UnevenEdge

2024 Presidential Elections: the schadenfreude commences

NewBluntsworth

1 hour ago, discolé monade said:

oh my

not on the 9th hole?

also...just to stop you. yes. it's gearing up for the gun portion of the hunting season down these parts. 

Damn guys, stop missing.

3 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

Jman you’re a smart and credible guy and no one’s gonna take that away from you, but you really don’t have to share that useless shit more than once.

It’s not about playing a purity test. You just shouldn’t give a shit about the endorsements of conservative warmongers! Icarus doesn’t need KARL ROVE’S meat in his mouth just because he saw a viral tweet on Twitter!

Chill.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

Chill.

It’s pissed me off all week because it has no bearing or reasoning to anything. They can do practically anything else in the world besides suddenly be a kiss-ass to the RNC, but I’m a Puritan for saying that.

No one from the past is vindicated or exempt just because Trump exists. ANYONE can endorse Kamala. How hard is it to not thank Bush or Cheney for anything?

Now taking bets as to whether or not he's going to be making the rounds wearing a diaper completely covering his head while online ads try to make even more money on how their messiah cheated death yet again. 

His hair might have received irreparable wind burn from the Secret Service firing so close to him. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Poking something already dead is one thing but if the kid killed it then alarm bells should be ringing 

McDonald's triad: abusing/killing small animals, enuresis, and starting fires.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

He’s a fuckin psycho. He enjoys fuckin with dead animals that he just happens to come across 

His voice sounds profoundly ghoulish. I can't stand to hear it for even a second. I don't care how ableist that sounds.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Insipid said:

His voice sounds profoundly ghoulish. I can't stand to hear it for even a second. I don't care how ableist that sounds.

It’s ok to say it.  RFK Jr isn’t suffering the consequences of an ableist society. 

• Like 2

Trump blames Biden and Harris’ rhetoric for the second attempt when he actually should be thanking Biden for giving him more secret service protection.  He wasn’t shot because his increased security, which we pay for, was able to spot the guy before anything happened. 

Biden needs to give Harris an assist and mention that in a way that doesn’t make him sound like a dick

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4881928-trump-blames-biden-harris-violence/amp/

• Like 3

19 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

It’s pissed me off all week because it has no bearing or reasoning to anything. They can do practically anything else in the world besides suddenly be a kiss-ass to the RNC, but I’m a Puritan for saying that.

No one from the past is vindicated or exempt just because Trump exists. ANYONE can endorse Kamala. How hard is it to not thank Bush or Cheney for anything?

john-cusack-chill.gif

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

I get it...I'm with you, not going to suddenly act like Bush and Cheney weren't season one Vegeta and Napa, and no amount of helping fight Frieza changes that, but I kinda think being pissed that they are doing their own brand of pot stirring is wasted energy. They really have no relevance in this race for you or I but they may sway a few morons from doing the bullshit they are conditioned to

• Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

I get it...I'm with you, not going to suddenly act like Bush and Cheney weren't season one Vegeta and Napa, and no amount of helping fight Frieza changes that, but I kinda think being pissed that they are doing their own brand of pot stirring is wasted energy. They really have no relevance in this race for you or I but they may sway a few morons from doing the bullshit they are conditioned to

When Bush went Super Republican God against Broly it was fire

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, André Toulon said:

If it convinces stupid people then it convinces stupid people. But just the sheer framing of it fucking sucks.

He posted those links with the absolute intention of “DARRRRRRR DAE ALL AINT SO BAD YOU GUYSHHHH!” And then he brushes that shit off as if their own administration didn’t affect me either. I might be wasting my time getting mad about it, but he’s also wasting his own time purposely sharing dumb shit.

• Like 1

No, I posted them to point out that Trump is just that an existential threat to democracy as a whole that it’s created very strange bedfellows.

Cheney saying Trump is too fascist to govern doesn’t make light of all the shit he did (such as the Iraq invasion) but it points out that Trump is just that much worse.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

If it convinces stupid people then it convinces stupid people. But just the sheer framing of it fucking sucks.

He posted those links with the absolute intention of “DARRRRRRR DAE ALL AINT SO BAD YOU GUYSHHHH!” And then he brushes that shit off as if their own administration didn’t affect me either. I might be wasting my time getting mad about it, but he’s also wasting his own time purposely sharing dumb shit.

You're talking about Jman like he's Ginguy or MD, which is rather uncharitable considering his previous history just in this thread alone.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, naraku360 said:

You're talking about Jman like he's Ginguy or MD, which is rather uncharitable considering his previous history just in this thread alone.

I gave him an insanely fair response before and he brushed it off. I know good and well he’s not the core of the problem if I’ve already been ranting about it before. I’m not smearing him, and he couldn’t give two shits about my opinion to begin with, so he’s far from the victim.

29 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Wait.....are you mad at Buhaney, or a Jman. Because I was just talking about vitriol towards those idiots is wasted.... whatever you and J got going on is cool with me. 

• Haha 2

Just now, André Toulon said:

Wait.....are you mad at Buhaney, or a Jman. Because I was just talking about vitriol towards those idiots is wasted.... whatever you and J got going on is cool with me. 

Jman again is perfectly A-OK.

What he’s been peddling nonchalantly isn’t. But I’ve seen that throughout the majority of the week outside of here before he started playing those pipes.

Just now, [classic swim] said:

Jman again is perfectly A-OK.

What he’s been peddling nonchalantly isn’t. But I’ve seen that throughout the majority of the week outside of here before he started playing those pipes.

Okay, I think I get it, even if it wasn’t really my intention.  I’ve been posting news stories mostly about endorsement and the like.  Like I said, the interest to me is about the strange bipartisanship that is forming to deal with Trump, even if said bipartisanship is being done out of self interest over any sort of actual patriotism.

You, however, are presuming this to be a form of whitewashing, despite the shit that was pulled during the Reagan and Bush Administrations, trickle down economics which we know don’t work, using legitimate national security concerns about Afghanistan to justify a war in Iraq, loosening environmental regulations to benefit businesses, and other things I neglected to mention.  I am not whitewashing the actions of the former administrations, but considering how many hard R supporters view the GOP as their government, no ifs, ands, or buts, it is interesting to see how people who they voted for going against the current sycophantic MAGA party has any effect on them.   And that is worth reporting, even if their actions are ultimately hollow, or the bare minimum of patriotic duty.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, [classic swim] said:

Man, you acting like you're fucking scoobdog or something.  Don't act like that motherfucker.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Poking something already dead is one thing but if the kid killed it then alarm bells should be ringing 

I think the issue was the ramping up of the poking of the dead thing in order to see just how squished out the guts could get. 

Anyone who grew up in the country has definitely poked a dead thing. But I've never had to steamroll a dead vole with a twig to see its eyes pop out. Some people just know there is a limit and if you cross it, a horrible lesson is learned.

Side story that only vaguely ties in to this thread on the ground that RFK Jr definitely would have done this.

Spoiler

Dude I worked with decades ago had an idiot friend. One day he, another non-idiot and the idiot were out running around being stupid teenagers in the country when they came across a very bloated dead cow laying on its back. Most people know you don't touch the dead things that are bloated because they'll probably leak or spray. This cow was super bloated and his idiot friend was extra idiot. Idiot took a stick and decided to poke the cow. Everyone else took off running because...bloated cow. It didn't leak. It didn't spray. It EXPLODED. Dude said the ground shook a little and then it was raining maggots everywhere. Idiot friend was not allowed in the car until he stripped because he was the one right at the center of an exploding bloody maggot balloon.  

On 9/15/2024 at 4:19 PM, Jman said:

Initial reports was that it was two people shooting by each other, with no idea Trump was there.  No sympathy this time.

Edit - It’s being investigated as another assassin. I get you have to, due diligence, but still. It’s just obnoxious because the asshole needs people to try to kill him to get sympathy.

I heard it was the Secret Service firing on the guy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

I heard it was the Secret Service firing on the guy

Both right.

It was two guys shooting by each other. They just happened to be Secret Service agents firing on a dude hiding in a bush with a gun that had apparently been hiding there for hours because Dumpster's golf courses are so secure. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jman said:

In actual news not dealing with loitering disgruntled Republicans or endorsements, Iowa, a solid red state, is only +4 for Trump right now.

the annenberg survery is the one to look out for.

although, i took the advice of some here, and this go around marked 'yes' for nuclear submarine driver. 

i'm thinking i'll be disqualified from future survey's. this last one was basically like the one before. i took screen shots, but i'm too lazy to look for them. 

please don't press me. 

• Like 2

Now Trump is mentioning Charleroi, PA's Haitian immigrants. The funny thing is I had a discussion about there earlier this year because my grandfather from my father's side grew up there. Pittsburgh is still very white compared to most American metro areas, and some racist assholes here think any amount of diversity is bad.

Also, Buffalo Bill's house from the Silence of the Lambs is close to Charleroi. Hmm, did I just discover why Trump is obsessed with Hannibal Lector? 😱

• Haha 4