UnevenEdge

How good are you at knowing someone is into you

I suck at it. I was in a group and we were discussing missed opportunities and I stg, I think I probably have way more than my fair share.

It wasn't until I was older that I realized women give hints that they want you to "try" them. I think it's kinda childish but that just because I'm dumb and don't pick up on social cues...well, sexual one....I know when a mfer hates me weeks in advance

At any rate, looking back I have a few I missed and wish I had acted on and some that I'm like "oh shit, she was trying to give me some....thank God I'm an idiot"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a friend in college named Allison.  I'd always say "show me your boobs" and she would.  Thought it was fun and good.  We played romantic partners in a play together.  Showed me a four leaf clover tattoo right above her vagina and said "It's because anyone who sees this tattoo is about to get lucky."  On my 21st birthday, she said "I'd have sex with anyone if they got me drunk."  It was a decade later that I put the pieces together.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, GuyBeardmane said:

Had a friend in college named Allison.  I'd always say "show me your boobs" and she would.  Thought it was fun and good.  We played romantic partners in a play together.  Showed me a four leaf clover tattoo right above her vagina and said "It's because anyone who sees this tattoo is about to get lucky."  On my 21st birthday, she said "I'd have sex with anyone if they got me drunk."  It was a decade later that I put the pieces together.

I laugh because this would totally be me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

See, if someone actually said they were into me, I'd be suspicious and wouldn't be afraid at all to milk it because "you gotta be kidding, I'm just a jerk....what about me is appealing" 

But they would actually have to tell me because showing me boobs or a tattoo like guy said would just make me think "here we go with this comfort negro shit again...I get it, I seem so apathetic to everything that you know there's no consequences to opening up to me 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Oh, this is definitely retroactively presented...today it doesn't matter. I like solitude.

I’ve had my time in the sun and if I click with someone I click with someone. And I know it’s just mere signals we’re talking about but that also just progresses into them not giving a fuck about boundaries.

Edited by [classic swim]
  • Like 1

There was this girl in college who sat right in front of me in my Intro to Humanities class. She was really cute. Well, she was flipping her hair in front of me one time while we were watching a movie in class and she kept putting out signals that she wanted me to ask her out. I actually liked her back, but because I had other things going on at the time, I never got the message she was sending out until after I left college the first time. When I saw her six years later at a party for a mutual friend (read: after I had finally gotten the message), she was married and expecting her first kid. I was, needless to say, crushed.

Edited by Gemini
It is what it is. She seems to be happy so I got over it pretty quickly.
  • Sad 3

On 3/17/2024 at 6:29 AM, GuyBeardmane said:

....What pieces?

• Haha 1

I'm probably pretty good at it. I have very limited patience for beating around the bush, especially when it comes to relationships. Being coy and expecting me to make a move is something I will likely pick up on, but it's a red flag.

• Like 2