UnevenEdge

What Tv show are you Watching on Cable, Netflix, Hulu, etc?

blueraven1999

I am watching Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty on Max. I’m midway through the first season and I gotta say this show is so fuckin good. It hooks you in immediately.  The series starts in 1991 on the day Magic Johnson was told he’s HIV+ and then goes back to 1979 when he was drafted. John C Riley and the rest of the cast is so fuckin good. I could have watched the entire first season in one sitting if not for work. I was watching from 11pm until 4 am when I was like “oh shit I gotta get ready for work”. I’m so tired today 😆😆😆😆

• 2 weeks later...

Primal 1 (rewatch)

Spoiler

Believe it or not, this was for another round of direction analysis for Kinky Kunoichi season 2. Probably not the most useful source to use for studying the style of Julien Chheng, but I watched the trailer for his original work at La Cachette in-between acts and noticed similar tics, so for what that's worth...

Also, I can't believe I forgot that Spear had two kids that got eaten.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched Survivor and earlier today I rewatched Dancing with the Stars with my grandma. 

It was the second time I watched it this week since I watched it with my mom last night. 

It was fun to watch it with both of them.

Spoiler

I'll miss Brandon.  He was the only person I liked on the tribe he was on.  I hope that tribe gets Ulonged

or when Probst divided them up into 2 tribes soon that the other tribes vote them out as soon as they can.

I don't want any of them to make it to the merge and definitely not to the end.  Also I love Jason Mraz on Dancing.  Hope he wins.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the new episode of the new Frasier on YouTuee.

Im considering getting Paramount+.  The show is a lot better than I thought it would be.

It is not as good as the first Frasier but it was still fun.  I like the newhew.  He is a lot like Niles.

Since its in Boston, Im hpping Cliff and Norm get a cameo at some point.

Watched Survivor tonight and forgot to say I watched Dacing with the Stars yesterday.

Spoiler

Kinda confused why that one guy quit since he had to go to Ponderosa after he quit.

Unless that rule changed and he was allowed to go home.  Looked like Sifu would have gone

home if he didnt quit.  Im glad he did though.  I dont like Lulu (old Lulu I mean).

In Dancing with the Stars, I still want that real estate guy to go home.  I dont understand why

so many people are voting for him.  I like Barry but I think hes going to go home soon.  He is not

a good ancer but hes a likeable guy.  Plus I like the fact that hes a actual star I have heard of.

Jason Mrzz is my favorite though and I hope he wins.

Forgot to post that I watched Survivor last night.

Spoiler

I really liked the part where the two guys were talking about Pokemon.

Also I'm glad that Drew wasn't voted out.  I'm only cheering for a few of them

and he's one of the people I'm cheering for.  I already liked Austin but I like

him a lot more after this episode.

• Like 1

Been a little while, so watched a lot of stuff recently. First off, got to see the third and final season of Picard. Pretty much a love letter to fans of TNG. I liked it, but season two was the one that really delivered to me. Soon as I heard they were doing a Picard series, the one thing I really hoped it would delve into was Picard's family, and though season one didn't go into it, they did big time with season two.

Watched season one of Star Trek Prodigy as well. Love the characters and the production quality, but I really didn't like the plot. I hate the way Trek handles time travel almost every time they involve it in the story. This time was no exception. It always seems to lead to gaps in logic the way things work out and stuff like that just really bothers me.

Also, watched both seasons of Dead Like Me. When I was a kid I always wanted to be the Grim Reaper for Halloween, so probably my favorite thing about this show was the opening. The show itself was kinda interesting, but way more slow paced, repetitive, and boring honestly than I thought it would be.

Reality TV wise, been watching Survivor, but so far I'm underwhelmed by this season. Maybe I'm just suffering from Carolyn withdrawal though. Heh heh.

I watched a couple Survivor clones that were on a little while ago. Survive the Raft was pretty interesting and actually surprised me by being pretty enjoyable in the end. Fight to Survive on the other hand was probably the worst reality TV show I think I've ever seen. New reality show I'm really enjoying right now though is House of Villains. Johnny Fairplay and Omarosa are like the only people I actually know on it, but so far it's every bit as insane as I hoped it would be.

• Like 1

Watched Dancing with the Stars tonight.

I wish it was Halloween night instead of Monster night. It would have been great if one of the stars

and partner dressed as Gomez and Morticia from The Addams Family.  Especially since the characters
danced in the two movies. 

Spoiler

Also I'm glad the real estate guy was eliminated.  I admit he got better but I think

he was one of the worst dancers since the first episode.  I think it's Harry's time to go next with Alyson following him

the week after.

Watched Survivor tonight.

Spoiler

I feel bad for Sifu.  He was so close to making the jury. I was worried for Julie so I'm glad Kaleb was voted out.

Not sure what to think about the older black guy.  I like him but I find him a little annoying at the same time. 

The main reason why I like him is because he's close to my age and I liked him at the start of last season.

With the way he's been acting this season, I think if he hadn't had to be medivacced from the game last season

he wouldn't have lasted long.

• Like 1

Also forgot to say I watched Dancing with the Stars yesterday.

Spoiler

I don't understand the people voting for Harry Jowles.  He's clearly the worst dancer there.  I hope Barry Williams

doesn't get eliminated next week.  I want him to outlast Harry plus I think he's a better dancer.  Barry is my third favorite

based on personality after Jason Mraz and the girl that was on the Bachelor.  I don't think he'll come come close to the final

three but I want him to outlast Harry.  He can go after that.

Ripped through Lost in Space season 1. Love that they got Bill Mumy, even if only in a small way, to be a part of the show. Also got to see season 1 of Star Trek Strange New Worlds. Loved it completely and can't wait to see season 2.

Survivor

Spoiler

Couldn't help but laugh a little at how Kaleb sort of won the lottery last week only to like get hit by a bus as soon as he stepped out of the store to cash in his ticket this one. Guess he wasn't as lucky as we thought.

House of Villains

Spoiler

Best episode yet. Though I think that pretty much every episode it seems. How did Shake ever not think he was a villain? The way he insulted and demeaned Corinne, who's probably the least villainous person on the show, my dear lord. Bless Bobby for revealing his duplicity to everyone and teeing him up to self destruct the way he did. Did not expect Omarosa to turn on the ladies the way she did though. Don't know why I'm at all surprised though. I mean she's Omarosa.

• Like 1

Watched last week's episode of Amazing Race.

Spoiler

It's too bad my favorite team which I've nicknamed the Beard bros will be in last place next episode

since they were second to last this episode.  I hope they catch up.

Also watched Futurama S11 ep 9.

Very good episode. 

Spoiler

Loved Round cars: Wheels sold separately (:

Watched this week's Survivor earlier tonight.

Spoiler

Good episode.  Bruce really needed that win.  I still think he's

a goner either next week or the week after.  Felt bad for the woman

eliminated.  It's cool that her elimination was Drew's plan though.

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to seeing Constantine the series. Always wanted to as he was one of my favorite characters on Legends of Tomorrow.  It only ever got one season which was a crying shame, as the way Matt Ryan plays him is just so much fun to watch.

Also watched season three of The Boys and the first season of Loki. Soon as I saw Owen Wilson was in Loki I knew it was going to be fun, and I was not disappointed. Seeing that also helped fill in some blanks the last couple Marvel movies had I think.

Survivor

Spoiler

Shocked here too Bruce didn't play his idol, but glad he's gone as it opens it up now for the old Reba four to go after one another and hopefully spice things up a bit.

House of Villains

Spoiler

Bobby choosing to put himself up for elimination definitely one of the most stunning moves in reality TV I have ever witnessed. Left pretty much everyone flabbergasted. Tanisha's reaction to it was definitely the best. She was just like in total shock. After I had a little while to think about it though, it's actually a pretty good strategy for him if you just think about the voting math. Even if he doesn't win the redemption challenge, there's little chance he'll be kicked out, and if he does Bananas, his primary target, then is almost certainly toast.

• Like 1

Watched Survivor.

Spoiler

I'm glad Julie and Austin are safe.  I was worried that Julie was going to write down Austin's name down.

It is interesting what's happening but I wish they would get rid of Jake.  He just seems like a floater or goat

at this point that has no chance of winning so I want him gone.

Also forgot to say I watched Dancing with the Stars a couple days ago.

Spoiler

I wish Jason Mraz had won.  I didn't want the kid to win.

• Like 1

Watched Survivor tonight.

Spoiler

I think Drew is the only contestant on Survivor that I went from liking most of the season

to wanting him gone.  He and Julie were my top two but as soon as he started targeting Julie last

episode, he was no longer one of my favorites.  I wanted him gone this episode. 

I think Dee has a very good chance of winning this season and I'm cheering for her and Julie the most.

Julie is still my favorite but she has no chance of winning.  Loved Jake this episode.  He had a great confessional.

I actually like him now.  Still don't think he has a chance to win but he actually gamed this episode so I like him now.

No idea what's going to happen next but I think Dee and Austin will be two of the final three.  No idea who would be with them.

Survivor

Spoiler

I never really liked Drew. I think he fancied himself a mastermind, but he was kinda shortsighted not picking up on the Austin and Dee relationship. Katurah certainly has though. Probably won't help her much at this point though. I'm hoping either Katurah or Austin win, but I think they're both significant underdogs honestly. Dee is the definite favorite I feel, given how she saved Julie, she's got the best story to tell as to how she's directed the game.

House of Villains

Spoiler

Bobby's move putting himself up for elimination backfired big time on him. I'm a little shocked Fairplay actually sided with Bananas. I thought Bobby putting Bananas up for elimination after Fairplay chose him as supervillain would have driven a complete wedge between them. I guess Fairplay really did think of Bananas and himself as friends and hoped he would forgive him, but Bananas expectedly went after him right away. Omarosa ended up being the one booted though, so Johnny's still got a shot at revenge it looks like. Should be an interesting finale.

Watched the last episode of Survivor.

Spoiler

I'm glad Dee won.  At first I thought Jake would only have a few votes

but after listening to the jury, I thought it would be between Jake and Dee for the win.

I honestly thought Emily, Kaleb, and Kendra were going to vote for Jake.

So I was definitely fooled but I was right on who the winner was.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Survivor finale went about how I expected it would. Villains finale was pretty decent, but I was expecting more fireworks honestly. Instead...

Spoiler

Omarosa shockingly ended up voting for Tanisha to win after the two of them were at each other's throats before, and the show kind of went out with more of a whimper than a bang really. Still I'm glad Bananas didn't win since he probably didn't need the money that badly.

Also, watched season 3 of The Boys, Wandavision (which was awesome), the first season of The Wheel of Time, and am currently watching The Mandalorian. So far I watched all of season 1 and am halfway through season 2. God I love its score. A lot of times I skip the credits after the first episode, but I love the music so much I end up letting it play so I can listen to it every time. This show just scratches an itch I didn't even know I had. It's like a Sci-Fi western, with the lead character always on the move, roaming from place to place never being able to stay anywhere for too long. Keeps it extremely fresh and interesting. And of course the baby... he's super funny. I can see what all the fuss was about now with him.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to watch the second season of Star Trek - Strange New Worlds. This is without a doubt my favorite Trek series since Deep Space Nine, and I don't say that lightly. Fantastic sophomore season on all fronts, but aughhh! They ended it with such a nasty cliffhanger, it's just torturous having to wait for season 3 now to see how things are gonna get resolved. My favorite episode though was definitely the trial episode, which I thought kind of embodied everything Star Trek is really about. The Lower Decks crossover and musical episodes were a ton of fun, too.

Spoiler

In particular, the parts were the Klingons sang like they were a boy band and where the ships were spinning around in unison like they were dancing in space to the music during the big finale made me burst out laughing

On 2/10/2024 at 9:21 PM, blueraven1979 said:

Watched Quantum Leap tonight.

Too much romance but I still liked the episode.

Romance? Huh, I still need to catch up on that. Been DVRing it, but haven't gotten around to watching the latest episodes. I rewatched a good chunk of season 2 of Resident Alien to refresh my memory a bit before the season 3 premiere the other night. The idea that any aliens advanced enough to reach our planet could possibly be anywhere near as monumentally stupid as Harry is -- it's just so ridiculous. Still, I can't help but love this show.