UnevenEdge

Fun idea- let's do a warring states era.

SwimModSponges

If the conquering state(s) absorb all the conquered state's debt, being conquered would be a win for Illinois.

Edit: Illinois House immediately passes "Invading Army Tax", "Battle Tax", "Land Loss Tax"...

Edited by tsar4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Indigenous people?

what

...Yes.....That's what we're talking about, I thought.

Look, nevermind....I hate I started with my snark in the first post.....I actually like your idea and was hoping to get to that.

I mean, once I hear about this, I moving 15 miles south.  Texas got this shit in the bag.

I can see Wisconsin taking the UP of Michigan, but I'm betting they come right back and squeeze us between Minnesota. 

Illinois would hammer us  from the south pretty heavy but  I think they're mainly going to be watching out for Ohio to come on in. 

5 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

I can see Wisconsin taking the UP of Michigan, but I'm betting they come right back and squeeze us between Minnesota. 

Illinois would hammer us  from the south pretty heavy but  I think they're mainly going to be watching out for Ohio to come on in. 

Iv'e never heard of any of those places.

All I know is TX.

But seriously.....With a war divided America going on...Do you think Canada would finally make their move.....Like this is all they have been quietly waiting for.

Edited by cyberbully

2 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

That would mean that they occurred naturally or are native to the area.  DNA testing shows they just got there first and came from Asia.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/ancient-dna-reveals-complex-story-human-migration-between-siberia-and-north-america-180972356/

So what you are saying is no one but Africans are indigenous people.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

That would mean that they occurred naturally or are native to the area.  DNA testing shows they just got there first and came from Asia.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/ancient-dna-reveals-complex-story-human-migration-between-siberia-and-north-america-180972356/

That's why currently its best practice to say "first nations".

2 minutes ago, stilgar said:

So what you are saying is no one but Africans are indigenous people.

In return, I'll ask how many generations does it take to make some descendant "native"?  When my folks moved to FL to take care of my Grandfather, the White locals had "Native" bumper stickers on their cars.  

7 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

In return, I'll ask how many generations does it take to make some descendant "native"?  When my folks moved to FL to take care of my Grandfather, the White locals had "Native" bumper stickers on their cars.  

Whites are Europeans and are never native.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

... wut?

I think that one of the articles I read on this stuff stated that it was possible that those that migrated here encountered more primitive humans, possibly interbreeding.

1 minute ago, stilgar said:

That is not what a scientific theory is.

Well, a theory is believed to be correct, but it is still not proven.  If it was, why would scientist still be testing Einstein's theories?

1 minute ago, stilgar said:

You really are packard.

Theory - a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena

5 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

Like they had in japan and china back in the day.

Take all the states and let them start invading eachother. When one state takes over it annexes the losing state into itself.

Keep on going until theres only one.

It would be very excited. 

we did it call the American Civil War I don't want us to redo that now when we are nuclear-armed other country will get involved moron

Edited by ghostrek

5 hours ago, scoobdog said:

We have mountains to the north and desert to the south, so I think we got the natural defenses thing locked up.

And mountains to the east and west too! :)  Plus we make all the war machines here.  No way are the Mormons conquering us, except maybe by financial infiltration, out-breeding, and allying with the Scientologists.  But once war broke out, they'd be shipped back to Utah, which they're welcome to (the Hubbardites we'd just push into the sea and let their Sea Org pick them up).  New York, Ohio, Missouri, Illinois and Nebraska were all able to kick them out, so I don't think we'd have any trouble.

I dunno, Texas keeps yammering on about being the Lone Star state, but California not only has one star, it says right on our flag it's a Republic. So every time some doofus pipes up with, "The US isn't a democracy, it's a republic!" I'm all, "so that means we can leave, right?"

1200px-Flag_of_California_svg.thumb.png.512f6df41131d1d13e532fda936bb24f.png

• Haha 1

What the fuck is going on in this thread?

For the record, humans are migratory creatures:  they adapt and can move to a range in a way that is not normal to any other species.  However, they can belong to certain place, as the first nations people have, by adapting to their surroundings:  containing disruptions to ecological systems within their immediate footprint and not using resources in a way that can cause harm to any of the native flora and fauna beyond which they can also adapt.

6 hours ago, cyberbully said:

Like America, Pre- European invasion?

Actually I have no idea what Natives called this area....Something tells me no one even asked.

collectively in what is now known as the u.s. there were 5 nations. 

and so...i think the first nations people is the preferred term. 

and they, the first nations, referred to the land primarily as 'mother'

39 minutes ago, Gina Szanboti said:

And mountains to the east and west too! :)  Plus we make all the war machines here.  No way are the Mormons conquering us, except maybe by financial infiltration, out-breeding, and allying with the Scientologists.  But once war broke out, they'd be shipped back to Utah, which they're welcome to (the Hubbardites we'd just push into the sea and let their Sea Org pick them up).  New York, Ohio, Missouri, Illinois and Nebraska were all able to kick them out, so I don't think we'd have any trouble.

I dunno, Texas keeps yammering on about being the Lone Star state, but California not only has one star, it says right on our flag it's a Republic. So every time some doofus pipes up with, "The US isn't a democracy, it's a republic!" I'm all, "so that means we can leave, right?"

1200px-Flag_of_California_svg.thumb.png.512f6df41131d1d13e532fda936bb24f.png

All you gotta worry about is Caesar and his Legion at Hoover Dam. 

• Like 1

it's all very simple

white people are European Americans

black people are African Americans

the people whose ancestors were here for thousands of years are Americans

and Ohio wins everything in the warring states but keeps michigan around to play sports with

7 minutes ago, Poof said:

it's all very simple

white people are European Americans

black people are African Americans

the people whose ancestors were here for thousands of years are Americans

and Ohio wins everything in the warring states but keeps michigan around to play sports with

That would be the first time Ohio wins anything.