UnevenEdge

Royal Family heading to be by Queens side

Sawdy

1 hour ago, Sawdy said:

Kiiiinnggg of the whoooo?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/12/anti-monarchy-protester-charged-with-a-breach-of-the-peace-edinburgh-queen-death-king

so… he doesn’t pay taxes… and I learned today that the royal family doesn’t need passports for international travel???

17199050-1C4A-432E-9DBC-EA302A249967.jpeg

FD8C79D0-0F10-4294-888E-D18A5E6E7827.png

B9ECFA54-13C6-438B-88F7-B2EF644B421D.png

English citizens don’t enjoy the same freedoms that we do. I watch last week tonight with John Oliver and a few times he explained to viewers in the US that viewers in the UK were seeing some ridiculous picture because it’s against British law to use images of parliament for comedic purposes 

my long winded way of saying none of this surprises me

On 9/8/2022 at 2:33 PM, Master-Debater131 said:

TIL that they simply change "God save the Queen" to "God save the King" for their national anthem.

I legitimately had no idea what they did when there was a change of monarch. I thought it would be an entirely new song. Nope, just change one word.

Someone's going to have to change the sex pistols song too.

On 9/10/2022 at 9:20 AM, 1pooh4u said:

King Charles III told Prince Harry that his wife wouldn’t be welcome and that Kate wasn’t going either I’m sure race played no part at all 🙄 

I guess the British way is to watch loved ones die without the support of their spouses?

https://pagesix.com/2022/09/10/king-charles-told-harry-not-to-bring-meghan-markle-to-balmoral/amp/

I was going to make a joke about it being because of the Epstein adventures, but turns out that's the guy getting corgis.

So Im watching the procession right now into Westminster Abby and its interesting seeing how this all plays out. All sorts of tradition that the world hasnt really seen in 70 years.

Its also interesting seeing the reactions between the family members. Charles and William are pretty clearly grieving and look like they want to be anywhere but there. Harry looks like hes trying to figure out what moves to make on his fantasy football team.

2 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

So Im watching the procession right now into Westminster Abby and its interesting seeing how this all plays out. All sorts of tradition that the world hasnt really seen in 70 years.

Its also interesting seeing the reactions between the family members. Charles and William are pretty clearly grieving and look like they want to be anywhere but there. Harry looks like hes trying to figure out what moves to make on his fantasy football team.

I'm sure Harry is pretty done with his family with how they've treated his family. Can't blame him.

16 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Andrew is putting his dick in kids

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

Does the UK have the hippocratic oath for the doctors of their country? Because this sure as fuck violates our hippocratic oath.

The Hippocratic Oath is not legally binding, unless an oath made to the gods Apollo and Aesculapius are considered by the court to be so. It is considered to be a guide to how a moral physician conducts himself.

It is not "ours," seeing that Hippocrates himself was Greek, and it is cited by physicians and their critics all over the world.

Finally, the UK's NHS is run by the government. This was an administrative decision, not a clinical one, and I'll bet my bottom dollar that clinical staff is just as pissed as the patients about the delay of essential services.

Edited by mthor
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Harry probably has no idea where he fits in.  That being said, trying to gauge level of grief based on appearance is pretty terrible.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lemming said:

So is it widely accepted that the torch has officially been passed? I found this interesting https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/magazine/2022/09/09/55-things-you-need-to-know-about-king-charles-iii-00055898

something wrong with your link, mate. 

;!(i=e()).done;){var s=i.value;s instanceof Error&&!n?n=f(s):(r&&(r+=" "),r+=s)}return n?r&&(n.message=r+": "+n.message):n=new Error(r),n}function v(t){var i,n;null===(i=(n=self).__AMP_REPORT_ERROR)||void 0===i||i.call(n,t)}function d(t){var i=l.apply(null,arguments);setTimeout((function(){throw v(i),i}))}function m(t){var i=l.apply(null,arguments);return i.expected=!0,i}function p(t){return(p="function"==typeof Symbol&&"symbol"==typeof Symbol.iterator?function(t){return typeof t}:function(t){return t&&"function"==typeof Symbol&&t.constructor===Symbol&&t!==Symbol.prototype?"symbol":typeof t})(t)}var g=Object.prototype,b=g.hasOwnProperty,y=g.toString;function w(t){return"[object Object]"===y.call(t)}function A(t){var i=Object.create(null);return t&&Object.assign(i,t),i}function x(t,i){return b.call(t,i)}function E(t){var i=A();for(var n in t)if(x(t,n)){var r=t[n];i[n]=w(r)?E(r):r}return i}var P=/^[a-z][a-z0-9._]*-[a-z0-9._-]*$/,O=["annotation-xml","color-profile","font-face","font-face-src","font-face-uri","font-face-format","font-face-name","missing-glyph"],I={"childList":!0,"subtree":!0};function M(t,i){if(!P.test(i)||O.includes(i))throw new t('invalid custom element name "'.concat(i,'"'))}var T=function(){function t(t,i){this.t=t,this.rn=i,this.un=A()}var i=t.prototype;return i.define=function(t,i,n){this.rn.define(t,i,n);var r=this.un,e=r[t];e&&(e.resolve(),delete r[t])},i.get=function(t){var i=this.rn.getByName(t);if(i)return i.ctor},i.whenDefined=function(t){var i=this.t;if(i.Promise,M(i.SyntaxError,t),this.rn.getByName(t))return h();var n=this.un,r=n[t];return r||(r=new a,n[t]=r),r.promise},i.upgrade=function(t){this.rn.upgrade(t)},t}(),S=function(){function t(t){this.t=t,this.en=A(),this.on="",this.fn=null,this.ln=null,this.an=[t.document]}var i=t.prototype;return i.current=function(){var t=this.fn;return this.fn=null,t},i.getByName=function(t){var i=this.en[t];if(i)return i},i.getByConstructor=function(t){var i=this.en;for(var n in i){var r=i[n];if(r.ctor===t)return r}},i.define=function(t,i,n){var r=this.t,e=r.Error,s=r.SyntaxError;if(n)throw new e("Extending native custom elements is not supported");if(M(s,t),this.getByName(t)||this.getByConstructor(i))throw new e('duplicate definition "'.concat(t,'"'));this.en[t]={name:t,ctor:i},this.sn(t);for(var u,h=o(this.an,!0);!(u=h()).done;){var a=u.value;this.upgrade(a,t)}},i.upgrade=function(t,i){for(var n,r=!!i,e=i||this.on,s=o(this.vn(t,e),!0);!(n=s()).done;){var u=n.value;r?this.hn(u):this.upgradeSelf(u)}},i.upgradeSelf=function(t){var i=this.getByName(t.localName);i&&this.dn(t,i)},i.vn=function(t,i){return i&&t.querySelectorAll?t.querySelectorAll(i):[]},i.dn=function(t,i){var n=i.ctor;if(!(t instanceof n)){this.fn=t;try{if(new n!==t)throw new this.t.Error("Constructor illegally returned a different instance.")}catch(t){d(t)}}},i.hn=function(t){var i=this.getByName(t.localName);if(i&&(t=t,this.dn(t,i),t.connectedCallback))try{t.connectedCallback()}catch(t){d(t)}},i.pn=function(t){if((t=t).disconnectedCallback)try{t.disconnectedCallback()}catch(t){d(t)}},i.sn=function(t){var i=this;if(this.on)this.on+=",".concat(t);else{this.on=t;var n=new this.t.MutationObserver((function(t){t&&i.yn(t)}));this.ln=n;for(var r,e=o(this.an,!0);!(r=e()).done;){var s=r.value;n.observe(s,I)}!function(t,i){var n,r=t.Document,e=t.Element,s=t.Node,u=t.document,o=r.prototype,h=e.prototype,a=s.prototype,c=o.createElement,f=o.importNode,l=a.appendChild,v=a.cloneNode,d=a.insertBefore,m=a.removeChild,p=a.replaceChild;o.createElement=function(t){var n=i.getByName(t);return n?new n.ctor:c.apply(this,arguments)},o.importNode=function(){var t=f.apply(this,arguments);return t&&this===u&&(i.upgradeSelf(t),i.upgrade(t)),t},a.appendChild=function(){var t=l.apply(this,arguments);return i.sync(),t},a.insertBefore=function(){var t=d.apply(this,arguments);return i.sync(),t},a.removeChild=function(){var t=m.apply(this,arguments);return i.sync(),t},a.replaceChild=function(){var t=p.apply(this,arguments);return i.sync(),t},a.cloneNode=function(){var t=v.apply(this,arguments);return t.ownerDocument===u&&(i.upgradeSelf(t),i.upgrade(t)),t};var g=h,b=Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(g,"innerHTML");if(b||(g=Object.getPrototypeOf(t.HTMLElement.prototype),b=Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(g,"innerHTML")),null!==(n=b)&&void 0!==n&&n.configurable){var y=b.set;b.set=function(t){y.call(this,t),i.upgrade(this)},Object.defineProperty(g,"innerHTML",b)}}(this.t,this)}},i.observe=function(t){this.an.push(t),this.ln&&this.ln.observe(t,I)},i.sync=function(){this.ln&&this.yn(this.ln.takeRecords())},i.yn=function(t){for(var i,n=o(t,!0);!(i=n()).done;){var r=i.value;if(r){for(var e,s=r.addedNodes,u=r.removedNodes,h=o(s,!0);!(e=h()).done;){var a=e.value,c=this.vn(a,this.on);this.hn(a);for(var f,l=o(c,!0);!(f=l()).done;){var v=f.value;this.hn(v)}}for(var d,m=o(u,!0);!(d=m()).done;){var p=d.value,g=this.vn(p,this.on);this.pn(p);for(var b,y=o(g,!0);!(b=y()).done;){var w=b.value;this.pn(w)}}}}},t}();function R(t,i){i.prototype=Object.create(t.prototype,{constructor:{configurable:!0,writable:!0,value:i}}),_(i,t)}function _(t,i){Object.setPrototypeOf?Object.setPrototypeOf(t,i):{__proto__:{"test":!0}}.test?t.__proto__=i:function(t,i){for(var n=i;null!==n&&!Object.isPrototypeOf.call(n,t);){for(var r,e=o(Object.getOwnPropertyNames(n),!0);!(r=e()).done;){var s=r.value;if(!Object.hasOwnProperty.call(t,s)){var u=Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(n,s);Object.defineProperty(t,s,u)}}n=Object.getPrototypeOf(n)}}(t,i)}function k(t){return t==this||this.documentElement.contains(t)}function C(t,i,n){return i in t?Object.defineProperty(t,i,{value:n,enumerable:!0,configurable:!0,writable:!0}):t[i]=n,t}function N(t,i){var n=Object.keys(t);if(Object.getOwnPropertySymbols){var r=Object.getOwnPropertySymbols(t);i&&(r=r.filter((function(i){return Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(t,i).enumerable}))),n.push.apply(n,r)}return n}function D(t){for(var i=1;i<arguments.length;i++){var n=null!=arguments[i]?arguments[i]:{};i%2?N(Object(n),!0).forEach((function(i){C(t,i,n[i])})):Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptors?Object.defineProperties(t,Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptors(n)):N(Object(n)).forEach((function(i){Object.defineProperty(t,i,Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(n,i))}))}return t}function j(t,i){return(j=Object.setPrototypeOf||function(t,i){return t.__proto__=i,t})(t,i)}function U(t,i){if("function"!=typeof i&&null!==i)throw new TypeError("Super expression must either be null or a function");t.prototype=Object.create(i&&i.prototype,{constructor:{value:t,writable:!0,configurable:!0}}),i&&j(t,i)}function L(t){return(L=Object.setPrototypeOf?Object.getPrototypeOf:function(t){return t.__proto__||Object.getPrototypeOf(t)})(t)}function z(t,i){if(i&&("object"===p(i)||"function"==typeof i))return i;if(void 0!==i)throw new TypeError("Derived constructors may only return object or undefined");return function(t){if(void 0===t)throw new ReferenceError("this hasn't been initialised - super() hasn't been called");return t}(t)}function H(t){var i=function(){if("undefined"==typeof Reflect||!Reflect.construct)return!1;if(Reflect.construct.sham)return!1;if("function"==typeof Proxy)return!0;try{return Boolean.prototype.valueOf.call(Reflect.construct(Boolean,[],(function(){}))),!0}catch(t){return!1}}();return function(){var n,r=L(t);if(i){var e=L(this).constructor;n=Reflect.construct(r,arguments,e)}else n=r.apply(this,arguments);return z(this,n)}}function G(t){return t?Array.prototype.slice.call(t):[]}var V=Array.isArray;function F(t){return V(t)?t:[t]}func
;!(i=e()).done;){var s=i.value;s instanceof Error&&!n?n=f(s):(r&&(r+=" "),r+=s)}return n?r&&(n.message=r+": "+n.message):n=new Error(r),n}function v(t){var i,n;null===(i=(n=self).__AMP_REPORT_ERROR)||void 0===i||i.call(n,t)}function d(t){var i=l.apply(null,arguments);setTimeout((function(){throw v(i),i}))}function m(t){var i=l.apply(null,arguments);return i.expected=!0,i}function p(t){return(p="function"==typeof Symbol&&"symbol"==typeof Symbol.iterator?function(t){return typeof t}:function(t){return t&&"function"==typeof Symbol&&t.constructor===Symbol&&t!==Symbol.prototype?"symbol":typeof t})(t)}var g=Object.prototype,b=g.hasOwnProperty,y=g.toString;function w(t){return"[object Object]"===y.call(t)}function A(t){var i=Object.create(null);return t&&Object.assign(i,t),i}function x(t,i){return b.call(t,i)}function E(t){var i=A();for(var n in t)if(x(t,n)){var r=t[n];i[n]=w(r)?E(r):r}return i}var P=/^[a-z][a-z0-9._]*-[a-z0-9._-]*$/,O=["annotation-xml","color-profile","font-face","font-face-src","font-face-uri","font-face-format","font-face-name","missing-glyph"],I={"childList":!0,"subtree":!0};function M(t,i){if(!P.test(i)||O.includes(i))throw new t('invalid custom element name "'.concat(i,'"'))}var T=function(){function t(t,i){this.t=t,this.rn=i,this.un=A()}var i=t.prototype;return i.define=function(t,i,n){this.rn.define(t,i,n);var r=this.un,e=r[t];e&&(e.resolve(),delete r[t])},i.get=function(t){var i=this.rn.getByName(t);if(i)return i.ctor},i.whenDefined=function(t){var i=this.t;if(i.Promise,M(i.SyntaxError,t),this.rn.getByName(t))return h();var n=this.un,r=n[t];return r||(r=new a,n[t]=r),r.promise},i.upgrade=function(t){this.rn.upgrade(t)},t}(),S=function(){function t(t){this.t=t,this.en=A(),this.on="",this.fn=null,this.ln=null,this.an=[t.document]}var i=t.prototype;return i.current=function(){var t=this.fn;return this.fn=null,t},i.getByName=function(t){var i=this.en[t];if(i)return i},i.getByConstructor=function(t){var i=this.en;for(var n in i){var r=i[n];if(r.ctor===t)return r}},i.define=function(t,i,n){var r=this.t,e=r.Error,s=r.SyntaxError;if(n)throw new e("Extending native custom elements is not supported");if(M(s,t),this.getByName(t)||this.getByConstructor(i))throw new e('duplicate definition "'.concat(t,'"'));this.en[t]={name:t,ctor:i},this.sn(t);for(var u,h=o(this.an,!0);!(u=h()).done;){var a=u.value;this.upgrade(a,t)}},i.upgrade=function(t,i){for(var n,r=!!i,e=i||this.on,s=o(this.vn(t,e),!0);!(n=s()).done;){var u=n.value;r?this.hn(u):this.upgradeSelf(u)}},i.upgradeSelf=function(t){var i=this.getByName(t.localName);i&&this.dn(t,i)},i.vn=function(t,i){return i&&t.querySelectorAll?t.querySelectorAll(i):[]},i.dn=function(t,i){var n=i.ctor;if(!(t instanceof n)){this.fn=t;try{if(new n!==t)throw new this.t.Error("Constructor illegally returned a different instance.")}catch(t){d(t)}}},i.hn=function(t){var i=this.getByName(t.localName);if(i&&(t=t,this.dn(t,i),t.connectedCallback))try{t.connectedCallback()}catch(t){d(t)}},i.pn=function(t){if((t=t).disconnectedCallback)try{t.disconnectedCallback()}catch(t){d(t)}},i.sn=function(t){var i=this;if(this.on)this.on+=",".concat(t);else{this.on=t;var n=new this.t.MutationObserver((function(t){t&&i.yn(t)}));this.ln=n;for(var r,e=o(this.an,!0);!(r=e()).done;){var s=r.value;n.observe(s,I)}!function(t,i){var n,r=t.Document,e=t.Element,s=t.Node,u=t.document,o=r.prototype,h=e.prototype,a=s.prototype,c=o.createElement,f=o.importNode,l=a.appendChild,v=a.cloneNode,d=a.insertBefore,m=a.removeChild,p=a.replaceChild;o.createElement=function(t){var n=i.getByName(t);return n?new n.ctor:c.apply(this,arguments)},o.importNode=function(){var t=f.apply(this,arguments);return t&&this===u&&(i.upgradeSelf(t),i.upgrade(t)),t},a.appendChild=function(){var t=l.apply(this,arguments);return i.sync(),t},a.insertBefore=function(){var t=d.apply(this,arguments);return i.sync(),t},a.removeChild=function(){var t=m.apply(this,arguments);return i.sync(),t},a.replaceChild=function(){var t=p.apply(this,arguments);return i.sync(),t},a.cloneNode=function(){var t=v.apply(this,arguments);return t.ownerDocument===u&&(i.upgradeSelf(t),i.upgrade(t)),t};var g=h,b=Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(g,"innerHTML");if(b||(g=Object.getPrototypeOf(t.HTMLElement.prototype),b=Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(g,"innerHTML")),null!==(n=b)&&void 0!==n&&n.configurable){var y=b.set;b.set=function(t){y.call(this,t),i.upgrade(this)},Object.defineProperty(g,"innerHTML",b)}}(this.t,this)}},i.observe=function(t){this.an.push(t),this.ln&&this.ln.observe(t,I)},i.sync=function(){this.ln&&this.yn(this.ln.takeRecords())},i.yn=function(t){for(var i,n=o(t,!0);!(i=n()).done;){var r=i.value;if(r){for(var e,s=r.addedNodes,u=r.removedNodes,h=o(s,!0);!(e=h()).done;){var a=e.value,c=this.vn(a,this.on);this.hn(a);for(var f,l=o(c,!0);!(f=l()).done;){var v=f.value;this.hn(v)}}for(var d,m=o(u,!0);!(d=m()).done;){var p=d.value,g=this.vn(p,this.on);this.pn(p);for(var b,y=o(g,!0);!(b=y()).done;){var w=b.value;this.pn(w)}}}}},t}();function R(t,i){i.prototype=Object.create(t.prototype,{constructor:{configurable:!0,writable:!0,value:i}}),_(i,t)}function _(t,i){Object.setPrototypeOf?Object.setPrototypeOf(t,i):{__proto__:{"test":!0}}.test?t.__proto__=i:function(t,i){for(var n=i;null!==n&&!Object.isPrototypeOf.call(n,t);){for(var r,e=o(Object.getOwnPropertyNames(n),!0);!(r=e()).done;){var s=r.value;if(!Object.hasOwnProperty.call(t,s)){var u=Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(n,s);Object.defineProperty(t,s,u)}}n=Object.getPrototypeOf(n)}}(t,i)}function k(t){return t==this||this.documentElement.contains(t)}function C(t,i,n){return i in t?Object.defineProperty(t,i,{value:n,enumerable:!0,configurable:!0,writable:!0}):t[i]=n,t}function N(t,i){var n=Object.keys(t);if(Object.getOwnPropertySymbols){var r=Object.getOwnPropertySymbols(t);i&&(r=r.filter((function(i){return Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(t,i).enumerable}))),n.push.apply(n,r)}return n}function D(t){for(var i=1;i<arguments.length;i++){var n=null!=arguments[i]?arguments[i]:{};i%2?N(Object(n),!0).forEach((function(i){C(t,i,n[i])})):Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptors?Object.defineProperties(t,Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptors(n)):N(Object(n)).forEach((function(i){Object.defineProperty(t,i,Object.getOwnPropertyDescriptor(n,i))}))}return t}function j(t,i){return(j=Object.setPrototypeOf||function(t,i){return t.__proto__=i,t})(t,i)}function U(t,i){if("function"!=typeof i&&null!==i)throw new TypeError("Super expression must either be null or a function");t.prototype=Object.create(i&&i.prototype,{constructor:{value:t,writable:!0,configurable:!0}}),i&&j(t,i)}function L(t){return(L=Object.setPrototypeOf?Object.getPrototypeOf:function(t){return t.__proto__||Object.getPrototypeOf(t)})(t)}function z(t,i){if(i&&("object"===p(i)||"function"==typeof i))return i;if(void 0!==i)throw new TypeError("Derived constructors may only return object or undefined");return function(t){if(void 0===t)throw new ReferenceError("this hasn't been initialised - super() hasn't been called");return t}(t)}function H(t){var i=function(){if("undefined"==typeof Reflect||!Reflect.construct)return!1;if(Reflect.construct.sham)return!1;if("function"==typeof Proxy)return!0;try{return Boolean.prototype.valueOf.call(Reflect.construct(Boolean,[],(function(){}))),!0}catch(t){return!1}}();return function(){var n,r=L(t);if(i){var e=L(this).constructor;n=Reflect.construct(r,arguments,e)}else n=r.apply(this,arguments);return z(this,n)}}function G(t){return t?Array.prototype.slice.call(t):[]}var V=Array.isArray;function F(t){return V(t)?t:[t]}func