UnevenEdge

Jojo Golden Wind premieres October 26th! (Bye bye Boruto?!)

3ngag3

On 10/4/2019 at 3:19 PM, Daos said:

Did anyone actually think Boruto deserved to exist? 

If so make your case.

He deserves to exist as the child between Naruto and Sasuke(it's a fantasy world with ninjas so it can happen) with a completely different personality.

Edited by SorceressPol
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

You were expecting Jonathan as Giorno, but it was I, Fungami!

Disappointed that Todd isn't Bucciarati like I was hoping, but Ray Chase is fine too.

I don't think we'll be hearing "Todd as _____" anymore period.  Once he gets done dubbing Natsu, that's it for him.

• D'oh 2

8 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I don't think we'll be hearing "Todd as _____" anymore period.  Once he gets done dubbing Natsu, that's it for him.

... what makes you think that? He has made no sign that he's done voice-acting. He had a bit role in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and still recurs as a regular host for Watchmojo. He's definitely doing a lot more directing and producing, but he'll always get behind the mic at the opportunity.

25 minutes ago, elfie said:

... what makes you think that? He has made no sign that he's done voice-acting. He had a bit role in Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and still recurs as a regular host for Watchmojo. He's definitely doing a lot more directing and producing, but he'll always get behind the mic at the opportunity.

Bit role in a videogame, and doing Watchmojo videos...  Yeah, he's sure getting a lot of voice work now.  After his original stupidity of outing himself, it looks like Todd is now being smart and laying low.  But I can see he is being used sparingly, if at all, and I don't expect this to change anytime soon.  He's damaged goods now, in any case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elfie said:

I'm pretty sure Todd is in the currently being released dub of To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Bit role in a videogame, and doing Watchmojo videos...  Yeah, he's sure getting a lot of voice work now.  After his original stupidity of outing himself, it looks like Todd is now being smart and laying low.  But I can see he is being used sparingly, if at all, and I don't expect this to change anytime soon.  He's damaged goods now, in any case.

Someone's in a bad mood.

"... Damaged goods"?! Where the fuck are you getting all of this?

Edited by elfie

15 hours ago, elfie said:

Someone's in a bad mood.

"... Damaged goods"?! Where the fuck are you getting all of this?

Do you have amnesia or something?  Todd was accused of rape.  He wasn't even named by his accuser, but he stupidly outed himself anyway when they posted their account of the incident.  I'd say the only benefit of the doubt we could give for Todd, is the girl was so drunk she didn't remember what happened correctly, or Todd was so drunk he didn't notice he was fucking an unconscious girl.

But, from what I recall, he only had one or two more girls accuse him of getting them drunk to take to his room and take advantage of them, but not actual rape.  And like I said, Todd had the sense to lay low after this initial outburst, and nothing else seems to have blown up since then... so maybe Todd will survive this controversy after all.

Edited by ben0119

On 10/5/2019 at 1:23 AM, Sketch said:

I'm pretty sure Todd is in the currently being released dub of To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts

18 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Plus he's Kiryu in Netflix's dub for Kengan Ashura. Definitely better than Vic doing absolutely nothing after Rohan.

So Todd is still in a few things after all.  But not nearly as prolific as he once was.  So not completely blacklisted.  But I have a feeling we'll be seeing less and less of him going forward, even if he doesn't get completely ruined (assuming nothing else comes out about him.)

11 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Do you have amnesia or something?  Todd was accused of rape.  He wasn't even named by his accuser, but he stupidly outed himself anyway when they posted their account of the incident.  I'd say the only benefit of the doubt we could give for Todd, is the girl was so drunk she didn't remember what happened correctly, or Todd was so drunk he didn't notice he was fucking an unconscious girl.

But, from what I recall, he only had one or two more girls accuse him of getting them drunk to take to his room and take advantage of them, but not actual rape.  And like I said, Todd had the sense to lay low after this initial outburst, and nothing else seems to have blown up since then... so maybe Todd will survive this controversy after all.

And did anything come from that??? No! I haven't heard of any reprecussions coming from all this for months and he's still getting work!!  He will NOT be affected by this!

18 minutes ago, rpgamer said:

Shame I've kinda already seen most of GW on PlutoTV. But, it seems like it's a damn sight better than the last one, at least in terms of story. Still, hopefully this is the end of the Jojo nonsense?

>still hates Part 4

You are a disgrace to anime fans everywhere.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

I have a feeling you don't like slice-of-life stories, and/or the first three parts spoiled you a little too hard.

Very probably, on both. Perhaps it's a combination. After the first three parts, they'd kinda set up an expectation for the franchise. I happened to not enjoy the deviation.

elfie: No fuckin shit that's how it was written. Apply some reading comprehension, and you will understand my gripe with the show is that I did not enjoy how that arc was written. I'll try to be less subtle about it for your benefit next time.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:58 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

Y'all are a bunch of butt-munches!!!

JoJo isn't saving ANYTHING at 2:30 AM. It's just slightly more relevant than Gundam The Origin at 3 AM.

Hell, that actually ended up quite relevant at 3 AM? But the shows that are "saving" Toonami? OPM and maybe DBS reruns, sorry to say...

At Some Point The DBS Reruns should start to dip when people realize there's nothing new coming anymore.....if the reruns still get fabulous ratings for months on end then it paints a poor picture of the toonami community that if it isn't dragon ball we won't consume it

Edited by CountFrylock

On 10/6/2019 at 12:39 PM, elfie said:

And did anything come from that??? No! I haven't heard of any repercussions coming from all this for months and he's still getting work!!  He will NOT be affected by this!

I'd say something did come from it given Todd is barely in anything anymore, he deleted his original response to the accuser, and then laid low as possible and kept his mouth shut.  There's nothing saying it can't blow up further at some point in the future, either.  Though the likelihood of accusers getting mass-harassed by misogynist assholes may deter that.  It's hard to say for sure.  Either way, Todd is fading fast.

I nominate Derick Snow as replacement Todd.  He sounds very similar to Todd and I wouldn't have been surprised if Todd would have played Shinra if Todd didn't have that scandal crop up.

Well, the JoJo Diamond is Unbreakable story had definite direction, as it was leading up to taking out the guitar guy.  But after he was beaten, it wasn't certain where the story was going to go.  But, as it progressed, and after the fact, you could see the method to the madness, with it all leading to Kira.

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I'd say something did come from it given Todd is barely in anything anymore, he deleted his original response to the accuser, and then laid low as possible and kept his mouth shut.  There's nothing saying it can't blow up further at some point in the future, either.  Though the likelihood of accusers getting mass-harassed by misogynist assholes may deter that.  It's hard to say for sure.  Either way, Todd is fading fast.

I nominate Derick Snow as replacement Todd.  He sounds very similar to Todd and I wouldn't have been surprised if Todd would have played Shinra if Todd didn't have that scandal crop up.

He's been in Fire Emblem Three Houses, the latest Ben 10 series, Marvel Alliance: The Black Order, the Kengan Ashura TV series, and Miraculous Ladybug.  His IMDB lists 4 acting roles in development. His twitter account is also up and active.  I wouldn't at all call that laying low.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elfie said:

He's been in Fire Emblem Three Houses, the latest Ben 10 series, Marvel Alliance: The Black Order, the Kengan Ashura TV series, and Miraculous Ladybug.  His IMDB lists 4 acting roles in development. His twitter account is also up and active.  I wouldn't at all call that laying low.

And what is his prominence of roles in those titles you just listed?  I thought you said they were bit parts?  So a few bit parts here and there, doesn't sound nearly as prolific as he once was.  By laying low I mean not saying anything further about the accusations.  He shut his ass up and just kept his Twitter to generic stuff talking about the [little] amount of things he was voicing in.  I mean, playing in stuff like that Ladybug show is the equivalent of a once prominent actor finding themselves on a Hallmark original movie.  Yes, they're technically "getting work," but eehhh...

29 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

And what is his prominence of roles in those titles you just listed?  I thought you said they were bit parts?  So a few bit parts here and there, doesn't sound nearly as prolific as he once was.  By laying low I mean not saying anything further about the accusations.  He shut his ass up and just kept his Twitter to generic stuff talking about the [little] amount of things he was voicing in.  I mean, playing in stuff like that Ladybug show is the equivalent of a once prominent actor finding themselves on a Hallmark original movie.  Yes, they're technically "getting work," but eehhh...

I dunno. I don't follow most of them. Do you know how damn hard it is to break into the industry with the amount of roles Todd has had??  Remember in 2008-2012 when the anime dub industry was apparently dying but it rebounded soon after that? Tons of actors said their are periods where they have like 4 roles each week, and other times where no work comes at all. You can't judge the success of a person's career off of one single moment of their life!  He also runs his own studio, his own company, he produces, does camera-work, directs, and travels all over the world.

Just because YOU don't see him in anime as much as you expect him to, doesn't mean he's fading away. Ex, I hate Ladybug, but it's a Western-produced, unionized dub that pays very well, with benefits, and many children love it. It's a major show run by a huge conglomorate with Toei backing it. What I say has no affect on the success of any show!! At all.

Didn't say any of them were bit parts! Where ever the fuck in that post did i even say that!?!

Fuckin be GRATEFUL Todd has had even 10% of the work he got all these years. I work in a professional company after getting laid the hell off a homegrown animation studio because they couldn't manage it during the great recession. Maintaining work is HAARD. I did skim through Todd's long post about the allegations, and it doesn't sound like he was a very active person in that story. The point is, he posted it, he took it down, and now his career isn't affect by it. So he's not getting work from Funimation as much anymore. So the hell what!??  He's in LA! Communicating with him from Texas is hard, especially when recording on something! So he's not acting as much anymore! So what??! Acting dubs pay you PEANUTS! Commercial work for radio ads pay you more than an entire season of an anime dub! Don't go assuming a post affected his entire career because you DON'T KNOW the details of what ramifications there were!

Edited by elfie

If I remember right, the woman's post said they'd both been drinking that night. There's probably just not enough proof going either way for the companies to break his contracts and recast.

1 hour ago, elfie said:

He's in LA! Communicating with him from Texas is hard, especially when recording on something!

Okay but it's really not anymore though. These days actors can essentially telecommute a performance from the other side of the country without much issue. Like, FUNi and Viz aren't sharing custody of Matt Mercer and constantly shipping him back and forth between studios so he can do both Attack on Titan and Jojo. Laura Baily didn't have to drop her Disney work and move her family back to Texas so she could be in Fruits Baskets again. Patrick Seitz is some kind of elder god who can just be summoned at will to any recording booth with a sufficient goat sacrifice, and thus mortal concepts like distance mean nothing to him.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, elfie said:

I dunno. I don't follow most of them. Do you know how damn hard it is to break into the industry with the amount of roles Todd has had??  Remember in 2008-2012 when the anime dub industry was apparently dying but it rebounded soon after that? Tons of actors said their are periods where they have like 4 roles each week, and other times where no work comes at all. You can't judge the success of a person's career off of one single moment of their life!  He also runs his own studio, his own company, he produces, does camera-work, directs, and travels all over the world.

Just because YOU don't see him in anime as much as you expect him to, doesn't mean he's fading away. Ex, I hate Ladybug, but it's a Western-produced, unionized dub that pays very well, with benefits, and many children love it. It's a major show run by a huge conglomorate with Toei backing it. What I say has no affect on the success of any show!! At all.

Didn't say any of them were bit parts! Where ever the fuck in that post did i even say that!?!

Fuckin be GRATEFUL Todd has had even 10% of the work he got all these years. I work in a professional company after getting laid the hell off a homegrown animation studio because they couldn't manage it during the great recession. Maintaining work is HAARD. I did skim through Todd's long post about the allegations, and it doesn't sound like he was a very active person in that story. The point is, he posted it, he took it down, and now his career isn't affect by it. So he's not getting work from Funimation as much anymore. So the hell what!??  He's in LA! Communicating with him from Texas is hard, especially when recording on something! So he's not acting as much anymore! So what??! Acting dubs pay you PEANUTS! Commercial work for radio ads pay you more than an entire season of an anime dub! Don't go assuming a post affected his entire career because you DON'T KNOW the details of what ramifications there were!

Now you've forced me to do research.  This should be time-consuming...  

Cross-referencing BehindtheVoiceActors and ANN here, since ANN doesn't list in chronological order, unfortunately.  Taking the roles in 2019 (it was January when the Vic stuff blew up, and then Todd had his stuff come out shortly after), and checking them against ANN.  Going by ANN's standards, with bolded characters being more prominent, I believe, it shows his Free character in bold.  So he has that.  In the Kengan Ashura series, he plays a few characters, but only one in bold.  

On 10/4/2019 at 11:32 PM, elfie said:

He had a bit role in Fire Emblem: Three Houses

You said yourself his Fire Emblem part was a bit role.  Do you even read your own posts?  He returned to play his minor Kill la Kill character in a KLK videogame, whoopty-doo.  I've never heard of the Marvel character he plays and couldn't tell if you that character has more lines in that game than any other.  Not going to look into that further.  His character in Ingress is bolded, but it looks like all the characters for that one are, so maybe I am wrong about what the bolding means.  In any case, that character's name isn't in the synopsis, so not sure how much screen time he has.  His Gundam Build Divers character is bolded.  In Devil May Cry 5 he played two monsters.  Don't really see him as the monster guy, but okay.  Doubt that he got much for that.  And he played some random yokais in yo-kai watch, but that isn't listed on ANN for whatever reason, so I have no idea of their possible prominence.  But they're probably just random yokais of the week or something.  Todd has two small roles and "additional voices" in Ladybug, so you vastly over-estimated what he's getting out of that.  So, not a complete absence from the scene, but not nearly at what he was before.  

And there's another factor.  The voice actors may not make that much voicing in the actual animes (if this is still true,) but they make a good amount of money doing convention appearances.  You aren't going to get convention appearances if you don't have enough popular roles for people to come see you for.  Are people falling over themselves to meet Todd for his Free character?  I dunno'.  His two most popular characters that most people would know about would probably be Natsu and Death the Kid.  Not sure if he has anything else comparable to that.  I think this decline in work is probably no coincidence, like how we learned Vic getting less work was no coincidence even before he got fired, because people didn't want to work with him, and they even had special "Vic locks" installed at Funimation to protect people from him!

None of the people Todd @'d in this tweet responded to him, and he forgot to add the @ for Mashima, and Fairy Tail official accounts.  Make of that what you will.  But these were people that Todd worked with for years, probably his top show and character, and they no-sold his farewell tweet.  

Also, if you go to the Instagram link he posted there, we see him recording the lines and sending the files to Funimation.  So there is no issue with him appearing in Funimation dubs, just because he doesn't live in Texas anymore.  There are also other companies to work for besides Funimation...

Umm, it wasn't just licensing and dubbing studios stateside that were hit hard, with some closing up, but actual companies and studios in Japan where the actual anime is made had the same thing happen.  The recession was rough on lots of companies, but especially anything nonessential, including hobbies like anime, people would have no choice but to spend less on.

I disagree that he was unaffected, if you look at his declining prominence and relevance.

19 minutes ago, EmpressAngel said:

If I remember right, the woman's post said they'd both been drinking that night. There's probably just not enough proof going either way for the companies to break his contracts and recast.

Okay but it's really not anymore though. These days actors can essentially telecommute a performance from the other side of the country without much issue. Like, FUNi and Viz aren't sharing custody of Matt Mercer and constantly shipping him back and forth between studios so he can do both Attack on Titan and Jojo. Laura Baily didn't have to drop her Disney work and move her family back to Texas so she could be in Fruits Baskets again. Patrick Seitz is some kind of elder god who can just be summoned at will to any recording booth with a sufficient goat sacrifice, and thus mortal concepts like distance mean nothing to him.

Yeah, they were both drunk off their asses, so it was kind of a wash there.  No way to be sure what really happened in that case, as being drunk could mess with memory and whatnot.  As for the other two women, they just said that Todd got them drunk to screw them and felt taken advantage of (though Todd would have been drinking too,) but didn't accuse him of rape.  But yeah, there hasn't been enough yet for Todd to get canceled, per se, but I do think his decline may not have been coincidental.  I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt and hope Todd isn't a monster, but there's no way to be completely sure right now.  I do genuinely hope the incident with Jessie Pridemore was a misunderstanding or misremembered or something, and that nothing else comes out from other women.  But I won't be surprised if it does.

Yup, and a tweet it took me a few minutes to find posted by Todd himself proved this, that he recorded Natsu's lines for the final season remotely and then sent the files to Funimation to be mixed in. :D Maybe elfie thought Mest was porting Todd in to record the lines! :D

I also forgot his recurring role in Boruto as one of the students. I guess i forgot because I never follow Boruto on Toonami.

Todd sent his recordings to Funimation because that was for Natsu, a character he started acting as around 5 years ago when he was still living in Texas and getting more roles from them. So he's only still working on Fairy Tail due to obligations from the character.

Edited by elfie