UnevenEdge

What did you have for dinner?

19 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

i made a couple of roasts. sear the meat and veggies, finally potatoes in the broth, get a thick sause. crock pot a few hours. 

a sort of ratatoulle yellow squash, zucchini, onion, and radishes. 

corn on the cob

garlic butter cheese biscuits.

And here we have another mic drop.

• Haha 1

Welp, here's that effortful dinner I promised tonight.

Chicken fried rice, stir-fried in peanut oil with yellow onion, red bell pepper, scrambled egg, carrot and peas, seasoned with soy sauce, fish sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, ground ginger, celery seed, basil and wasabi powder, garnished with scant amounts of Asian red pepper flakes. Beverage of choice: riesling.

20230608_185012.thumb.jpg.78377769b6f645e1abdbb1ac443f2eba.jpg

And it's gluten-free.

Edited by PokeNirvash
Forgot an ingredient.
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Blackrose321 said:

We had hibachi yesterday. My mom had never been and the nearest one to her house is probably an hour away. I didn't tell her about the flames ahead of time. :D

We're taking my son to Sakura on Monday for his birthday. The flames should be right up his alley since I literally have to hide all my lighters now.

I can't be mad because I played with fire too....but my cousin almost burned me alive in my house while he was outside playing with fire and now I trust nothing of flame 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, André Toulon said:

We're taking my son to Sakura on Monday for his birthday. The flames should be right up his alley since I literally have to hide all my lighters now.

I can't be mad because I played with fire too....but my cousin almost burned me alive in my house while he was outside playing with fire and now I trust nothing of flame 

My parents were friends with a family that had a couple of sons my age.  One of the brothers had been "away" because he had a fondness for starting fires.  I remember my folks specifically telling me to never be alone with him.

23 hours ago, eklipse said:

Steamed pork dumplings, egg drop soup, stir fried rice noodles, and other yummy things. Honestly, I feel like I’ve been eating too well lately and need to eat plain oatmeal for a week 😂

32292FB4-DD30-4420-85D4-D781CC13AD3F.jpeg

Whoa, I've always wanted to try making them. They look beautiful!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, eklipse said:

Steamed pork dumplings, egg drop soup, stir fried rice noodles, and other yummy things. Honestly, I feel like I’ve been eating too well lately and need to eat plain oatmeal for a week 😂

32292FB4-DD30-4420-85D4-D781CC13AD3F.jpeg

Those are huge! I bet they were good, too.

I just had pizza from Domino's. *shrugs*

• Like 2

I made spicy ramen (not the cheap packaged stuff, though I can dress those up pretty well too) like seasoned ramen in broth with, corn, carrot, chives, diced onion and lettuce, and I threw in a soft boiled egg.  I had potstickers with it but all I did was heat those up in oil, garlic powder and soy sauce, they were the frozen kind.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Those are huge! I bet they were good, too.

I just had pizza from Domino's. *shrugs*

Haha!  They’re spoon sized.  I should have tried to put something for scale.  And yes, they were super good. 

@Blackrose321 I wish I could make these! We ordered them at a restaurant.  (Ugh I’ve been eating out too much.)

Tonight I had zucchini casserole with kimchi (vegan dish, home cooked).

Edited by eklipse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eklipse said:

Haha!  They’re spoon sized.  I should have tried to put something for scale.  And yes, they were super good. 

@Blackrose321 I wish I could make these! We ordered them at a restaurant.  (Ugh I’ve been eating out too much.)

Tonight I had zucchini casserole with kimchi (vegan dish, home cooked).

I've never had a vegan dish. I've had non-dairy coconut frozen yogurt, but that was because I liked coconut.

31 minutes ago, Gemini said:

I've never had a vegan dish. I've had non-dairy coconut frozen yogurt, but that was because I liked coconut.

It sounds weird but don’t count it out!

For me, eating meat everyday makes me feel sluggish and off, so I try to cut out meat whenever I can.  (After cutting it out as often, I feel better).  But I will still order that prime rib if given the chance.  :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

1 minute ago, eklipse said:

It sounds weird but don’t count it out!

For me, eating meat everyday makes me feel sluggish and off, so I try to cut out meat whenever I can.  (After cutting it out as often, I feel better).  But I will still order that prime rib if given the chance.  :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

The second to last time I went to Outback, I ordered the prime rib and it was awesome so I know how you feel. (Then again, I eat meat daily, but I do like eating fruits and vegetables, too, especially if they're fresh.)

I made Chili & got leftover dessert waffles from the restaurant across the street last night.

Had to poop pretty bad this morning, ran to a porta-potty, it was out of T.P.

Had to run back to the camper, grab my T.P. and run back to the porta-potty...

I need one right outside my camper since it doesn't have a loo

lmk when this is tmi

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Lasty said:

I made Chili & got leftover dessert waffles from the restaurant across the street last night.

Had to poop pretty bad this morning, ran to a porta-potty, it was out of T.P.

Had to run back to the camper, grab my T.P. and run back to the porta-potty...

I need one right outside my camper since it doesn't have a loo

lmk when this is tmi

From the second sentence onward.....:LithiumSmileyLaugh:

8 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I haven’t had oatmeal in a long time.

I will be having green beans, onions, carrots, sausage & seasoning (kind of a casserole, I guess) tonight.

that sounds pretty damn good. 

i had some leffover ratatouille and roast for supper. 

i just still had a little pit in my tummy, figgured oatmeal is better than....chips. i'll have some popcorn later.

i'm trying to drop 20 (who isn't). this time around, i'm doing stretches, mod pullups, mod pushups, and some foot and calve stretching, until i can build up my plantar fasc....tendon thingy. 

but i digress. i only make the old fashioned kind. never was a fan of the instant. they smell good, but taste blech. 

• Thanks 1