UnevenEdge

How do you feel right now?

Skiles

8 minutes ago, Skiles said:

I'm chillin. I'm actually at the bar right now, because I make really good decisions. 

i wish i was at the bar right now. but i'm on hold with my ATM vendor. apparently there was a weather event in texas or something, and it's causing service issues all over the place. good times.

1 minute ago, resurrected said:

Honestly, and I feel like I can say this here, I feel like going postal. 

Like putting a stamp on my ass and mailing myself as far away as the mail can travel.

(Googles how much it would cost to mail a 300 pound package to Antarctica).

it's gonna be pricey. mf's wanted to charge me $50 to mail six bottles of beer cleaning solution to california.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wacky1980 said:

it's gonna be pricey. mf's wanted to charge me $50 to mail six bottles of beer cleaning solution to california.

Shit. I just read in our local newspaper where our tax office is finally going to accept debit cards. Before, only cash or check. But with the acceptance of debit cards, comes a 2.75% charge. Or a minimum of $2. The examples in the paper were for a $20 tag, the charge would be $2. If you pay a thousand dollar property tax, the charge is $27.50 just to pay by debit card. Yeah. Pretty sure people will just bring the cash in for that. 

• Like 1

Just now, Poof said:

I'm "on" it a lot but just binging netflix like crazy i barely been playing any games

Disco is binging the shit out of some Criminal Minds on Netflix. I can't remember the last time I watched anything on Netflix. A few years ago. We just got Disney+ and I haven't even turned it on. I can't commit to shows. 

1 minute ago, resurrected said:

Shit. I just read in our local newspaper where our tax office is finally going to accept debit cards. Before, only cash or check. But with the acceptance of debit cards, comes a 2.75% charge. Or a minimum of $2. The examples in the paper were for a $20 tag, the charge would be $2. If you pay a thousand dollar property tax, the charge is $27.50 just to pay by debit card. Yeah. Pretty sure people will just bring the cash in for that. 

for that high a fee, you can withdraw it at an in-network atm and use the savings on lube for when they ram that larger tax bill up your ass next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wacky1980 said:

for that high a fee, you can withdraw it at an in-network atm and use the savings on lube for when they ram that larger tax bill up your ass next year.

My bank sits next door to the courthouse. I can just withdraw my money at the bank's ATM for free. And the commissioner's took one of my ideas about putting an ATM machine in the courthouse, and that bitch is cheaper than paying the tax office's fee. The ATM machine sits right out front of the tax office too. Good fucking grief. 

3 minutes ago, resurrected said:

My bank sits next door to the courthouse. I can just withdraw my money at the bank's ATM for free. And the commissioner's took one of my ideas about putting an ATM machine in the courthouse, and that bitch is cheaper than paying the tax office's fee. The ATM machine sits right out front of the tax office too. Good fucking grief. 

they're probably getting a cut off the fees from that ATM, so it's actually not a horrible idea on their part. either they get the percentage on the direct payment, or they're getting a flat per-tx fee for people who try to save a couple bucks by using the ATM instead. and since the ATM is right there, people are more likely to use it and pay the $3 fee than leave the courthouse and find their own in-network ATM. the walmart approach is kinda genius in a "fuck everyone else" way.