UnevenEdge

Royal Family heading to be by Queens side

Sawdy

6 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

Its (almost) always sad when someone dies.  She had friends and family who will be hurting today because of this.

Dont get me wrong, 96 is amazing and something we should all hope to get to, but its still sad.

I guess. Had my mom lived to be 96 I think I would have thrown a party funeral instead of a sad one.  Sure they’re gonna be sad but in the back of their heads they’re either thinking “holy shit I’m closer to being King or Queen” or “why does this dildo get to be king”

1 minute ago, discolé monade said:

also, i don't think it's right that charles gets to take the thrown, seeing how he divorced and then married a divorced woman.

Well, Henry VIII got to keep it, and he chopped the heads off of 2 of his, and divorced how many more?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Master-Debater131 said:

I think the technical term is "old".

She did appear in public just 2 days ago and her hands were pretty discolored. So something was clearly already happening. but it could easily just be because she was that old.

Actually, the medical term is "TMB"

(Too many birthdays)

• Haha 1

Just now, viperxmns said:

that last sentiment seems a bit yikes, I know she was around a long time but idk how much of the raping was done on her watch, or I'm just dumb idk

Yeah, I'm not sure how long it's been since the royals have actually had a function beyond "tourist attraction" 

7 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

quite a bit, through the missionary schools on first nations land. 

How much of it was her, and how much was the Canadian parliament? The Canadians have been shitting on the First Nations for just as long and hard as we've been shitting on our own Natives.

3 minutes ago, mthor said:

How much of it was her, and how much was the Canadian parliament? The Canadians have been shitting on the First Nations for just as long and hard as we've been shitting on our own Natives.

very true...but optics, and her previously being the face of the monarch. 

they would feel the same if it was charles, or william or any of them. 

3 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Lol King Charles or will it be King William and Princess Kate?

I could have sworn that in the wake of Diana's death and the levels of people that liked her vs hated him, that Charles had deferred his place in favor of the next-in-line to keep the peace - that Diana's son would be the next King. No one wanted Camille listed as Queen of anything other than an ice cream parlor. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I could have sworn that in the wake of Diana's death and the levels of people that liked her vs hated him, that Charles had deferred his place in favor of the next-in-line to keep the peace - that Diana's son would be the next King. No one wanted Camille listed as Queen of anything other than an ice cream parlor. 

I remember there being a lot of speculation about it when Diana died, and for a few years after, but apparently that's all it was.

• Like 3