UnevenEdge

Indictment No. 4

Icarus27k

7 hours ago, Icarus27k said:

If you're a resident of Georgia, there's a chance you could serve on the jury that convicts Trump. Trump is likely to file a motion in federal court to get his trial moved to federal court. This is a privilege given to federal officials charged with state level crimes. 

If the motion does NOT succeed, it'll be a normal Georgia state trial with residents of Fulton County as jurors. If the motion DOES succeed it'll still be a trial on Georgia state criminal law; a conviction would still be considered a Georgia state conviction and therefore not pardonable by the president of the United States, and the jurors will be residents from the federal court Northern Georgia district. 

So, if you live in north Georgia, there's a chance. 

Well, well, well. ;)

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...

Trump Privately Frets He Could Be Headed to Prison

Would he be sent to a “club fed” style prison — or a “bad” one? Would he have Secret Service protection? And what would they make him wear? Those are some of the questions Donald Trump is asking his lawyers as his many trials loom

BY ADAM RAWNSLEY, ASAWIN SUEBSAENG

SEPTEMBER 20, 2023

https://archive.ph/gUYUq

• Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

Snowballing, or (the pessimist in me thinks) falling apart. I worry because the consequences seem very low for the guilty parties thus far.

While I can’t speak to how this will end (I’m admittedly cynical on holding people accountable after a coup), I will say the consequences in exchange for plea deals is a pretty standard operating procedure for courts trying to nail big offenders, mob bosses, corrupt businessmen, etc.  Also the people who flip first tend to get the best deals, and as the need lessens, the consequences get harsher.  Best to sign up to help convict Trump to what I presume will be some form of house arrest and forcible removal from the internet now.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Jman said:

While I can’t speak to how this will end (I’m admittedly cynical on holding people accountable after a coup), I will say the consequences in exchange for plea deals is a pretty standard operating procedure for courts trying to nail big offenders, mob bosses, corrupt businessmen, etc.  Also the people who flip first tend to get the best deals, and as the need lessens, the consequences get harsher.  Best to sign up to help convict Trump to what I presume will be some form of house arrest and forcible removal from the internet now.

I mean, yeah, but subverting votes is pretty high on the list of things the government doesn’t like, so even knowing plea deals get lesser sentences, these seem extremely light. Perhaps it’s because Trump and Giuliani are the real targets.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

I mean, yeah, but subverting votes is pretty high on the list of things the government doesn’t like, so even knowing plea deals get lesser sentences, these seem extremely light. Perhaps it’s because Trump and Giuliani are the real targets.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the people who took pleas all end up in Witness Protection to avoid MAGA retribution.  

“Egg noodles and ketchup for all of you.”

Edited by Jman
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, SwimOdin said:

Isn't that the whole point of RICO though? Carrot-and-stick the little guys to get the big guys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
48 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I thought RICO was something else completely. I only hear it referenced when dumb rappers confess in their lyrics

The first time I heard it was in The Dark Knight. I have full confidence in Harvey Dent in getting a guilty verdict.

• Haha 4