UnevenEdge

Sandy Hook parents sue Alex Jones for defamation...

Top Gun

1 minute ago, NewBluntsworth said:

He's only a recent convert to the Democratic party so he's still really enthusiastic about all the team blue news cycle clickbait stuff, his rahrah liberal bullshit should die down soon enough. 

Wut? Please explain.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

What do you mean?  Because there are cranks across the political spectrum that operate outside of what you would call mainstream positions. Alex Jones is one of those cranks.

Currently the grand bulk of cranks are pure conservaturd and they are the ones on the air, on the net, on the radio pushing things like Qanon trash, Big Lie shit and anything they can use to convince poor people that their only hope is giving money to so-called billionaires to continue to billionaire. 

If you want so called 'liberal' cranks, you get to hear about Sasquatch and Ancient Aliens. Neither of which seem to want your money. Well, maybe Dr. Squatch but his soaps smell awesome. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Currently the grand bulk of cranks are pure conservaturd and they are the ones on the air, on the net, on the radio pushing things like Qanon trash, Big Lie shit and anything they can use to convince poor people that their only hope is giving money to so-called billionaires to continue to billionaire. 

If you want so called 'liberal' cranks, you get to hear about Sasquatch and Ancient Aliens. Neither of which seem to want your money. Well, maybe Dr. Squatch but his soaps smell awesome. 

There are plenty of liberal cranks who think that Bush stole 2000, Bush caused 9/11, and the ultimate crank of Bushed caused Katrina because he hates black people. More recently, the "pee tape" cranks still exist as well. Plus other anti-Trump crank stuff that really doesnt need to happen considering all the real crap he gave us.

The MAGA and Q crankery is just the most vocal and most recent, but there are plenty of examples of cranks to go around. Not trying to excuse any of it, because its all insane. Just pointing out that when you step back for a second and really look at things youll see theres a ton of crankery to go around.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

There are plenty of liberal cranks who think that Bush stole 2000, Bush caused 9/11, and the ultimate crank of Bushed caused Katrina because he hates black people. More recently, the "pee tape" cranks still exist as well. Plus other anti-Trump crank stuff that really doesnt need to happen considering all the real crap he gave us.

The MAGA and Q crankery is just the most vocal and most recent, but there are plenty of examples of cranks to go around. Not trying to excuse any of it, because its all insane. Just pointing out that when you step back for a second and really look at things youll see theres a ton of crankery to go around.

For myself, there will always be an asterisk by the 2000 election on the grounds that Florida is a dick state, butterfly ballots should be outlawed, and I never did find out if the hanging chads favored one over the other unfairly. It also didn't help that there was a lot of political inbreeding in Florida at the time that did clearly favor baby brother Bush. If Al Gore had challenged things even half as much as Trump did, you know republicans would still be bitching about it. And I totally do believe that Trump peed the bed in Russia - not because of conspiracy but because he's incontinent. :D The rest is pure shit and I can't even name who specifically was the biggest pusher of any of those things. But I can list Rush Limbaugh as equating birth control with slut pills, Tim Pool with anti-Semitic 'Jews control things' videos, Alex Jones with all school/mass shootings are full of crisis actors, and pretty much every idiot in Congress right now with a Qanon covfefe cup with large chunks of sentient mouth diarrhea covering all those things and then some. And that's not even touching the levels of stupid tweeted and repeated by the country's most recent addition to the practice of the mortuary sciences. -.-; And they all get repeated ad nauseum by people who can't afford to believe any of that. 

Is it a conspiracy theory that Rush Limbaugh managed to get out of being drafted because he was so overweight he had a leaking butt cyst near his tailbone? I will cop to reading that one. It was by Al Franken. I never did look it up to see if it was true. It's just something weirdly funny to remember. And never caused a mob to try to overrun a place. 

I miss the fun insane shit.  

• Like 2
  • D'oh 1

2 hours ago, Sawdy said:

Wut? Please explain.

So, I catch shit for evolving my political opinion over the years? Yeesh…. Why is anyone talking about this shit then?

I suppose I’ll just keep listening to the people that are impacted by the biased bullshit in politics and continue to support my local folks that can help support our communities… you know, the voting that actually matter for the ones I love and the ones I know need representation from a crypto white champ.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Sawdy said:

So, I catch shit for evolving my political opinion over the years? Yeesh…. Why is anyone talking about this shit then?

I suppose I’ll just keep listening to the people that are impacted by the biased bullshit in politics and continue to support my local folks that can help support our communities… you know, the voting that actually matter for the ones I love and the ones I know need representation from a crypto white champ.

If your political opinion doesn't evolve, it means you've learned nothing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

Wait, did OJ say something about them too....I'm asking because we're not comparing this to murder, are we.....

No snark intended, I'm actually confused and asking.

No, not as far as I know. I was just referring to OJ having barely paid what the court order he pay, even 25 years later.

• Like 1

This sounds like a not so classic case of people pandering to their opponents. If there were an end game strategy, i’d have guessed it would be to show submission to a greater number of people with the goal of crucifying our own on the grounds of some godless psychology no one had the time to turn around and look at.

Edited by PoopyBritches

On 8/4/2022 at 7:04 PM, Master-Debater131 said:

well...bush didn't 'steal' 2000....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jman said:

That’s a lot, but Jones has openly bragged about hiding the cash.

That seems like a lot, but before anyone gets excited we have to see if thats what it actually winds up being. A lot of states have limits on the amount of damages you can receive in suits like this. This happened in the Johnny Depp-Amber Herd trial. There was a limit to the amount she is actually liable for.

Hes going to have to pay a lot, but it might not be that full amount.

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

That seems like a lot, but before anyone gets excited we have to see if thats what it actually winds up being. A lot of states have limits on the amount of damages you can receive in suits like this. This happened in the Johnny Depp-Amber Herd trial. There was a limit to the amount she is actually liable for.

Hes going to have to pay a lot, but it might not be that full amount.

It's also only one of a few upcoming judgements.  I don't think the money is as big a deal as his future prospects at a livelihood.  The parents don't want the money, they want him destroyed as a media personality.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

It's also only one of a few upcoming judgements.  I don't think the money is as big a deal as his future prospects at a livelihood.  The parents don't want the money, they want him destroyed as a media personality.

I mean, good luck I guess.  Dude never had any legitimacy and yet he still pulled in millions.  These decisions probably wont change that.  They may change just how crazy he is with some topics, but he isnt going away.  Theres a ton of demand out there for stupid.

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I mean, good luck I guess.  Dude never had any legitimacy and yet he still pulled in millions.  These decisions probably wont change that.  They may change just how crazy he is with some topics, but he isnt going away.  Theres a ton of demand out there for stupid.

If he has +$100m in judgments hanging over his head, he’s not going to be able to monetize much no matter how much stupid he brings to the bad little boys and girls with no sense of money.

5 hours ago, Sieg67 said:

Jones is now claiming he's broke and is begging his viewers to buy his garbage.

The question is if he's actually broke or if he's lying and is taking advantage of the ruling.

*points at...everything Alex Jones is about* 

I think we know the answer to this one.

I wonder if laws like this result from the successful frivolous lawsuit claims McDonald’s made against people seeking damages, specifically the incident where an elderly women almost died when coffee as hot as the surface of the sun, dropped in her lap.  McDonald’s paid actors and everything to protest “frivolous lawsuits” and tried to pin the burn suit as frivolous, even going as far as to spread falsehoods about how the accident happened. 

https://www.fdslaw.com/law-topics/stella-liebeck-mcdonalds-lawsuit/?amp