UnevenEdge

Civil War - 2022 annnnd beyoooond

Sawdy

1 hour ago, Sawdy said:

With all the bullshit coming out of the right wing nazi party, what would a civil war look like in 2022?

obviously it wouldn’t be like the 1800s, meeting on battlefields.

Thoughts?

So I don't think it's very productive to talk about this because it's just a very horrifying prospect. As long as states respect each others' boundaries and self governance, there will not be a civil war. Right now it is not feasible. Maybe in the future if the MAGA and QAnon folks took over the GOP but not yet.

What is more worrying is that states are being converted to far right policies via a vocal far right grassroots movement, birthed from MAGA election fraud and QAnon internet conspiracies, to install themselves into local and state political apparati which have often been neglected and overlooked in significance. That is where we're seeing fascism really take root and the Supreme Court is paving the way for it.

The 2022 and 2024 elections will give us insight on where things will go. If the Democrats can actually generate enthusiasm off of Roe v Wade being gutted. If the Democrats will 2016 themselves again by pushing the radical right in the primaries and unintentionally put them in power. If Trump can grab the GOP nomination again. If the GOP sees themselves purged of their neocon leadership and replaced by Trump loyalists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

i don't know what the events will unfold; civil or states war, maybe. 

what i DO know is that with the market in current...confusion, i would HIGHLY recommend buying things like dry goods: beans, rice, grains, etc. 

i'm not talking about doomesday prepared, i'm talking having things on hand that can get you and your family through at least 2 weeks, if need be. bottle water. that sort of thing. jic.

5 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

i would say that it's definately brewing. 

We will continue to see lone wolf violence for sure being spurred on by the skewed Overton Window and online radicalization. We will definitely see more right wing militia violence. But escalation will be a slow boil. If it comes to a civil war, we won't see it until 2024 depending on the election outcome.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

I would say we will not get to that level of violence this year.

I am not limiting it to just this year, I should remove the 2022, because every action will further incite further hatred on the right.

we have t even gotten to the indictment phase, or if it happens… and the timing leading up to the race… well, it may be a perfect storm of shit.

saw a dude with a Ram truck today, he flipped the M to make it a W and put the R at the end “WAR”. 

just seems to be a different fever pitch

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

52 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

So I don't think it's very productive to talk about this because it's just a very horrifying prospect. As long as states respect each others' boundaries and self governance, there will not be a civil war. Right now it is not feasible.

Just wait until the water wars out west force states to disregard the national government and fight with each other in a bid to provide their people with the water they need to live. Something like that was starting to kick off in Oregon a little over 20 years ago, it wasn't until 9/11 that a standoff ended btwn local militias and the feds over water restrictions due to drought/water shortage. We've seen flashes off and on since then but nothing like what's coming, we all see it running dry out there. Everyone should know it's going to get very dark in the American west, before anywhere else in America. 

7 minutes ago, NewBluntsworth said:

Just wait until the water wars out west force states to disregard the national government and fight with each other in a bid to provide their people with the water they need to live.

And maintain their millions of cattle, the industry that wastes far more water than any people do, which must be preserved. Can't neglect to mention that vital context. 

There will have to be a mass exodus of people from the western states, one way or another the populations of some of these cities and places will have to go down so that millions of cattle can continue to exist for the sake of American cheeseburger planet. 

Edited by NewBluntsworth

6 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

I am not limiting it to just this year, I should remove the 2022, because every action will further incite further hatred on the right.

we have t even gotten to the indictment phase, or if it happens… and the timing leading up to the race… well, it may be a perfect storm of shit.

saw a dude with a Ram truck today, he flipped the M to make it a W and put the R at the end “WAR”. 

just seems to be a different fever pitch

it's everywhere here. 

haven't seen the 'war' one, but lots of trump/maga/rebel flag/let's go brandon shit everywhere here. 

and i'm seeing even more of the the propaganda. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NewBluntsworth said:

Just wait until the water wars out west force states to disregard the national government and fight with each other in a bid to provide their people with the water they need to live. Something like that was starting to kick off in Oregon a little over 20 years ago, it wasn't until 9/11 that a standoff ended btwn local militias and the feds over water restrictions due to drought/water shortage. We've seen flashes off and on since then but nothing like what's coming, we all see it running dry out there. Everyone should know it's going to get very dark in the American west, before anywhere else in America. 

The militias are isolated as long as the state government doesn't endorse them. It's not a civil war until we see Texas invading New Mexico or something like that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, discolé monade said:

it's everywhere here. 

haven't seen the 'war' one, but lots of trump/maga/rebel flag/let's go brandon shit everywhere here. 

and i'm seeing even more of the the propaganda. 

I see people aren’t talking about anything these days, at restaurants, or in waiting rooms and the news is on… nobody even makes a side comment because they don’t want to expose which side they may be associated with, if there is even sides.

my neighbor took down his trump signs, but we know what he is about… up until Sunday he had a giant Trump sign 2024, and a Dr Oz sign…

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

The militias are isolated as long as the state government doesn't endorse them. It's not a civil war until we see Texas invading New Mexico or something like that.

The Republican state govts absolutely will endorse them lol, and take on the big govt and the CA govt brandishing guns and do all of it 

If they don't they'll be quickly replaced with people who will 

Edited by NewBluntsworth

1 minute ago, Sawdy said:

I see people aren’t talking about anything these days, at restaurants, or in waiting rooms and the news is on… nobody even makes a side comment because they don’t want to expose which side they may be associated with, if there is even sides.

my neighbor took down his trump signs, but we know what he is about… up until Sunday he had a giant Trump sign 2024, and a Dr Oz sign…

that's just it. that 'let's go brandon flag/banner' was put up after the trump sign. 

and all because the neighbor put a stacy abrahms yard sign. the street that leads out to main, where he's at, is a black neighborhood. so all those folks got see that trump bullshit, and now this. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, discolé monade said:

that's just it. that 'let's go brandon flag/banner' was put up after the trump sign. 

and all because the neighbor put a stacy abrahms yard sign. the street that leads out to main, where he's at, is a black neighborhood. so all those folks got see that trump bullshit, and now this. 

Quite the game

4 minutes ago, NewBluntsworth said:

"the militias are isolated" most people in most places that aren't medium to large cities would support them, including the GOP governors and legislatures and cops and natl guard and all of them. civil war over cattle water rights? Absofuckinglutely. Idk where else you all think this is going 

Yes and where is the seat of state governments? In urban areas away from the rural zones where the militia proliferate. It's specifically that distance from the government strongholds that allow militias to grow. The most they can do is an implicit approval by not doing anything to stop their actions. But they will never explicitly endorse militia groups because most of those groups don't acknowledge state or federal power.

1 minute ago, matrixman124 said:

It's basically the equivalent of a Mets fan putting up a penant to counter a Yankees penant put up across the street. It's a freaking fan war.

…… I mean, in that case…. One team has close to 30 championships

It wouldnt look like the Civil War where there is a clear North vs South battle map drawn.  When you look at the country the divide isnt North vs South, its City vs Rural.  There are deep blue dots surrounded by a sea of red. Drive 30 minutes outside of most major cities and you see MAGA signs all over the place.

So any potential violence would be drawn up with those lines in mind.  It could be a series of attacks by people driving into the city, hitting targets, then leaving.  Insurgency tactics that we have seen in Iraq and Afghan. It would be tougher for the reverse to happen because rural living is much more sparse.

Sure, you would have some battle lines drawn up by states, but even in Blue states they would be dealing with insurgency attacks throughout the entire war.  Blue cities in Red states could do the same, but that rural dispersion factor makes those attacks less successful. If the Red states stopped shipping food to the Blue states then Cities would quickly collapse. Blue states dont have that same leverage over Red states. Sure, you can stop sending in cell phones and TVs, but that doesnt have the same immediate impact as losing food does.

Theres a huge question about what sort of numbers of people would actually get involved. Tons of people talk shit online, but would they really fight? Doubtful. 

Oh and also our Military. It may splinter a bit, but it would pretty quickly put down any insurgency launched by either side.

For all the talk about a Civil War happening, its just not going to happen. If anything it'll just be a series of attacks and political assassinations for the foreseeable future until both sides retreat from their extremes and actually try and govern from the more popular middle.

I think the big difference is that rural power is a lot more decentralized. It wouldn't be united and thus would not have any chance of taking control of any actual state governments which are all based in urban areas.

And seriously the Democrats are not as far left as the GOP makes them out to be. They are center/center right. The neolibs in charge of the Dems are pretty much aligned with the neocons especially when it comes to big business. It's why they've been so big on bipartisanship.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

And seriously the Democrats are not as far left as the GOP makes them out to be. They are center/center right. The neolibs in charge of the Dems are pretty much aligned with the neocons especially when it comes to big business. It's why they've been so big on bipartisanship

Sounds like it's time for a revolution then. 

That decentralized power makes it tougher to stop though.  Its pretty easy to grab some guys, some guns, and drive into a city and cause chaos. Democratic rally in a city?  Just load on up and go do a ton of damage.

And no, Democrats are not a center right party. Manchin is fairly Center, but he is far to the right of the majority of the Democrats. It doesnt matter that Democrats may be considered Right compared to European countries. In the US, they are the left wing party. The US has always been a center-right country, and thats the lens that matters when discussing the standing of our two political parties.

The only thing I'll say about this is that there really isn't a comparable milita on the left.  That's not to say that extreme elements of the progressive movement aren't capable of paramilitaristic urban combat, just that they aren't organized into guerrilla type units like some of the extreme right militias.  That being said, neither side is truly unified under a single banner in the way you would expect for two side fighting a modern civil war, and the one side that is most clamoring for one tends to look to our own (at that time even) anachronistic Civil War as a model.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

I'm going to amend my answer due to the fact that the crazies here have waaaay more political capitol than the IRA ever had.

See the fact that they think they're political centrists.

I fully believe election day 2022 will see at least one Kyle Rittenhouse in each state going to a minority area to "prevent them from stealing the election".

Many places in the united states have had their usual poll workers and election officials replaced by pro-fascists through the use of death threats already.

Any races not won by republicans will be contested, called fraudulent, and lead to more calls for violence.

Candidates running for office will be killed.

Biden and Harris will be forcibly removed via kangaroo-court impeachment.

The majority of supreme court precedents stemming from the  14th ammendment will be rolled back. 

I'll say equal parts The Troubles and the 1979 Iranian Revolution.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

I'm going to amend my answer due to the fact that the crazies here have waaaay more political capitol than the IRA ever had.

I fully believe election day 2022 will see at least one Kyle Rittenhouse in each state going to a minority area to "prevent them from stealing the election".

Many places in the united states have had their usual poll workers and election officials replaced by pro-fascists through the use of death threats already.

Any races not won by republicans will be contested, called fraudulent, and lead to more calls for violence.

The majority of supreme court precedents stemming from the  14th ammendment will be rolled back. 

Omg lol 😆

1 hour ago, SwimModSponges said:

Your predictions seem far fetched.  The GOP has undue power, yes, but not enough to impeach anyone.  Candidates being murdered isn’t as far fetched as one would hope, but we haven’t reached the point where law enforcement has completely lost control.  Most importantly, you overestimate the cohesion of the far right to mount an insurgency:  make no mistake; Jan 6 wasn’t a foiled plot; it failed because of the sheer ineptness of the traitors.

• D'oh 1

48 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Your predictions seem far fetched.  The GOP has undue power, yes, but not enough to impeach anyone.  Candidates being murdered isn’t as far fetched as one would hope, but we haven’t reached the point where law enforcement has completely lost control.  Most importantly, you overestimate the cohesion of the far right to mount an insurgency:  make no mistake; Jan 6 wasn’t a foiled plot; it failed because of the sheer ineptness of the traitors.

Yeah I think the problem is things are not going to approach the scale of "Civil War" just because too many people are complacent. 

10 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

Yeah I think the problem is things are not going to approach the scale of "Civil War" just because too many people are complacent. 

Yeah, the problem is while most of the country wants peace and co-existence, if the far right keeps shooting, the far left WILL shoot back and we’ll be dealing with the Troubles between the two fringes.  

Ironically I could see our corporate overlords preaching unity to wipe out both sides in such a situation because at that point the useful idiots will stop being useful, and it will be easier to eradicate them.

• D'oh 1

1 hour ago, Jman said:

Yeah, the problem is while most of the country wants peace and co-existence, if the far right keeps shooting, the far left WILL shoot back and we’ll be dealing with the Troubles between the two fringes.  

Ironically I could see our corporate overlords preaching unity to wipe out both sides in such a situation because at that point the useful idiots will stop being useful, and it will be easier to eradicate them.

Like antifa is a thing, sure, but they are tiny compared to all the right wing militias out there that they are largely reactive to.

9 minutes ago, matrixman124 said:

Like antifa is a thing, sure, but they are tiny compared to all the right wing militias out there that they are largely reactive to.

And the ones that aren’t well known yet, and the subsets of the militias that sit and jerk each other off at meetings discussing how they’ll kidnap governors and shit…

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Sawdy said:

And the ones that aren’t well known yet, and the subsets of the militias that sit and jerk each other off at meetings discussing how they’ll kidnap governors and shit…

got that here. 

'cadillac hill' is the name of the property. the owner hosts a variety of GOP sponsered events. 

and strictly private club atmosphere. 

• D'oh 1

1 minute ago, discolé monade said:

got that here. 

'cadillac hill' is the name of the property. the owner hosts a variety of GOP sponsered events. 

and strictly private club atmosphere. 

Those are the factions.

I’ve played enough video games to know that’s the challenge mode 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There's a flag-dragger in the area. The moment gas prices started going back down [ remember how high gas prices were going to be the death knell of any Democrats running for office? Pepperidge Farms remembers :| ] that tool loaded up his Four Freedom Flags - American, 2 Trumps, and naturally a F Biden because bad words in school zones makes you look like a total badass ] , he poled them bitches on his truck again and started cruising around the area. And every morning I flip his ass off because he can't drive worth a shit. Friday while all the babies were crying on their Trumpy MySpace, he was absent from the roads. Monday, some pud in a pos decided to circle the parking lot of my store while I was reading and waiting for the manager to show, staring at me, finally parking so that he could watch me and only left when the manager pulled up and came to the store.

I've been given the official okay to bust anyone that tries anything as long as I don't break the glass windows or doors. :| Those would require my placing work orders, hosing the cement off is free. Lesser request was to get the smackdown on one of the store's cameras so everyone can enjoy it later. There was no video of the last time I got into a fistfight with a knob. 

The point being, anyone who thinks they are going to run around and cause problems in the name of some stupid dementia patient is going to go after targets they think they can take on or out in order to get their news fame. And not all of those targets are going to be as soft as they think they are nor hindered by any thoughts of playing fair themselves. 

• Like 2