UnevenEdge

Adult Swim-Con: Toonami Edition and Secret Anime Short Discussion!!

30 minutes ago, HardcoreHunter said:

Probably going to be what Toonami did the last time they had a big secret for us. Ditched us with Miguzi and phased out to being just one night a week until it died. 

hqdefault.jpg

Nah, I can't see that happening this time. They're ALREADY down to just one night a week!

I am slightly discouraged that it seems to just be ONE new show announcement, plus sneak peeks at Uzumaki and Blade Runner: Black Lotus, as well as of course the short.

I can't help but notice the fact that we NEED TWO show announcements, but I guess Mob Psycho 100's replacement waits until next week. Hopefully this means we get either Mob Psycho 100 Season 2 on August 9th or we get the Reigen OVA special on August 9th (which would also give Black Clover a much-needed break) followed by Season 2 on August 16th.

Hopefully whatever Paranoia Agent's replacement is, it will be a good show. And damn right I'm looking forward to Toonami's new originals!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

The big announcement is that DeMarco is being replaced with Dan Abrams and Toonami will be  reformatted into Dan Abrams, Sticks and Tom Morrison watching GitS and pointing out what is and isn't actual police procedure.

Ratings will triple and Toonami will be able to have original content and series from this century.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

The big announcement is that DeMarco is being replaced with Dan Abrams and Toonami will be  reformatted into Dan Abrams, Sticks and Tom Morrison watching GitS and pointing out what is and isn't actual police procedure.

Ratings will triple and Toonami will be able to have original content and series from this century.

I'm guessing that was a Live PD reference? If so, you suck!

2 hours ago, Ginguy said:

I would find that programming interesting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I am slightly discouraged that it seems to just be ONE new show announcement, plus sneak peeks at Uzumaki and Blade Runner: Black Lotus, as well as of course the short.

I can't help but notice the fact that we NEED TWO show announcements, but I guess Mob Psycho 100's replacement waits until next week. Hopefully this means we get either Mob Psycho 100 Season 2 on August 9th or we get the Reigen OVA special on August 9th (which would also give Black Clover a much-needed break) followed by Season 2 on August 16th.

Hopefully whatever Paranoia Agent's replacement is, it will be a good show. And damn right I'm looking forward to Toonami's new originals!

We can certainly hope the "anime more" part of his statement meant promos for things airing in August because I find it pretty unlikely that the announcement he's speaking of isn't another co-production with Crunchyroll. I really don't want to believe they aren't showing a promo for whatever replaces Paranoia Agent because that would just be terribly annoying.

• Like 1

So guys I'm a vacation spot with some hook-ups and the internet's spotty all day. I been trying to load the Pre-Flight episode tonight for a half-hour with no success. I keep having to shut off and on the connection to reboot it. If I suddenly stop commenting during the block, that's why.

So, in the grand tradition of Western influenced anime being sort of lame knockoffs of original stuff, we got...more generic One Piece.  Or Samurai Gun II -

When it comes to disappointing, DeMarco never disappoints.

Edited by Jman

Just now, elfie said:

K I am definitely gonna have to rewatch this just ot keep up with the subs. Talking a mile a minute here.

The upside is that it appears to have this Maasaki Yuasa style.

I was gonna say, it really reminds me of Yuasa style mixed with a little something else

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elfie said:

OH MY GOD I WAS JOKING!!!

WE WERE JOKING!!!

RICK AND MORTY AGAIN!?!?

It sucks that adultswim is popular mainly because of rick and morty....nothing else these days

so many people know rick and morty but they couldn't even name anything else from adultswim

• D'oh 1

Just now, CorbeauKarasu said:

Japnese rick is so much nicer than american rick...

I feel like the people making these shorts don't get that Rick is a horrible person...who tortures his family just to amuse himself...much like the show's regular fanbase

• Like 1