and smiles.

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Dream Scenario for the debate:  Trump won't shut his trap, even though his mic is off.  He gets irritated and tries to go over to Biden's podium (with the live mic) to continue talking.  Biden's Secret Service detail, thinking Trump is about to attack Biden, tackle him.  Trump's detail, seeing their charge being attacked jump Biden's detail.  

See, now you are making me kind of want to watch it just for that. 

I'm guessing that Drumpf's huggies would react just like a ketchup packet when you step on it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, katt_goddess said:

See, now you are making me kind of want to watch it just for that. 

I'm guessing that Drumpf's huggies would react just like a ketchup packet when you step on it. 

The question, of course, is how many of Trump's detail in this scenario would throw punches that "accidentally" hit the human cheetos?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, tsar4 said:

Only if Trump pulls out a taser and accidentally tases himself in the melee.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, tsar4 said:

See, at that point I’d wish there was a crowd, just so they could shout “E-C-DUB!”

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ZoomBubba said:

Trump is awful and even though he sounds “less old” than Biden, his sound bites about Roe and the like are going to be useful. 

Biden saying “if elected I’ll restore Roe” while he did practically nothing to restore it the 4 years he’s been president isn’t a great look 

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

Biden saying “if elected I’ll restore Roe” while he did practically nothing to restore it the 4 years he’s been president isn’t a great look 

It was the courts that did it, not the legislature.  

He should have pushed to enshrine federal protections.  That would have sounded better.  But I’m not his age.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jman said:

It was the courts that did it, not the legislature.  

He should have pushed to enshrine federal protections.  That would have sounded better.  But I’m not his age.

Then he should say that instead of making a promise that he can’t do anything about?  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Then he should say that instead of making a promise that he can’t do anything about?  

Well yeah.

I’m annoyed with both of them, but everyone is pointing out Biden seems to be doing better on the back end.  Still a shit show by any normal standard because Obama broke the brains of half the country.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jman said:

Well yeah.

I’m annoyed with both of them, but everyone is pointing out Biden seems to be doing better on the back end.  Still a shit show by any normal standard because Obama broke the brains of half the country.

Biden is doing better now. The amphetamines must have kicked in 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Biden is doing better now. The amphetamines must have kicked in 

It's a shame that the opening three minutes make 90% of the impressions.

SCOTUS is going to blow up a lot of shit tomorrow so that might take over the news cycle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jman said:

Term age limits.

For Congress, the Courts, and the Presidency.  65 max age limit.  After that, retire, teach, etc.

Sixty five isn’t that old. It’s just a year after what’s considered middle age. Plus, every person ages differently, look at Nancy Pelosi who is older than both Biden and Trump. Her strongest years as a politician was after she turned 65.

There wouldn’t be much of an age issue if there were term limits on federal offices like the House and Senate where people hold them for 50 years plus. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raptorpat said:

omfg trump was just absolutely saved by the commercial break with the election denial stuff, Biden got him to just about go off the handle and the commercial was called

People would probably say Biden won the debate if he didn’t look and sound like an 81 year old man. Trump is at his most confident when he gets to lie without pushback and this format seemed to allow it.