UnevenEdge

I need a group for adults that eat applesauce

cyberbully

4 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I know you didn’t. I’m on mobile right now and all I see is a middle finger, a pointing finger and a weird brown square that I kinda took to mean β€œeat shit”.

The pointing finger should be black but it separated the image and color code.

Edit: which is likely more a this phone issue than a site one

Edited by cyberbully

I know what you're saying.

I'm an ex-applephiliac and I've met some cool people in the applephiliac chat rooms on the apple chat.

If you have an apple product, you can totally recycle it into applesauce with a blender and sell that shit on the street and it's legal.

No one can stop anyone from injecting that straight into the eyeball and getting flashbacks of days before Apple or before applesauce.

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Haha 2

Well . . . I love applesauce. Unsweetened, as I like the slight sourness. It's my favorite way to consume apples, as it still got the the fiber in it, unlike apple juice. I'm rarely in the mood to eat raw apples.

And for what it's worth, I once asked my sister if she thought applesauce was childish and she told me it's a popular snack among nursing staff.

Edited by Insipid
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Insipid said:

Well . . . I love applesauce. Unsweetened, as I like the slight sourness. It's my favorite way to consume apples, as it still got the the fiber in it, unlike apple juice. I'm rarely in the mood to eat raw apples.

And for what it's worth, I once asked my sister if she thought applesauce was childish and she told me it's a popular snack among nursing staff.

Unsweet is the best, but I also like the strawberry and to a lesser extent, Cinnamon. But I definitely eat the unsweet and pretend I actually ate an appleΒ 

10 hours ago, GunStarHero said:

Applesauce is great. I especially like mixing other fruits into it when making it. Good for baking, too.Β 

I wasn't going to participate in this thread since I've never had much of an opportunity to eat apple sauce. Β It's just not a regularly available thing here... unless you count baking. Β I've used it in baking and it's one of those ingredients that tends to have an outsized importance in a recipe because its used to provide both flavor and moisture - you have to really build your bread or cake around it rather than the other way around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

I wasn't going to participate in this thread since I've never had much of an opportunity to eat apple sauce. Β It's just not a regularly available thing here... unless you count baking. Β I've used it in baking and it's one of those ingredients that tends to have an outsized importance in a recipe because its used to provide both flavor and moisture - you have to really build your bread or cake around it rather than the other way around.

Not a regularly available thing? Oh, you must not shop at a store that carries peasant foods like Mott's. I believe Erewhon calls it:

17 hours ago, nameraka said:

ethically sourced apple puree

Β 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Insipid said:

Not a regularly available thing? Oh, you must not shop at a store that carries peasant foods like Mott's.Β 

I mean it’s less common in Southwestern cuisine because apples aren’t grown in California’s main agricultural regions due to the excessive heat. Β Everyone could eat apple sauce as a stand-alone just to eat applesauce I suppose, but it’s more likely you’ll get it as a side (like with Disco’s pork chops) in regions where apples are traditionally grown.

Didn’t think that was something I needed to explain.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ghostrek said:

I eat applesauce It's actually pretty good I eat it because it's easy to doΒ Β Β dejestΒ  also it's a healthier choice than no really sugary pudding or you know you can actually bake with it most people don't know that

Except for those who have seen the Walking Dead. Carol uses it as a substitute for milk while making cookies for Porchdick's younger son.Β (For the record, "Porchdick" is not a racial slur. It's an insult, coined by Kevin Smith on an episode of Talking Dead, which wasΒ directed at the Season 5 character Pete Anderson.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

By the way, he means "sampling his wares" Pablo Escobar, or, alternatively, "feeding minions to his HipposΒ for shits and giggles" Pablo Escobar.

Are you sure you wouldn’t recommend me some good gabagool or cold cuts from the neighborhoodΒ delicatessen? I also sometimes get my meats from the butcher shop if that helps.

• Haha 2

On 10/5/2023 at 8:29 AM, cyberbully said:

Ok now I wanna eat what you've been eating

You can use applesauce as a substitute for milk, oil, juice, syrup, and even stuff like wine in stuff like bundt cakes, soft cookies, muffins, pancakes, etc. You can also just use some in an existing recipe, but like scoob said, just cater to it's inclusion. Then you have more uncommon things like apple kugel, which is a casserole, or latkes/potato pancakes.Β 

Non-baking stuff would be things like marinades and glazes, especially on things like ribs or slow cooked meats. Works great in sauces in general, really, if you want that apple flavoring. Then there's adding it to an existing food, like mixing it with oatmeal or in with yogurt or ice cream/custard. This can be even better if you have time to freeze the applesauce and make a sort of sorbet.Β 

There was a time in my culinary career I was really interested in using fruit and fruit byproducts with meats in different ways. Lead me to some really amazing dishes. Applesauce just kinda kept coming up as an established ingredient, though lol

• Like 2

• 1 month later...