UnevenEdge

What did you have for dinner?

Just now, The_annoying_one said:

Thank you for proving my last post, @Vela 🤣

The topic isn't "Who's dinner was better than mine" :LithiumSmileyLaugh: 

Also :painfap:  lol, I'll cook for you...

but it'll cost you this :painfap:

:RoboLaugh::RoboLaugh::RoboLaugh:

41 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

:painfap::painfap::painfap::painfap::painfap:

Oh, I just remembered. I also had some hard apple cider (meh) to drink and a Klondike Bar for a lazy dessert.

Oh!  I have those too!  I got a variety pack of different flavors of cider, local business.  But I only have the chocolate klondikes because that's what my uncle likes and he does most of the shopping, I like the original flavor.

My favorite combo is strongbow cider and a generous drop of black currant concentrate.  I've seen flavored Strongbow online but I haven't tried it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vela said:

Oh!  I have those too!  I got a variety pack of different flavors of cider, local business.  But I only have the chocolate klondikes because that's what my uncle likes and he does most of the shopping, I like the original flavor.

My favorite combo is strongbow cider and a generous drop of black currant concentrate.  I've seen flavored Strongbow online but I haven't tried it. 

This was my first time trying a Klondike bar, and it was vanilla ice cream with chocolate coating. I don't know if that's the original or not.

The cider I had was supposed to be apple-flavored, but I tasted almost no apple. It just tasted like beer. And as anyone who knows me knows (me?), I am not a fan of beer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

This was my first time trying a Klondike bar, and it was vanilla ice cream with chocolate coating. I don't know if that's the original or not.

The cider I had was supposed to be apple-flavored, but I tasted almost no apple. It just tasted like beer. And as anyone who knows me knows (me?), I am not a fan of beer.

Say wut noa?  Lol, you sound like my one neighbor who told me she's never had peanut butter before...no...she's not allergic.

I know, I remember you saying.  I'm not either.  The closest I get to beer is cider.  Let me guess...Angry Orchard?

• Like 1

Just now, Vela said:

Say wut noa?  Lol, you sound like my one neighbor who told me she's never had peanut butter before...no...she's not allergic.

I know, I remember you saying.  I'm not either.  The closest I get to beer is cider.  Let me guess...Angry Orchard?

Never....had....peanut butter? How....what.....I'm not that bad, I hope!

Yes, it was Angry Orchard. I mean, it wasn't horrible. It also wasn't great. They had blueberry-flavored as well. May try that next time.

2 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Never....had....peanut butter? How....what.....I'm not that bad, I hope!

Right?  I just looked at her when she said that to me...literally stopped talking dead in my tracks and was just trying to read her face...was she joking? Was she making shit up? And eventually I said, "Idk how to respond to that." :LithiumSmileyLaugh:  and then, "You were born and raised...in *points to the ground' America, right?"  Which just confused her so I switched topics, lol.  But I still intend on revisiting it with her.  Because it's been long enough now that she might have forgotten that she said it and then I might be able to catch her if it's a lie.  You have to be actively and vigilantly avoiding peanut butter if that's the case and STILL not have at least TRIED it to determine for SURE that you will be continuing to avoid it?  ... .... ...My neighbor has no clue how much time I spend thinking about her and peanut butter 🤣🤣🤣

11 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Yes, it was Angry Orchard. It was horrible. It also wasn't real apple cider. They had blueberry-flavored as well. May try that next time.

Fixed

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vela said:

My basil is doing really well this year so I makeage tuh meatage and cheesage sauce...you thought I was going to say sausage, didn't you...  NO SAUSAGE! :LithiumSmileyAngry: :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

image.png.e168be9f47d708dc135b2ed391f6826f.png                 image.png.df3edf412351756978e4557a956c8d1f.png

That looks delicious!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to believe she was trolling you, Vela. Unless they have severe peanut allergies, it should be impossible for someone to have never tried peanut butter. I would definitely suggest revisiting this with her at some point. I could even be your backup. The kind of backup who just sits in the background with an intense stare, while never actually saying a word, I mean. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

I The kind of backup who just sits in the background with an intense stare, while never actually saying a word, I mean. :LithiumSmileyLaugh:

I...love this.  Thank you for wanting to spend an unnecessary amount of time (unnecessary being any amount of) on getting to the bottom of this unbelievable farce of a claim.  PEACE OF MIND peace of mind, that's all we want.

• Thanks 1

Oh, and yes; the chocolate covered vanilla is the original klondike flavor.

I haven't really thought about why Angry Orchard is the go-to for essentially every grocery store in the States but it basically tastes like watered down beer which is why I get the local stuff because even if it's hit or miss at least I'm supporting local businesses.  My guess would be because hard cider isn't as popular as beer or wine so there's only ever two or three cheap options in the super-markets.  Got to go to an actual liquor store to get cider that doesn't taste like acidic piss xD and even then it's hard to find.  The closest one to me that sells strongbow is 20 or so min away even though there's a liquor store on every corner here.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vela said:

Oh, and yes; the chocolate covered vanilla is the original klondike flavor.

I haven't really thought about why Angry Orchard is the go-to for essentially every grocery store in the States but it basically tastes like watered down beer which is why I get the local stuff because even if it's hit or miss at least I'm supporting local businesses.  My guess would be because hard cider isn't as popular as beer or wine so there's only ever two or three cheap options in the super-markets.  Got to go to an actual liquor store to get cider that doesn't taste like acidic piss xD and even then it's hard to find.  The closest one to me that sells strongbow is 20 or so min away even though there's a liquor store on every corner here.

You know what acidic piss tastes like?

Edited by Gemini
Kidding.
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The_annoying_one said:

I just had Hamburger Helper tonight.

Also drank an Angry Orchard Blueberry Rosè Hard Cider. Much better than that crap last night.

I like hamburger Helper!  Of course I add onions and garlic and what ever else is lying around the house.

It's been a long time since I've had the blueberry but I do remember thinking it was better than original.

Now I want cider.

4 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

Definitely go for the cider, at least. I only drank one, and it (somewhat) took the edge off of the day.

I got the cider and I found...I don't know what to call it...it's like a pepperoni hot-pocket, but not hot-pocket brand.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gemini said:

I'm not gonna lie. I once in a blue moon want to get a six pack of Heineken and drink myself into oblivion.

:LithiumSmileyLaugh:  I'm too old for oblivion level now, I don't like the payback in the morning.  I used to drink men under the table and say nonsense things like it was the Russian side of me.  I say 'nonsense' because although I am part Russian for some reason vodka is my devil drink, I think everybody has one right?

4 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Is it from DiGiorno?

Nope, I didn't recognize the brand.  And I would look but it was a pack of two and I ate one last night and then put the other back in the freezer in it's plastic wrapper and threw the box away.  It's a bit spicy with not enough cheese...but I love cheese as much as you so ... there's never enough cheese.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Vela said:

I had breakfast for dinner tonight:  Cimmmammon french toast..can't see the cinnamon...or the egg really in the pic...I think it's because of the bread I used.

image.png.f2a4d4171bfd8f743681d045106207b3.png

The plating!  😍

And also the food - looks so good!

I had a restaurant sandwich for dinner.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, eklipse said:

The plating!  😍

And also the food - looks so good!

I had a restaurant sandwich for dinner.  

xD Well once I decided to take a pic I then got all fancy with mah fruit, lol.  I almost went all out with bourbon syrup but, lol, I actually really like plain ol' corn syrup and it wouldn't have changed the look of it anyway :LithiumSmileyLaugh: so I stuck with my Mrs. Butterworth's.

What kind of sandwich was it?

• Like 1