UnevenEdge

what is/are your average af life goal(s)?

fuggnificent

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christopherhudspeth/xx-hilarious-average-life-goals-for-anyone-who-doesnt?bffbvideo&utm_term=.veryP6jj0z#.jwAKqzOOek

1.)being able to afford to go see a bariatric doctor

2.) finishing just ONE book... just ONE..edited and published and everything

3.) having a car that doesnt need ANY work on it... now i need tires, an alignment, rear brakes and an oil change in less than 1000 miles (oil change? yes...its synthetic.. thats 90 fucking bucks) . fucking expensive!

4. madison to get 100% straight As one school year... she got ONE B this year.. ONE... i know thats not really average..but shes only in 1st grade so she cant not know simple shit like adding.. or she cant mess up just adding... she improved the grade and got an A average but that one lil semester B pissed me off

5. own a jailbroken firestick

1. Be a high school teacher. I went into my MFA thinking about collegiate-level work, but having the opportunity to work with high schoolers has turned me toward obtaining single-subject certification in California.

2. Get more fiction published. I've been slacking on this because my thesis is a novel, and not a short story collection, and so I haven't been writing enough short work to have on regular rotations in slushpiles.

3. Teach creative writing courses. Whether this is an elective during my time as an above-mentioned high school teacher, or teaching somewhere like Grub Street or Hugo House, I'd love to run workshops on fiction, particularly introductory courses, and courses focusing on plot construction.

4. Travel more. The few times I've done it have been very invigorating. I have a friend who quit his job to trek the Shikoku pilgrimage. I envy that so much.

1. Be a high school teacher. I went into my MFA thinking about collegiate-level work, but having the opportunity to work with high schoolers has turned me toward obtaining single-subject certification in California.

2. Get more fiction published. I've been slacking on this because my thesis is a novel, and not a short story collection, and so I haven't been writing enough short work to have on regular rotations in slushpiles.

3. Teach creative writing courses. Whether this is an elective during my time as an above-mentioned high school teacher, or teaching somewhere like Grub Street or Hugo House, I'd love to run workshops on fiction, particularly introductory courses, and courses focusing on plot construction.

4. Travel more. The few times I've done it have been very invigorating. I have a friend who quit his job to trek the Shikoku pilgrimage. I envy that so much.

Your goals arent average...but maybe you just operate on a higher level lol

Good luck and awesome on having some real goals. What made you want to work with high schoolers instead?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christopherhudspeth/xx-hilarious-average-life-goals-for-anyone-who-doesnt?bffbvideo&utm_term=.veryP6jj0z#.jwAKqzOOek

1.)being able to afford to go see a bariatric doctor

2.) finishing just ONE book... just ONE..edited and published and everything

3.) having a car that doesnt need ANY work on it... now i need tires, an alignment, rear brakes and an oil change in less than 1000 miles (oil change? yes...its synthetic.. thats 90 fucking bucks) . fucking expensive!

4. madison to get 100% straight As one school year... she got ONE B this year.. ONE... i know thats not really average..but shes only in 1st grade so she cant not know simple shit like adding.. or she cant mess up just adding... she improved the grade and got an A average but that one lil semester B pissed me off

5. own a jailbroken firestick

1. No sugar no wheat and walk.

2.Write what you feel passionate about then contact Lulu

3. Buy a Kia

4. Spend time with her while she is doing her homework.

5. No idea what that is, sounds illegal so maybe stay away from it, or not I don't care.

Your goals arent average...but maybe you just operate on a higher level lol

Good luck and awesome on having some real goals. What made you want to work with high schoolers instead?

I see "high school teacher" as a realistic job. Even if it is somebody's dream, it's not as shoot-for-the-stars difficult as--say--winning the Palme D'Or for your film, or

being the poet laureate of the US.

I think the "average" sense of these goals is relative to what I've already done. Publishing short fiction is something I've already done. Doing it more seems pretty basic.

And I have the current credentials to teach creative writing courses, so again, I don't sense it's too far down the road.

As for why high schoolers? They're fun. They're smart. You get to make a difference at a very important moment in a kid's life.

Not to say that other moments aren't as fundamental, but a high school experience can make or break a child's willingness to pursue higher education

or, if college is something a student doesn't want or need, to be the kind of person who has a desire to always be learning.

I almost didn't go to college at all. My parents didn't support it, and no teacher ever asked me if I wanted to or gave advice on how to prepare for college.

And so it was practically luck that I went (via community college). But I did so well! My academic performance was tremendously better than it was in high school.

I went from C average to straight A's. And now I've had all these experiences that I'm incredibly grateful to have had,

and I want to support students so they can feel more at ease about what they want to do. And I want students to find something they're passionate about,

even if it's something in a subject they don't give a shit about.

I could probably go on, and this explanation would only get more disorganized, but yeah--I have a lot of feelings about teaching.

No oil change should cost you anywhere close to $90 unless you're going to Naraku's car battery installation guy. Really hoping I read that wrong.

I don't have any personal goals.

\

Synthetic oil is a lot more expensive then regular oil. Id shop for coupons online and as soon as I put in the make/model of my ride the price would go to 29.99 to 79.99.

Guest The Hound

I want a kid eventually

keep playing video games

and an old dodge viper

im simple.

I see "high school teacher" as a realistic job. Even if it is somebody's dream, it's not as shoot-for-the-stars difficult as--say--winning the Palme D'Or for your film, or

being the poet laureate of the US.

I think the "average" sense of these goals is relative to what I've already done. Publishing short fiction is something I've already done. Doing it more seems pretty basic.

And I have the current credentials to teach creative writing courses, so again, I don't sense it's too far down the road.

As for why high schoolers? They're fun. They're smart. You get to make a difference at a very important moment in a kid's life.

Not to say that other moments aren't as fundamental, but a high school experience can make or break a child's willingness to pursue higher education

or, if college is something a student doesn't want or need, to be the kind of person who has a desire to always be learning.

I almost didn't go to college at all. My parents didn't support it, and no teacher ever asked me if I wanted to or gave advice on how to prepare for college.

And so it was practically luck that I went (via community college). But I did so well! My academic performance was tremendously better than it was in high school.

I went from C average to straight A's. And now I've had all these experiences that I'm incredibly grateful to have had,

and I want to support students so they can feel more at ease about what they want to do. And I want students to find something they're passionate about,

even if it's something in a subject they don't give a shit about.

I could probably go on, and this explanation would only get more disorganized, but yeah--I have a lot of feelings about teaching.

I think that high school teacher is considered a difficult goal to achieve because of how our country treats them. I hope you do get there because you sound like you can provide the support that teens need during that time.

Here are mine:

1. Have a personal driver.

2. Visit Japan again.

3. Build an awesome home library.

4. Make a movie.

5. Have enough money to eat at any restaurant that I want.

6. Learn how to ice skate.

realistically. take a creative writing class, learn french before the year is over, finally record something, and maybe get a introverted gf if im lucky enough.

im also planning on learning how to play the piano, and the drums all before the summer is over.

i don't have to be good at them, if i can get the basics of it, ill be good.

1:  Get laid before I turn 18. ( failed )

1b:  Kiss and be kissed in a non platonic way by a female I am not related to.  ( success )

1c:  Touch a boobs I am not related to.  On purpose.  With permission.  ( success )

1d:  Get laid before I die. ( success )

2:  Get married before I turn 30. ( failed )

3:  Become a father at some point. ( failed )

4:  Own a decent computer. ( success )

5:  Play Persona 5. ( success )

6:  Make at least $5 nude camming online.

7:  Train a cat to ride around on my shoulder.

8:  Learn how to speak Japanese.

9:  Get a job doing voice acting.

10:  Successfully cross-breed a watermelon and a grape to make giant grapes.