UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

LAT has been a reliable endorsement for Democrats for 20 years.

Harris breaks that streak.

I read the LA Times article on this. And lol. I means, it's obvious who they would've endorsed if the billionaire owner didn't come in swinging his dick around. Seems last time he did something like this, some of his staff walked. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

I regret yelling at Jman about it but there’s really no need for it to even have any media attention again.

.38 Special can support Harris. Damon Wayans can support Harris. A mall Santa in Oregon can support Harris. Fucking anyone else at all.

Of course, I don't have any interest in impacting votes on the matter.

It was good to see someone keep Walz accountable, even if the issue is nill in significance. I appreciated that even though it's a non-issue insofar as it doesn't chanhge my vote and he was walking a political tightrope, he did seem to actually try to answer the question once Stewart called him on the politician doublespeak.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I dont necessarily disagree that people turning on Trump could cost him.There is a big difference between who is turning on Trump and who is turning on Harris.

Trump has former staffers, and ex-office holders, turning on him. While this speaks more to his character, Liz Cheney is not going to make people question Trump. Theres also the supreme irony that Dick Cheney has endorsed Harris. The same Dick Cheny who the Left has spent years saying is a war criminal and deserves to be tried and sent to jail for life.

Harris is losing people currently in office. That has a much more immediate and visual impact on things. If people are happy with their Senator, and that Senator starts to hug Trump, they may decide that its OK to also vote for Trump. Thats a very real danger for Harris.

Trump has also been shedding people since basically day 1 in his office. People are a bit immune to that news. This is a new phenomenon for Harris, and its a new thing in the news. Harris is still not a well defined candidate at all, largely at her own fault for not doing media availability. Trump is Trump, and everyone knows what Trump is. It took a literal bullet hitting his ear to change his image.

Do we really think Bob Casey's opinion matters though? The entire point of what you posted seems to be that he feels vulnerable so he's scraping the bottom of the barrel for Trump supporters. If he's actually at risk, enough so to go back on his original opinion that Trump should be impeached, then he's not really in a position to have widespread influence over Democrats, obviously.

Trump has also been shedding people since basically day 1 in his office. People are a bit immune to that news. - Trump thinks his daughter is sexy, has some weird preoccupation with Arnold Palmer's penis, and just told the entire world that Barron is a virgin. His supporters are posting signs saying they love (white) felons. His supporters are immune to decency and common sense, we've always known that.

Harris is still not a well defined candidate at all, largely at her own fault for not doing media availability. - Trump has walked out of interviews and fled all debates with Kamala. He doesn't understand tariffs, he says we'll never have to vote again if he wins, and he passes laws and rolls back policies to aid corporations, examples of which I've outlined for you before. What this literally comes down to is, "I know Trump is a shitty guy but I don't know enough about his opponent". His support boils down to a cult of personality, you can't fight that kind of fanaticism. 

Trump is Trump, and everyone knows what Trump is. - Exactly, nothing Kamala does will matter, she could end the immigration crisis and we'd still be talking about her hair or something. So I'm not really worried about anyone peeling support away from her, you are either with Trump and his corporations or you're with Kamala and your own best interests, that won't change at this point. You either care more about the culture war or policy, and we've found that the average American votes like they're watching American Idol.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

LAT has been a reliable endorsement for Democrats for 20 years.

Harris breaks that streak.

Let's investigate why that might be.

Semafor’s media editor Max Tani got the inside scoop, writing Tuesday that the board originally planned to extend its four-election streak of backing Democratic presidential candidates. But, according to the outlet’s unnamed sources, LA Times owner Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, a former surgeon who grew immensely wealthy in the pharmaceutical industry, decided the board wouldn’t release an endorsement. According to Semafor, Soon-Shiong also shut down the editorial board’s Democratic primary endorsement in 2020, before allowing it to officially back Joe Biden the following fall.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/la-times-presidential-endorsement-2024-19854770.php

Who is Patrick Soon-Shiong?

https://www.statnews.com/2016/11/21/trump-soon-shiong/

Another one of Trump's billionaire friends.

He has been a minority owner of the Los Angeles Lakers since 2010, and since June 2018, he has been the owner and executive chairman of the Los Angeles Times.

He has been called the richest man in Los Angeles and one of the wealthiest doctors in the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Soon-Shiong

So it sounds like he took over in 2018, after Trump already won in 2016. Then in 2020, he pushed back against supporting Biden and this year he won out altogether.

So this is another nothingburger. Harris didn't break the streak, a billionaire gaming the system did. Just like Trump, and just like all the other examples I gave you of Trump showing favoritism to corporations. It's so blatant I don't get why you don't care.

Edited by Blackrose321
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

lol Giuliani has to give his NYC penthouse and World Series rings to the election workers he almost got killed because of his lies about the 2020 election 

https://www.npr.org/2024/10/22/nx-s1-5161612/rudy-giuliani-defamation-lawsuit-watches-apartment

He does not have to give the World Series rings or his Florida condo for now because those assets are tied up in another litigation 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blackrose321 said:

It's so blatant I don't get why you don't care.

I have an insanely high tolerance toward people's bullshit. I put up with being verbally abused by a guy who decided I was discriminating against him for being in a wheelchair over a phone call in a corporate office that prevented me from ever seeing customers for at least 40 minutes so I could get enough information out of him to file the dispute for, like, 30 bucks. I didn’t have to stay on the call. I probably could've cut the call after a few minutes. I try to not assume malice or stupidity.

Bitch be one or both, though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

As much as I try to tolerate the kid, there is no way he would have made this situation into something worth reading.

"So, uh, it's raining................. I'm probably going to die, as you can see................................ Whatever, I'll be fine."

• Haha 2

Bidens mental status continues to be a huge problem for Harris. Everyone knows that Bidens mental state is, at best, severely diminished. Anyone paying attention knew its been that way for a long time. Its the primary reason why he is not running again.

Harris cant say that though, because she would have to admit that she knew he is mentally incapable of being POTUS, and she would have seen it first hand. She has to continue to lie to everyone that Biden is totally capable of being POTUS even though we all can see with our own eyes that he is not.

Its a completely unwinnable position for her.

• Haha 2
  • D'oh 3

He’s not the candidate because he was polling worse than his sunsetting, clearly lost-his-fastball opponent, and the media is in the tank for Trump because he’s a clown that gets ratings. The orange man’s age is not covered with the same scrutiny as Biden’s. Let’s just be honest, for once.

• Thanks 8

4 hours ago, naraku360 said:

"So, uh, it's raining................. I'm probably going to die, as you can see................................ Whatever, I'll be fine."

"Mom's out of cigarettes so I'll be going to the 7-11 later if I'm not dead."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Bidens mental status continues to be a huge problem for Harris. Everyone knows that Bidens mental state is, at best, severely diminished. Anyone paying attention knew its been that way for a long time. Its the primary reason why he is not running again.

Harris cant say that though, because she would have to admit that she knew he is mentally incapable of being POTUS, and she would have seen it first hand. She has to continue to lie to everyone that Biden is totally capable of being POTUS even though we all can see with our own eyes that he is not.

Its a completely unwinnable position for her.

The "anyone"  you're referring to are all low intelligence Republicans. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Neither can anyone looking at the screenshot since it's a random phone number and most of the message is cut off.

This sorry excuse of trolling is genuinely pitiful.

Is that what's going on....I thought it was stoke induced masturbation

But since I wanted to see if this pos replacement phone could take screenshots 

Omfg, and they take an hour to upload.

I'll rather just not have a phone...wtf is this

Screenshot_20241023-143636.png