UnevenEdge

What Tv show are you Watching on Cable, Netflix, Hulu, etc?

blueraven1999

On 7/20/2022 at 5:24 PM, blueraven1999 said:

The Owl House S2 eps 20 and 21 - 10/10

I wish there was a third season.

At least it's getting some specials to finish the story off. Really looking forward to that. I think they're supposed to air early next year.

Been quite a while since I've been here anyway.

I binged a few shows recently. Saw the first two seasons of The Boys and Stranger Things. Liked 'em both, especially Stranger Things. Also went and watched all of Haven, an old SyFy series I had wanted to see for a long time, and I wasn't at all disappointed. It was really good. Right now I'm in the midst of watching The 100. Just finished season 5 and all I can say is that it's just absolutely epic. Can't believe the production value put into it, too. For a TV series, it's pretty amazing..

• Like 2

Wrapped up watching the last two season of The 100. Kinda disappointed with the different direction they took for them from the first five. The real strength of the show I thought was how they kept it pretty well grounded in reality, in making the sci-fi part of it still believable, but then they went and pretty much abandoned that in the final 2 seasons. Also, what they did to Bellamy I felt was pretty unforgivable. Still, I'm glad it got an ending at least, even if it wasn't one much to my liking.

Finished season 4 of Stranger Things. I liked it thought it was the quickest paced season of the 4 hoping it doesn’t take 2 years for season 5 if they’re doing a season 5.  I also hope they don’t give Eleven/Jane all the powers. Of course I want to see an increase in abilities but I just hate when it’s too many abilities to the point it’s silly.  It’s the reason why I stopped reading Laurell K Hamilton’s Anita Blake series because her abilities increased to just silly levels 

• Like 1

Cobra Kai S5 6-8

Spoiler

They finally resolved the main conflict with the kids between Robby and Miguel by literally making them stepbrothers, and it’s actually very heartwarming to see them finally have an honest conversation about their issues, fight it out, and forgive each other.

So now let’s move on by having a world tournament set up.  This show wasn’t shounen anime enough, fuck the All Valley, make the kids compete in the Tenkachi Budokai!

Scavengers

Spoiler

It's about high time I finally started prop-scripting (that's shorthand for "properly scripting") Kinky Kunoichi: Nagoya File's 3rd episode, 15th overall for the series, and for this one, I'm exclusively sticking to the American side of things. The director/storyboarder I'll be analyzing this time is Charles Huettner, a Pennsylvania-based animator who was one of the two creative minds behind the Scavengers short that's popped up on Toonami every now and again. Having liked the short's style and what it was going for, I decided early on to have Huettner act as metaphorical director for an episode. Unfortunately, a lot of his stuff is too abstract for me to properly analyze, and the short of his I really want to see, HEADS, hasn't made its way online beyond a couple GIF-formatted previews of the animation on his Tumblr account. I wonder if I could contact him regarding giving it a release beyond animation festivals...

Anyways, I decided to give Scavengers a rewatch so I got a feel for Huettner's style, and while he's sharing double-duty with Joseph Bennett on this short and the upcoming Scavengers Reign series (which, if it's still on for release, I'll definitely be watching as soon as I can), there's enough of his more dramatical style here to conclude that he led the effort in atmosphere, mood-setting and vibe. (Synonyms are fun!) So much so, that I think he was the right choice for jam #15. Even without the alien visuals and setting of Scavengers, I'm confident that Huettner's style will mesh well with what I'll have in mind when writing it up.