UnevenEdge

Lupin the 3rd Comes to Toonami June 17th

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard, some of the VAs for the Gundam show have already finished recording their lines. So that one should be ready to go whenever someone wants it.

I'm actually edging towards the second season of IBO not airing on Toonami, at least for a while. Perhaps it could go to FunimationNow?

From what I've heard, some of the VAs for the Gundam show have already finished recording their lines. So that one should be ready to go whenever someone wants it.

I'm actually edging towards the second season of IBO not airing on Toonami, at least for a while. Perhaps it could go to FunimationNow?

they could always cancel Shippuden

I guess the second times the charm

After Toonami's efforts to have Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine air failed due to the extensive nudity in that series, it seems FINALLY Lupin will now return to Toonami

%D0%A7%D0%B8%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BA-%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80-2552143.gif

Now this is money well spent I say

Nudity And Swearing is bad but hyper violence is good....I'll never understand this country

unfortunately, rather than just doing the right thing and cancelling Shippuden they're making HxH the sacrifice

What is Shippuden still doing there??  It's getting bum ratings.  The idea that Naruto is a popular franchise kind of doesn't seem like a deserving reason.

What is Shippuden still doing there??  It's getting bum ratings.  The idea that Naruto is a popular franchise kind of doesn't seem like a deserving reason.

It almost feels like they wanted to at least air the Pain arc before Shippuden would even have a chance of leaving

Either way I WANT ONE PIECE OVER SHIPPUDEN

Consider my interest and faith in Toonami's show selection reinvigorated.

I'm freak'n thrilled this is airing.

That's funny, because at one point Gundam Unicorn, the show it's replacing, was #1 on your Toonami wish list!

I still hope we get IBO Season 2, I really do!!

See that's what I thought! I mean if it's airing at 2 with Shippuden later I guess that's fine, though 1 would be better. Move that Tokyo Ghoul shit down, it's not even a dub premiere! But whatever. What's gonna be at 12:30? Titan should be done by then or very close. Please god not a rerun!

See that's what I thought! I mean if it's airing at 2 with Shippuden later I guess that's fine, though 1 would be better. Move that Tokyo Ghoul shit down, it's not even a dub premiere! But whatever. What's gonna be at 12:30? Titan should be done by then or very close. Please god not a rerun!

I mean Tokyo Ghoul just feels like a series that would work better at 2am. However I am mostly just saying that cause I want Hunter x Hunter to move back on up because that 2am hour does no favor to any show's ratings. Tokyo Ghoul is a newer Toonami acquisition so it's gonna get that earlier timeslot I suppose

Now we know what's replacing Jack (which is just more Jack) and Unicorn, but I don't know for sure what's going to replace Titan. 

At this point I don't even give a fuck about ratings. Shows should air when I want because I want and fuck anyone else. :D And where's JoJo 3? THAT should replace Titan.

Now that's the Buu attitude that I know and love  <3. If you want all the pudding you should get all the pudding, if you want Hunter airing earlier then it should air earlier

100% yes on the Jojo plan

Now that's the Buu attitude that I know and love  <3. If you want all the pudding you should get all the pudding, if you want Hunter airing earlier then it should air earlier

100% yes on the Jojo plan

That is literally the greatest post on this board not made by Buu himself to date.

That's funny, because at one point Gundam Unicorn, the show it's replacing, was #1 on your Toonami wish list!

I still hope we get IBO Season 2, I really do!!

Mistakes were made though I was going by the OVAs at the time not the TV cut which is in many ways inferior.

See, I don't really get that, because it's still the same show, just packaged differently. Plus I'm sure you're still grateful that Toonami got to air it at all since they haven't touched OVAs since Hellsing Ultimate X bombed hilariously. Its TV edit was most likely to air on Toonami since its OVAs featured rather wonky airtimes. I suppose it still could have been accomplished with a 90-minute timeslot like Hellsing Ultimate IV, but it would have whisked 2 other shows off the lineup in the process. Of course none of these problems exist with the new Lupin series.

I just hope Toonami isn't done with OVAs and Gundam series for good now. If Mobile Suit Gundam Origin gets a TV cut at some point, hopefully that would be decent to air on Toonami. Thunderbolt would be another good series to show on Toonami and it features a unique opportunity for playing 4-5-minute interstitials without screwing up other shows' start times. And for all we know, IBO S2 could still be coming July 29th. Perhaps absence will make viewers' hearts grow fonder once Gundam Unicorn concludes on June 10th?

I was hoping for IBOS2  just to see how it ends don't feel like watching the sub version  :|

all I know about IBO season 2 is that one of the characters is gay

which considering how Char Aznable's little albino follower was handled in Unicorn I don't look forward to any more gay Gundam characters

I was hoping for IBOS2  just to see how it ends don't feel like watching the sub version  :|

If by chance Toonami doesn't end up airing it, I'm pretty sure Sunrise will stream the dub. The first season's dub is on Crunchyroll now.

So is this show any good

Action wise, story wise, comedy wise, animaton wise

Action will mostly consist of thrilling chase sequences but there is a badass gunman and a master swordsman on Lupin's crew so there's some of that.

Story wise it's pretty episodic and focused on pulling off heists.

Very funny character interactions.

Animation is great, the show was made in 2015. The character designs are classic but animation and other design is all modern and looks great.

Oh nice, Lupin back on Toonami! I thought the 2015 show might give it a chance to happen since they clearly love Lupin and this is finally it's classic Lupin in modern animation but I didn't really expect it.

They mean Lupin: The Italian Adventure right?

You know, the one that just came out last year?

I hope so. Saw the first two of eps of that it was pretty gorgeous. They did an amazing job merging the new Koike designs to a more traditional Lupin series.

Can't wait if so, been looking forward to seeing this since it was announced they got most of the perfect Geneon dub cast back.

Also, the OP animation is perfection, they better use the version with the awesome remix of the classic theme (The Italy version had a different song).

Edit:

Yall ready for some ACTION HEISTS????

Yup! This great version :)