UnevenEdge

Brittney Griner freed

André Toulon

5 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I’m glad she’s coming home I guess the dude that’s been a prisoner in Russia 4 years couldn’t get a deal. 

They want him for some reason, even dudes brother was like I'm glad they took a deal they could get instead of wasting time on one that would never happen.

And I'm def glad everything was done as promised to bring her home but the "Dealer of Death" just sounds like a bad trade....I'm not familiar with the guy and the little bit I've read about him is worrying at the very least, but I guess we'll see.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

They want him for some reason, even dudes brother was like I'm glad they took a deal they could get instead of wasting time on one that would never happen.

And I'm def glad everything was done as promised to bring her home but the "Dealer of Death" just sounds like a bad trade....I'm not familiar with the guy and the little bit I've read about him is worrying at the very least, but I guess we'll see.

I do wonder what it's gonna be like to return to Russia and deal with Putin when lots of folks have been falling out of windows lately.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

Idk about the “dealer of death” either but I’m guessing they didn’t get the name for talking sternly to their enemies and then letting them go on their way. 

Paul Whelan was accused of espionage or being a spy, the us says it’s not true, but who knows.  

11 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Idk about the “dealer of death” either but I’m guessing they didn’t get the name for talking sternly to their enemies and then letting them go on their way. 

Paul Whelan was accused of espionage or being a spy, the us says it’s not true, but who knows.  

I'm not saying the guy's not dangerous, but I think I saw a tweet saying he was first arrested in Thailand in 2008. So he's 14 years out the game. I don't really see what he can do that younger folk with better current contacts can't do for Russia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DragonSinger said:

I'm not saying the guy's not dangerous, but I think I saw a tweet saying he was first arrested in Thailand in 2008. So he's 14 years out the game. I don't really see what he can do that younger folk with better current contacts can't do for Russia.

Idk it probably won’t take long for him to get back into arms dealing if he chooses to.  His name alone could probably get him right back in the game. The other guy that’s still locked up was an ex marine discharged for dishonorable reasons, his background was going to make it impossible to get him out. 

As for Griner I’m not so sure that was even her vape. For all we know the russians saw a gigantic gay black female bball player and decided to fuck her over. 

• Like 2

I’ve been reading that this dealer of death guy might not be free. He might serve time for crimes wherever he’s going next, or be murdered. Apparently he cooperated with law enforcement but I gotta dive in some more. Honestly Idt anyone would be complaining about this if it was Lebron James or Steph Curry in her place.  Also idk if anyone noticed but she wasn’t doing well and might’ve died before she finished her sentence. Each time they showed her on the news she looked worse or was limping. Overall I’m glad she’s released and didn’t deserve to potentially lose a decade of her life for a small amount of cbd 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ginguy said:

So Russia gets the literal Lord of War and we get a basketball player who hates America....

what-why.gif

Where do you get that she hated America?  Because she made some criticism you don’t agree with?  

oh I see she didn’t want the national anthem sung before games and she’d wait in the locker room until it was over. That definitely doesn’t equate to hating America. So fuckin stupid people are to insist she hates America 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1pooh4u said:

Where do you get that she hated America?  Because she made some criticism you don’t agree with?  

oh I see she didn’t want the national anthem sung before games and she’d wait in the locker room until it was over. That definitely doesn’t equate to hating America. So fuckin stupid people are to insist she hates America 

You know motherfuckers like him still don't get why they lost Georgia.

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Idk it probably won’t take long for him to get back into arms dealing if he chooses to.  His name alone could probably get him right back in the game. The other guy that’s still locked up was an ex marine discharged for dishonorable reasons, his background was going to make it impossible to get him out. 

I had to look him up.  Got booted from the Marine Corps after being convicted of larceny, it seems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

You know motherfuckers like him still don't get why they lost Georgia.

I had to look him up.  Got booted from the Marine Corps after being convicted of larceny, it seems.

Yup I’m already sick of seeing “they left a retired marine to rot for an ungrateful bball player” he didn’t retire he was fired he’s no better than Griner or the other dude that was a teacher also incarcerated for marijuana possession. 

tired of people thinking just cuz a person served in the military that makes them better and somehow more deserving of things than anyone else you know who also was in the military?  Jeffrey Dahmer. 

• Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Ginguy said:

So Russia gets the literal Lord of War and we get a basketball player who hates America....

what-why.gif

As long as you and yours don't publicly slam a shitheel for demanding the termination of the Constitution and the immediate installation of said shitheel into office, you can say nothing about whether someone does or doesn't 'hate' America.

Much like most of the dictionary, you don't know what that word means anymore either.

• Thanks 3

To be clear, those comparisons are entirely the product of an ideological proxy war fought by disingenuous individuals and are unfair to Paul, Trevor and Britney.  All of them are/were being unjustly detained and their past has nothing to do with how or why they were kidnapped.

That being said, I think Paul's military service and subsequent court martial most certainly have bearing here.  He was supposedly convicted of stealing or attempting to steal $10,000 from the military, which is a fairly paltry amount but more than enough for the Russians to frame him as a greedy stooge for the US Government.  The fact that they're balking at negotiating for him suggests that he serves a purpose other than to be a bargaining chip for Russian criminals on foreign soil.

All things aside, The Merchant of Death is a dope nickname.

Honestly, if I was Putin, I'd trade for him just so we could watch The Lord of War together.

- "Ok, so, how accurate is this scene?"

- "This never happened."

- "No? How about the plane scene with the Africans?"

- "This is a movie. Nicolas Cage doesn't even kill anybody."

- "Oh, so you killed some people."

- "They call me The Merchant of Death. What do you think?"

- "That...you're in sales."

• Haha 5

On 12/8/2022 at 11:43 AM, 1pooh4u said:

As for Griner I’m not so sure that was even her vape. For all we know the russians saw a gigantic gay black female bball player and decided to fuck her over.

Yeah, I've read that basically she checked off every box for Putin to illustrate the "excesses" of what he claims is the West's decline, so prosecuting her in particular sent the most potent message.

I'ma try to find where I read that but it's probably been a month, because you literally just paraphrased it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Yeah, I've read that basically she checked off every box for Putin to illustrate the "excesses" of what he claims is the West's decline, so prosecuting her in particular sent the most potent message.

I'ma try to find where I read that but it's probably been a month, because you literally just paraphrased it.

She wasn’t so much arrested as she was kidnapped 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

TenseScornfulHart-size_restricted.gif.d2b061d40e630053d1342ebb8d4cbc59.gif

Do you know what he meant.... because I saw this post and didn't quite see the correlation. 

I mean, we gave up an arms dealer but he's not the one selling guns to our domestic terrorists....

I figure Jinny is super smart and handsome so I assume I'm missing something that solidifies context.

Edited by André Toulon