UnevenEdge

Post your unpopular opinions here.

The_annoying_one

14 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

unpopular opinion #8748 - when having an internet argument, it's considered common courtesy for one or both parties to link the reason for said argument. 

I actually started the chain of replies for that incident.

*kegelspasm*

On 5/11/2024 at 11:08 PM, Insipid said:

I mean, virtual reality should be very promising in our golden years. So what if we're shitting ourselves in the background?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

Bro… what did I just say?

A word salad that evaded my point.

How is telling it what to do not conveying your intent?

This is such an absurd thing to suggest that I genuinely don't know how you can possibly make that point. It's actually incoherent. You're using a machine to convey your intentions. It being generated doesn't change that you input a command and got a result. YOU came up with the idea. It displays the idea. That's art.

Again, this is an arbitrary rubric. Ignoring 99% of what I say to make firm declarations that don't address the question isn't an answer. It is functioning in response to your input, therefore it is objectively art.

Edited by naraku360

3 hours ago, André Toulon said:

Scoobdog villain arc is crazy

He's the guy in every AI related sci-fi story who insists robots can't be sentient while a robot plainly demonstrates sentience on a regular basis right in front of him.

26 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

He's the guy in every AI related sci-fi story who insists robots can't be sentient while a robot plainly demonstrates sentience on a regular basis right in front of him.

IMG_3337.jpeg.c6c235e0d28bc65c19b07f6e0bd7002c.jpeg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Why don’t you just go ahead and call my thread a fucking failure, then?!?! :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

Well, I could always post that it's entirely likely that Donald Trump isn't going bald.... but even that's a popular opinion.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Well, I could always post that it's entirely likely that Donald Trump isn't going bald.... but even that's a popular opinion.

I’ve been thinking for months that I should probably rename this thread but I don’t really know what else to call it. It’s fine, though. 16 pages of lies is still a win in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

I heard he had surgery for baldness at the crown in the late 80s. It involved removing the skin to close the area and make the bald spot seem nonexistant. It was extremely painful and he supposedly treated his ex wife Ivana like shit during that time because of it.

Why the fuck do I know this? 😭

Edited by Insipid
  • Thanks 1

When “stoner” was the prevalent phrase used for [as] stuff, I always tore that to shreds because it was never once funny or clever to say.

But I’m starting to think the use of the word “cynical” these days is also incredibly stupid and irritable. Fanboys just need buzzwords and labels to cling to or else they die.

• Thanks 2

Just now, [classic swim] said:

When “stoner” was the prevalent phrase used for [as] stuff, I always tore that to shreds because it was never once funny or clever to say.

But I’m starting to think the use of the word “cynical” these days is also incredibly stupid and irritable. Fanboys just need buzzwords and labels to cling to or else they die.

I've never gotten stoned in my life, and I loved classic AS. 

But I think there maybe something to the idea that you have to be stoned to COME UP with the stuff AS was doing, not necessarily enjoy it.

But I do assume you have to be stoned to enjoy 12 oz. Mouse.

• Like 1

Just now, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I do assume you have to be stoned to enjoy 12 oz. Mouse.

I’ve watched it both liquor’d up and sober and still put it in my top five.

2 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I think there maybe something to the idea that you have to be stoned to COME UP with the stuff AS was doing, not necessarily enjoy it.

Some made it known they were getting hammered while producing shows. Even then, I don’t put it past anyone to just make fucked up shit for the sake of it.

The Venture guys also hated people calling their stuff “insane.” I guess part of what made the stoner shit so annoying was people not used to having non boring comedy on late-night TV.

• Like 1

Probably gonna sound like a 2deep4u atheist edgelord with this one. Oh well.

I think there is more comfort believing nothing happens after death than believing in an afterlife. People piss me off more than they make me happy. We suddenly all get along because we are now mutually dead? Miss me with that shit. 🙄

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

Val Kilmer was maybe the best Batman.

Yeah, I said it. Fight me.

Even though he was the Batman of my age, and I think he did a serviceable job at the role, Micheal Keaton will always be a funnier choice for Batman than Adam West to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, André Toulon said:

Even though he was the Batman of my age, and I think he did a serviceable job at the role, Micheal Keaton will always be a funnier choice for Batman than Adam West to me.

It’s entirely possible that I may have been trolling when I posted this. I’m not saying that’s for sure what happened, but it is something to consider.

19 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

It’s entirely possible that I may have been trolling when I posted this. I’m not saying that’s for sure what happened, but it is something to consider.

Eh, trolling or not...there have just been some hilarity around casting ba....Ben Affleck dude. I don't care how beloved he is.....it tickles me

• Thanks 2

I don't agree with this idea that you have to always respect your elders. I'm not saying that you should go out of way to be rude and disrespectful to someone who is older all I'm saying is that just because you're older doesn't mean that you're automatically entitled to be respected and have younger people bow down and kiss the rings of older people just because they're older than you. I'm sorry it doesn't work like that for me your old ass can get checked too if you get out of pocket  just like these youngsters when that get out of pocket. Age be damned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

I got called a dinosaur for not having an iPhone 10 or above when it’s the exact. Same. Fucking. Device.

Wouldn’t give two fucks what phone I have even if we weren’t living in the Great Depression. And we are.

I had my last phone for YEARS and the only reason I upgraded was because they shut down the 3G towers.

• Thanks 3

motorcycles shouldn't have speakers. if you want to listen to music, wear earbuds. 

the only way to hear your speakers while you're driving is to blast them over the sound of the engine and the wind. in short, to play your music so goddamn loud you're basically a roving block party. 

it's noise pollution, and it makes you a dick. 

• Thanks 5