UnevenEdge

What Tv show are you Watching on Cable, Netflix, Hulu, etc?

blueraven1999

Watching The Last of Us 

I had given up on Velma cuz I could anymore 

The Last of Us is pretty good. I like that the infected, while cool af looking as they are, aren’t the main point, or danger of the show.  Just enough to keep it interesting, don’t get me wrong, they got scenes that are just outrageous with infected, and still the interactions between the uninfected among the infected are the focus. Well done so far.  

Survivor

Spoiler

I'm really liking some of the new twists they're doing this season with the immunity idols and advantages. It's about time they switched things up again. Even though it's not really that big of a difference with having people find a key to unlock the cage that has an idol versus just finding the idol itself, tonight's episode showed how it can cause some craziness if people don't properly think through getting it out of there and making it still look like it hasn't been taken.  The best part though was after Carolyn screwed up and made it obvious somebody had gotten it, the rest of them all started suspecting everyone but her, even though she was the only one who wasn't with the rest of them.

It's kind of refreshing though to see people playing like noobs, when it feels like almost everyone who comes on the show lately have been like some ultra savvy, super fans. Carolyn btw I think might be my favorite player ever. She's just so totally nutso, but in a good way. Just the faces she was making at tribal were OMG. I'm so so glad they didn't vote her out tonight. Looking forward to hopefully a lot more of her goofiness livening things up the rest of the season.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched this week's episode of Quantum Leap tonight.

Spoiler

Good episode but I have several nitpicks.  Main one being is that the leaper is supposed to

have a swiss-cheese memory.  He's shouldn't be able to constantly remember that he's

dating the girl hologram.  Also he shouldn't be able to remember other things from past episodes.

Two and this was probably addressed in earlier episodes but I haven't watched since the beginning: 

There's only supposed to be one leaper.  In the original only Al was tuned into Sam's brainwaves and to

bring in someone else was only possible by Al touching someone but then Sam wouldn't be able to talk to

the other person.  These things are bothering me but I still like the show.  It's just not nearly as good as the original.

Edited by blueraven1999

On 3/29/2023 at 9:21 PM, blueraven1999 said:

Watched this week's episode of Quantum Leap tonight.

Reveal hidden contents

Good episode but I have several nitpicks.  Main one being is that the leaper is supposed to

have a swiss-cheese memory.  He's shouldn't be able to constantly remember that he's

dating the girl hologram.  Also he shouldn't be able to remember other things from past episodes.

Two and this was probably addressed in earlier episodes but I haven't watched since the beginning: 

There's only supposed to be one leaper.  In the original only Al was tuned into Sam's brainwaves and to

bring in someone else was only possible by Al touching someone but then Sam wouldn't be able to talk to

the other person.  These things are bothering me but I still like the show.  It's just not nearly as good as the original.

Spoiler

I haven't watched the original series in like forever, but the one thing I remember that they completely changed without explanation that bothers me the most is that the person being leapt into I recall having their consciousness go into Sam's body in the present, and that's mostly how Al would usually get information about their situation to relay to Sam to help him out.  In this version seems like the person being leapt into just has their mind suppressed. I don't know though, maybe I'm misremembering. Wouldn't surprise me, as my mind seems to be made of swiss cheese sometimes lately these days. Ha ha.

Wanted to be a completionist, so watched Stargate Universe. Unlike its predecessors, it was pretty short-lived, only getting two seasons.They went a much more serious, dramatic route with it, so not at all surprising it didn't do so well and a lot of the fanbase didn't support it. First season was pretty tough to watch at times, but to its credit, it did improve a bit in season 2. Found out they actually continued the story a bit in graphic novel form, and checked out the first volume, but I'm kind of glad they ended it where they did, as I didn't really care much for the direction it looks like they were taking the story.

• Like 1

Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal S1E1 (rewatch)

From my Blu-ray, which presumably counts. God, this show looks even better here than it does on [as]. The colors are brighter, the lines sharper (some of them exhibit an aliasing effect, though this might be native to the show), and the actual content is as gripping as ever. Kinda wish the surround mix was more exaggerated, but if you turn it up loud it probably sounds theatrical enough as is.

Forgot to mention that I watched the last episode of the season for Quantum Leap

last week and also watched Survivor.  It's kinda sad there's only Survivor left now.

Spoiler

i have to say I think Karlyn (I have no idea how to spell her name) is the

smartest out of everyone.  I've been cheering for her for several episodes now.

I hope she wins.  I also like the nerd couple Frannie and the guy wearing the green shirt.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 4:39 PM, blueraven1999 said:

Forgot to mention that I watched the last episode of the season for Quantum Leap

last week and also watched Survivor.  It's kinda sad there's only Survivor left now.

Reveal hidden contents

i have to say I think Karlyn (I have no idea how to spell her name) is the

smartest out of everyone.  I've been cheering for her for several episodes now.

I hope she wins.  I also like the nerd couple Frannie and the guy wearing the green shirt.

I just saw the asylum episode last night, but still need to watch the last two. I've been DVRing it, but am still playing a bit of catch up.

As for Survivor though, just got done watching tonight's episode.

Spoiler

Yeah, Carolyn despite the spacey, goofy exterior is surprisingly quite observant and well-versed in the social part of the game. She's also really adept at reading people, which I think gives her a good chance at getting pretty far. Carson though I'd say is the smartest and biggest threat to win. He seems to have gained everyone's trust while continuing to somehow fly beneath all of their radars. And you just know if there's any immunity challenges coming up involving puzzles, too, that he's pretty much a lock to win those. If I was drawing odds, I'd definitely peg him as the favorite to take the money right now.

But ahh, the lovebirds, yeah I really enjoyed seeming the two of them trying, and mostly failing, to keep their budding romance on the dl. 😃 But sadly, tragically, tis no more. Frannie's winning that group immunity challenge, seemed to inadvertently doom poor Matt tonight, in a tragic twist of the game. ☹️ But that's Survivor for ya. The couples curse strikes yet again.

• 2 weeks later...

Beef on Netflix 

I had started watching it prior to the allegations about David Choe. Seriously I binged 8 episodes the day they released it.  I figured since I can’t unwatch something I might as well finish it

The series wasn’t bad every character was flawed, annoying, and at times, completely unlikeable but that might’ve been the point. We’re seeing these characters at their worst and most stressed so it’s understandable.  The ending was predictable in a sense even if it happened in the craziest way

I would def watch another season but idk if I’d necessarily wanna see these characters again.  I wouldn’t mind seeing a completely different connection of beefs. 

Chimp Empire it’s a documentary about the Central and Western Ngogo Chimps. The Central group is the largest ever found, comprised of 120 individuals. 

If people tell you “animals don’t wage war” tell them “Bullshit, watch Chimp Empire. They wage war all the time”. They are so much like us. Too much like us. The only difference is that CHIMPS WILL ALWAYS ATTACK AN OUTSIDER MALE CHIMP. They have no ability to just “let it go” whereas humans have the ability we just don’t always exercise it. 

On 4/23/2023 at 12:41 PM, 1pooh4u said:

Beef on Netflix 

I had started watching it prior to the allegations about David Choe. Seriously I binged 8 episodes the day they released it.  I figured since I can’t unwatch something I might as well finish it

The series wasn’t bad every character was flawed, annoying, and at times, completely unlikeable but that might’ve been the point. We’re seeing these characters at their worst and most stressed so it’s understandable.  The ending was predictable in a sense even if it happened in the craziest way

I would def watch another season but idk if I’d necessarily wanna see these characters again.  I wouldn’t mind seeing a completely different connection of beefs. 

Found it.

• Thanks 1

Watched Fired on Mars and Royal Crackers

RC I think I’d appreciate more if I watched Succession because from what I hear it’s a parody of it. It’s ok so far crazy family waiting for the 200 yo patriarch and ceo of the company Royal Crackers to die. Laughing at the absurdity of the show. Just a side note I’ve been watching on HBOmax instead of Cartoon Network [adult swim]

Fired on Mars

a loser named Jeff, an unimaginative graphic designer, goes to work on Mars for his company marsly, where he’s promptly fired. With no way back home, no job, and a gf that was supposed to go with him, but was delayed, chaos ensues for Jeff.  

Watched last week's Survivor.

Spoiler

It's interesting what's happening to the groups.  The vote was all over the place at the end.

I don't think she was voted off yet but I still want the woman with the fake immunity

idol to try to use it at tribal council.  I have nothing against her but it would be funny.

Not sure if anyone has gone home with someone's else's idol before.  I hope it wasn't the fake one.

I’m watching Fired on Mars which is going in a completely different direction than I thought. It still reminds me of Sealab 2021but it’s not as funny. Like in Sealab 2021 the people on Sealab all went a little mad from being under the sea

Spoiler

So far on Fired on Mars it seems the people didn’t go funny crazy, but shit is getting crazy nonetheless.  Also almost every episode ends with a part of the colony getting fucked up, but that’s the end of any similarity 

I think it’s worth the watch. It has some crazy storylines and some really nice animated sequences.  

Watched last week's Survivor tonight.

Spoiler

I'll miss Frannie.  I like Heidi but I was hoping the plan to vote her out would work.

I want Danny out the most of all so I agree with Karlyn but I wish she believed Jaime.

I hate how everyone thought she was lying when she was telling the truth about what happened

to the idol.

• Like 1

Genndy Tartakovsky's Primal S1E2
Smiling Friends S1E1

[i wanna play davebius]

EDIT: Oh, wait a minute, I just noticed the separate thread we have for cartoons. I'll make sure to post there next time.

Edited by Blatch

On 5/6/2023 at 8:53 PM, blueraven1999 said:

Watched last week's Survivor tonight.

Reveal hidden contents

I'll miss Frannie.  I like Heidi but I was hoping the plan to vote her out would work.

I want Danny out the most of all so I agree with Karlyn but I wish she believed Jaime.

I hate how everyone thought she was lying when she was telling the truth about what happened

to the idol.

Spoiler

Yeah, that was funny. It's like when people lie this season they get believed, but on the rare occasion that somebody actually tells the truth they're totally not. Just like tonight with Yam Yam telling Danny that Heidi is the one who voted for him last week, and Danny not believing it at all. So many of them are gonna feel real stupid when they get a chance to watch the season later on.

Looks like ya got yer wish anyway, as Danny got the boot. Carolyn burned her idol to try and save Carson when she didn't need to, but it could have just have easily been that she did, so can't blame her at all for using it. Next week's gonna be totally pivotal now that the Tika three have half the numbers.

Finished probably the last stop on my classic sci-fi nostalgia tour with Farscape. Finished all four seasons, which I'm honestly surprised I remembered quite a bit of despite it being like twenty years since I watched it before, as well as the follow up Peacekeeper Wars movie that I don't actually believe I ever did see. Don't think when I was younger I really appreciated what an amazing series it was. Just so ahead of its time really. Never realized it was actually all done in Australia with an entirely Australian cast of actors with the exception of the lead, Ben Browder. Almost kind of criminal it got axed early by Sci-Fi channel, and especially at the point it did where it was left with such a cliffhanger ending for season 4. Pretty incredible though how fans mobilized a Save Farscape movement that enabled the movie to happen, allowing them  to give the story some closure. Wasn't everything I would have hoped for in an ending, but given the producers had planned for two or three more seasons, totally understandable they couldn't tie up all that satisfactorily all of the characters stories.

Also, just finished seeing the Survivor season finale

Spoiler

Very happy one of the Tika three wound up being the winner. Of course, I would have rather it been Carolyn, but I wasn't surprised or disappointed that the jury chose Yam Yam. Honestly, this was probably my favorite final group of people the show has ever had. Seeing how Yam Yam actually went and helped Carson try to learn how to make fire better, even though he knew it could decrease his chances of winning, to me was just one of the best moments in the history of the show, so I'm happy seeing him get money. Wish they all could have won really.

Just watched the last Survivor.

Spoiler

I liked Yam Yam but I honestly think he was the least deserving of the final three

and should have come in third.  I was rooting for Carolyn pretty much the entire game but

I shifted to Heidi at the end.  Personally I was very impressed with her winning the final immunity,

deciding to play in the fire challenge where she could have lost, and she won.  I thought she should

have won after that even though even now Carolyn is still my favorite.

I wish Heidi had won with Carolyn getting second with a few votes from Frannie and Matt.  Also with

Yam Yam getting third with zero votes but obviously that didn't happen.  Something happened in the game

that I completely missed.  I still don't think I'd change my mind though.  To me it looked like Carson, Yam Yam,

and Carolyn were all working together equally without one of them being more in charge but I guess not.

So yeah I'm disappointed but at this point, I can't remember the last time I wasn't disappointed.

I don't think anyone has won the game in the last ten years that I have liked and that will probably continue in the

next ten years if the show lasts that long.  I'm pretty confused about the man in the credits who said that he's back.

Is that the guy from this season who had to leave the game early because of medical reasons on the first episode or someone completely different?

If it is the guy from this season, he's already my favorite for next season.

• Like 1

I finished Fired on Mars and it went totally different than I thought and I really liked it and I absolutely want another season cuz I got questions. 

example I had assumed they weren’t on Mars that long but I think it’s supposed to be a not so distant future 

Spoiler

They have actually been on Mars for 30 years  I was dumb founded by that discovery because there’s no children on this colony save for one baby that has a cult like following.  Maybe the people in the colony have been exposed to too much radiation? Idk  

I highly recommend the series. There aren’t big spoilers under the tag I just covered jic u like watching totally blind. 
someone please watch so we can discuss. My other half doesn’t really like it 

Watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone with my girls.

We’re going to universal studios and they won’t be able to read all the books in time.  So movies it is!  Although the books will always be better (yes, I’m a book snob lol).

I finished Barry. It was incredible and I don’t even know what to say. It lampooned Hollywood but it was also a treatise on how obsessed we are with violence and murder in our entertainment, AND that we can enter into a much better situation but give it up frequently for our “bullshit.”

So, maybe I do know what to say…anyway, it’s landmark TV. 2023 has kicked ass for good TV.

• 2 weeks later...