UnevenEdge

Adult Swim-Con: Toonami Edition and Secret Anime Short Discussion!!

13 minutes ago, mochi said:

I feel like the people making these shorts don't get that Rick is a horrible person...who tortures his family just to amuse himself...much like the show's regular fanbase

Remember that Heist episode where the heist computer he built went on to destroy an entire world?

Rick is worse than Hitler at this point.

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

It sucks that adultswim is popular mainly because of rick and morty....nothing else these days

so many people know rick and morty but they couldn't even name anything else from adultswim

I know people that don't even watch Rick & Morty from TV and don't even know Adult Swim makes it lol.

• Confused 1

I'm running behind because I had to get food, take care of some things around here.  Then I re-watched the first 2 War of Underworld Part 2 episodes, since I was lacking sleep and sick when I first watched them, and I just watched the new one.  I'm should be able to catch up during Mob again.  Didn't get a chance to re-watch the last 3 Black Clover eps though.  I'll have to do that later.

So was a new show announced at all?  So far all I have seen is more about the Blade Runner anime and Uzumaki.  They're both coming in 2021.  Which is nice, but it doesn't help us now.  Oh, and Blade Runner is a co-production with Crunchyroll now.  DUN DUN DUN.

I wonder if this Blade Runner anime will actually be good.  I used to remember hearing Blade Runner was inspired by anime, or even based on one or an adaptation of one.  I need to watch the original movie again.  It's been ages.  I've also heard the decades after the fact sequel is actually good?  Is that actually true?  The recent Mad Max movie was good.  I liked it better than the old ones.  So I guess it's technically possible.  We'll see, I suppose.

I didn't watch Rick and Morty short because I hate Rick and Morty.  It's annoying and abnoxious and tryhard and thinks its clever when it's not.  And Rick is an annoying asshole.

But I'll check out the other convention stuff more later.

Edited by ben0119

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

I'm running behind because I had to get food, take care of some things around here.  Then I re-watched the first 2 War of Underworld Part 2 episodes, since I was lacking sleep and sick when I first watched them, and I just watched the new one.  I'm should be able to catch up during Mob again.  Didn't get a chance to re-watch the last 3 Black Clover eps though.  I'll have to do that later.

So was a new show announced at all?  So far all I have seen is more about the Blade Runner anime and Uzumaki.  They're both coming in 2021.  Which is nice, but it doesn't help us now.  Oh, and Blade Runner is a co-production with Crunchyroll now.  DUN DUN DUN.

I wonder if this Blade Runner anime will actually be good.  I used to remember hearing Blade Runner was inspired by anime, or even based on one or an adaptation of one.  I need to watch the original movie again.  It's been ages.  I've also heard the decades after the fact sequel is actually good?  Is that actually true?  The recent Mad Max movie was good.  I liked it better than the old ones.  So I guess it's technically possible.  We'll see, I suppose.

I didn't watch Rick and Morty short because I hate Rick and Morty.  It's annoying and abnoxious and tryhard and thinks its clever when it's not.  And Rick is an annoying asshole.

But I'll check out the other convention stuff more later.

nope...the only new show announced tonight we didn't know about was Fena Pirate Princess which just like blade runner and uzumaki is set for 2021

7 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I Wonder if they are just gonna use up every rerun they have available to them until then

I'm curious what older shows they still have available.

I feel like they might still get Fire Force for the fall season since it's dub is in progress.

Edited by DangerMouse

5 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I'm curious what older shows they still have available.

I feel like they might still get Fire Force for the fall season since it's dub is in progress.

i wonder that too....there's only so many shows they can rerun before they exhaust all options so airing just reruns until 2021 isn't a viable strategy

Fire Force S2 could still be on the block this year but with how long it's taking funimation just to dub the third episode I'm not sure how likely that is

Edited by CountFrylock

4 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

That's great, but what about next week?

Demarco and co. supposedly aren't sitting around while everything is going to shit.  New shows are coming, supposedly.  He didn't say when.  And since they haven't announced anything, I'm not expecting anything new next week.  Old shows are returning.  No surprise there.

I don't see why they don't get any "new to Toonami" shows from the past few months or years that that they never picked up.  Shows that have long since been dubbed.  And it's not like everybody watches every anime as it comes out.  Unless they are saving their money for NEW new shows.

the rest of Jojo's Bizarre adventure golden wind can't return to toonami soon enough....

demarco should understand that when this night was hyped up with show announcements that people would be irritated  since the only new show announcement was set for 2021 and every other show discussed would also be set for 2021

they still have to get through the rest of 2020 they can't just give up now and fill out the rest of the year with reruns

they'd run out of shows to air eventually

they don't have many options to rerun

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

I'm still perplexed at this....because being secretive about PA's replacement makes no sense no matter how you think about it

Maybe they're hoping to replace it with JoJo but they don't have the tapes yet.

Or maybe they have to delay or so by doubling up Super or something.

Those are at least two possibilities but neither inspire confidence.

So at this point I'm leaning toward "they got nothing" and everything from 1AM-3:30 will just shift up. When Clover runs out of dub episodes or Ballmastrz ends (in 3 more weeks) then JoJo comes back.

I look forward to Fena, Uzumaki and Blade Runner: Black Lotus but there is nothing to be excited about right now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Maybe they're hoping to replace it with JoJo but they don't have the tapes yet.

Or maybe they have to delay or so by doubling up Super or something.

Those are at least two possibilities but neither inspire confidence.

So at this point I'm leaning toward "they got nothing" and everything from 1AM-3:30 will just shift up. When Clover runs out of dub episodes or Ballmastrz ends (in 3 more weeks) then JoJo comes back.

I look forward to Fena, Uzumaki and Blade Runner: Black Lotus but there is nothing to be excited about right now.

I wanna be excited for the block but like you said currently there's nothing to be hyped about....

I Wanna believe demarco when he says they still have some surprises and shows(new and old)left to reveal this year

but after the underwhelming toonami portion of adult swim con....I'm not gonna take his words as anything but fancy damage control

Edited by CountFrylock
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Daos said:

I thought you said FUTA Pirate Princess. Would watch.

Ditto, but only if it's a fuck OVA and not a garden variety hentai.

Everything they shared was neat and all, but seriously, what the fuck's replacing Paranoia Agent and Mob in the next two weeks? You can't keep holding out on us forever, Demarco.

• Like 2

Well, as much as I loved the special stuff and trailers, I've got to admit that the lack of any information for the immediate future is disheartening.

I hate to have to go into "if I were them" mode, but if I were them, I'd move Black Clover up to 12:30 and slot the returning JoJo at 1:30--IF it's even coming back.

The future beyond the pandemic is bright for Toonami, but we have to get through this pandemic first, and that immediate future is anything BUT.

• Like 2

That is a very good question, but it is specifically highlighted by the problem that DeMarco ain’t got no damn money.

It’s telling everything announced tonight is a Crunchyroll co-production of sorts.  If something happens to Toonami, Crunchyroll can pick up the ball fairly easily.

Edited by Jman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

Ditto, but only if it's a fuck OVA and not a garden variety hentai.

Everything they shared was neat and all, but seriously, what the fuck's replacing Paranoia Agent and Mob in the next two weeks? You can't keep holding out on us forever, Demarco.

Demarco: 

200.gif

latest?cb=20090810000904

(Perhaps the situation is worse than as first thought) 

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Well, as much as I loved the special stuff and trailers, I've got to admit that the lack of any information for the immediate future is disheartening.

I too really enjoyed mostly every special segment and interview last night, but yeah we don’t even know what’s replacing Paranoia Agent next weekend. 

I am assuming we’ll will find out through a Toonami Facebook announcement sometime in the middle of the coming week?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

I hate to have to go into "if I were them" mode, but if I were them, I'd move Black Clover up to 12:30 and slot the returning JoJo at 1:30--IF it's even coming back.

The future beyond the pandemic is bright for Toonami, but we have to get through this pandemic first, and that immediate future is anything BUT.

since black clover only has 2 more dubbed episodes left  moving it's time slot up wouldn't make much sense

i really wish they had given us any kind of announcement on what's replacing paranoia agent and mob psycho

because the more i think about this  the more i wonder if the plan really is just to rely on reruns until 2021

they can't honestly expect people to tune in simply out of some misguided sense of loyalty

there has to be something that makes the fans want to watch toonami

otherwise it's just a bunch of people staying up late for shows they've already seen before

and i don't know how many people will be willing to lose sleep just for a bunch of reruns