UnevenEdge

Civil War - 2022 annnnd beyoooond

Sawdy

7 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

I'm going to amend my answer due to the fact that the crazies here have waaaay more political capitol than the IRA ever had.

See the fact that they think they're political centrists.

I fully believe election day 2022 will see at least one Kyle Rittenhouse in each state going to a minority area to "prevent them from stealing the election".

Many places in the united states have had their usual poll workers and election officials replaced by pro-fascists through the use of death threats already.

Any races not won by republicans will be contested, called fraudulent, and lead to more calls for violence.

Candidates running for office will be killed.

Biden and Harris will be forcibly removed via kangaroo-court impeachment.

The majority of supreme court precedents stemming from the  14th ammendment will be rolled back. 

I'll say equal parts The Troubles and the 1979 Iranian Revolution.

This is why I vote early.

I'm being sarcastic, of course*

*I'm being like 90% sarcastic but 10% "Yeah someone might try something stupid in a larger crowd of people"

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Pretty crazy watching everybody talk a big game.

Meh, it's not really talk to me. 

Dingus has the right to fly his stupid all over the place, I have the right to flip him off because his driving is erratic, and those flags aren't helping his case. I also have the right to defend myself if dingus or any of dingus' friends try to mess with me because they think I'm a soft target and a soft target will somehow get them into Golden Fraud Heaven. And now, I don't have to feel like I need to hold back. 

And now I'm laughing way too much at the little comment on the bottom of the thing Sawdy just linked...'Republican candidate says Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis have 'big d*** energy' ' ... :D:D:D Yeah...'dork' energy.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, katt_goddess said:

Meh, it's not really talk to me. 

Dingus has the right to fly his stupid all over the place, I have the right to flip him off because his driving is erratic, and those flags aren't helping his case. I also have the right to defend myself if dingus or any of dingus' friends try to mess with me because they think I'm a soft target and a soft target will somehow get them into Golden Fraud Heaven. And now, I don't have to feel like I need to hold back. 

And now I'm laughing way too much at the little comment on the bottom of the thing Sawdy just linked...'Republican candidate says Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis have 'big d*** energy' ' ... :D:D:D Yeah...'dork' energy.

My bit is subtle, but slaps when it hits

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2022 at 12:23 AM, Distortedreasoning said:

doubtful about civil war but higher on coupes or other violent escalations. 

This is why im dont see civil war happening. I can see many splinter groups going off and doing goofy shit, but organizing some portion of this country to actually fight other organizee portions of the country.....never happen. 

It would mean certain groups would have to fellowship with minorities and alternative lifestyles for the greater good of "their" side and as it has been revealed....thetes bigots, and then there's the maga crowd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/08/moms-liberty-activist-wants-lgbtq-students-separated-special-classes/

again, we’ve seen this before…. And well, the players are being exposed. They will attempt in the states that they will get the support and further push the agenda.

moms for liberty - https://www.momsforliberty.org/about/

Fucking psychos 

5AE2D4BC-748B-4DB0-AD72-CE482CD8B3FC.jpeg

Edited by Sawdy
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seight said:

It was also so much easier to rally people to one's side in the 1860s because back then the news sources were A) The newspaper, if you had one; B) Someone coming into the town square to relay the latest new information; C) no that's it.

Controlling any narrative either side wanted the towns to believe, and one persons opinion while playing a dangerous game of whisper down the alley too.

by the time it got to 15 towns down the line it was just straight up “purple monkey dishwasher”

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Seight said:

It was also so much easier to rally people to one's side in the 1860s because back then the news sources were A) The newspaper, if you had one; B) Someone coming into the town square to relay the latest new information; C) no that's it.

But that was also a different kind of "war" and one that was well out of fashion when it happened.  Civil wars fought between feudal lords were expressly territorial and the unique demographic pressure of institutional slavery made it somewhat easier to create a line of demarcation based on physical area.   Even at that time, civil unrest was more likely to be guerrilla warfare in the vein of the American Revolution:  a coalition of somewhat likeminded tactical groups (the state militias) that coalesced around a popular leader (Washington) to fight pitched battles against a well organized military.  In reality, interpersonal lines of communication (Like Sawdy said) have been the chief mechanism for just about every civil conflict after 1783, and it allows for a lot of not-so-like-minded groups to organize under their own pretenses for a common enemy.  The electronic age hasn't really changed that, especially given how social media platforms have not necessarily been conducive to free expression for all groups (read as "non-white").  What it has done is expose the ramifications of civil unrest in real-time rather than, in days or weeks.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cyberbully said:

This is why im dont see civil war happening. I can see many splinter groups going off and doing goofy shit, but organizing some portion of this country to actually fight other organizee portions of the country.....never happen. 

It would mean certain groups would have to fellowship with minorities and alternative lifestyles for the greater good of "their" side and as it has been revealed....thetes bigots, and then there's the maga crowd.

exactly. theres the current government which is losing creditability by the minute. most people dont really believe in its ability to govern or ability to provide for its citizens. the people left in this umbrella will not fight for it. next largest group is the maga crowd which is more united in their beliefs and much more fanatical in their pursuit. they cannot straight up start a war against the state, they will get fucked by the military. but they can attempt coupes and find other legal or illegal ways to take power through the current system. and then theres nothing else to challenge either.

though i am a believer of the collapse of the state is imminent. hard to predict when but the writing is most definitely on the wall. 

On 8/16/2022 at 8:43 PM, katt_goddess said:

There's a flag-dragger in the area. The moment gas prices started going back down [ remember how high gas prices were going to be the death knell of any Democrats running for office? Pepperidge Farms remembers :| ] that tool loaded up his Four Freedom Flags - American, 2 Trumps, and naturally a F Biden because bad words in school zones makes you look like a total badass ] , he poled them bitches on his truck again and started cruising around the area. And every morning I flip his ass off because he can't drive worth a shit. Friday while all the babies were crying on their Trumpy MySpace, he was absent from the roads. Monday, some pud in a pos decided to circle the parking lot of my store while I was reading and waiting for the manager to show, staring at me, finally parking so that he could watch me and only left when the manager pulled up and came to the store.

I've been given the official okay to bust anyone that tries anything as long as I don't break the glass windows or doors. :| Those would require my placing work orders, hosing the cement off is free. Lesser request was to get the smackdown on one of the store's cameras so everyone can enjoy it later. There was no video of the last time I got into a fistfight with a knob. 

The point being, anyone who thinks they are going to run around and cause problems in the name of some stupid dementia patient is going to go after targets they think they can take on or out in order to get their news fame. And not all of those targets are going to be as soft as they think they are nor hindered by any thoughts of playing fair themselves. 

I just saw this. I'm so sorry you have to deal with one of these lunatics. I have a bunch of MAGA folks who live in our neighborhood and I'm legitimately afraid they're going to come after me and my family if I antagonize them in some way.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, matrixman124 said:

I just saw this. I'm so sorry you have to deal with one of these lunatics. I have a bunch of MAGA folks who live in our neighborhood and I'm legitimately afraid they're going to come after me and my family if I antagonize them in some way.

Thank you for that but don't necessarily fear for me. Fear for the thin-skin that decides to get in my face. :D  I've outlived everyone that's ever physically hit me and I've reached that point where if I have to defend myself from some jackass that thinks I'm a soft target, I might not bother to hold my punches. 

The last thing they want is to be telling their cellies that they got their ass whupped by some old grandma in a 'Weird Al' t-shirt. :D:D:D 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

Thank you for that but don't necessarily fear for me. Fear for the thin-skin that decides to get in my face. :D  I've outlived everyone that's ever physically hit me and I've reached that point where if I have to defend myself from some jackass that thinks I'm a soft target, I might not bother to hold my punches. 

The last thing they want is to be telling their cellies that they got their ass whupped by some old grandma in a 'Weird Al' t-shirt. :D:D:D 

Yeah physical confrontation is one thing but I get nervous about them having a weapon on them. Cowards tend to overcompensate, especially the microdick MAGA supporters.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

Can we just take a moment to talk about how it's hilarious that Junior is clearly on drugs and the GOP has been after Hunter Biden for years due to his drug abuse. Just another example of hypocrisy.

I’d love some sleuth to do a couple year side by side shots of his appearance… he just looks meth’d out at this point… this doesn’t look like cocaine really…

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

Can we just take a moment to talk about how it's hilarious that Junior is clearly on drugs and the GOP has been after Hunter Biden for years due to his drug abuse. Just another example of hypocrisy.

Has the right wing media told Junior to shut up and drive yet?

Oh, because he's a right winger he gets to speak his mind, gotcha.

22 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

stop. 

• Don't be toxic. This includes malicious engagement in harassment, flaming, trolling, or other forms of antagonism, whether targeted or general in nature, and regardless of whether conducted on a main or an alt. If a member (or staff) asks you to stop bothering them, please do so. 

Ma'am, if you can't handle me reacting to your posts then don't react to mine like you've been doing. It's really that simple, or was this not explained to you the same way it was to me?

19 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-judge-gun-buying-ban-people-felony-indictment-unconstitutional/

Good news for Abbott, folks who've got felont indictments get to have guns.

If you think about it, imprisonment itself is unconstitutional. The 10th amendment guarantees the right to life, LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness.