UnevenEdge

what do you think the scariest movie is?

Phillies

John Carpenter's The Thing.

There is another movie that scarred me from back in the day: Event Horizon.

Problem is its directed by Paul W.S. Anderson. That means the plot is going to suck but there are some decently scary scenes, especially if you are watching this late at night, in highschool and stoned :420: :420:

EventHorizon-1-1200x510.jpg

event-horizon1.jpg

Actually terrified seeing it?

There are a few that come to mind (which will all be on my list coming btw)...

Most recently was The Babadook

Overall and probably most extreme would be Pascal Laugier's Martyrs (2008), also one of the most gruesome films I've ever seen as well... It was part of the New French Extremity cinema movement.

Honestly I don't see what is so good about the shining.

Different tastes. I'm enamored by the constantly-warping architecture, and the backstory(/ies) that stokes the present tension/imagery.

It's fragmented in a way that's always been really effective and interesting to me.

Different tastes. I'm enamored by the constantly-warping architecture, and the backstory(/ies) that stokes the present tension/imagery.

It's fragmented in a way that's always been really effective and interesting to me.

I might try watching it again just for the heck of it. Everyone raves about it, I thought it was only mediocre.

I might try watching it again just for the heck of it. Everyone raves about it, I thought it was only mediocre.

I'm also simply chilled by things that not everybody considers horror, or scary.

Like, atmosphere is what makes certain movies terrifying to me. Like Wait Until Dark.

But lots of people simply call that suspense, rather than horror.

That movie was tailor made to scare the shit out given my fear of spiders ::D::

I'm terrified of spiders too, but the interwoven drama between the protagonist and the stubborn citizens of his new surroundings

makes for some charming drama, along with the numerous funny lines throughout:

It's usually only the gorry or sick shit that gets me like Cabin Fever, or the Human Centipede.

Though somehow the Grudge spooked me for a bit when I was younger.  I think it's just because

I was a kid and every time the lights were off I expected insaley pale contorted Japanese people

popping out at me or to hear those disturbing noises. Also my mom is a cat person and everytime

I'd hear cats growling at night it would bring the scenes back into my memory.

the original "Night of the Living Dead." Not now, but the first time I saw it, it scared the absolute bejesus out of me.

"The Grudge." Not a good movie to watch alone, when you live by yourself.

"In the Dead of Night."I saw it when I was a kid, haven't been able to find it since, but the scene where a guy kills his ventriloquist dummy and then is taken over by its spirit gave me nightmares for weeks.