UnevenEdge

NFL 2022/23 DUCK, DUCK, MONKEY POX NOW WITH 1% LESS COVID

1pooh4u

Interesting read. I hadn’t seen the hit Tua took during the Bills game but we know that Miami staff have a Bellichickian way of interpreting, or rather misinterpreting the rules 

https://nypost.com/2022/09/30/nflpa-using-every-legal-option-in-tua-tagovailoa-investigation/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=ru.reactivephone.MobileSearch.OpenInSearchUI

12 hours ago, Seight said:

The Dolphins are in that range with the Texans/Commies/Browns/Jets (sorry pooh) where every once in a while something happens and their response to the situation makes you think "holy shit it cannot be this hard come on"

What did the jets do that was as bad as what this new owner of the dolphins and idiot Brown’s new owner?  NY Jets can’t get a team together and are assholes with extending contract but they’re pretty good about not doing dumb shit that hurts their players physically and they definitely never would’ve given a sexual abuser a 230 million dollar fully guaranteed contract 

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2022 at 12:07 PM, 1pooh4u said:

Miami had a good chance at winning that game but Teddy gonna Teddy 

I like Teddy as one of the better backups in the league. I’m a big rotoworld guy because I’m in a money fantasy league, from what they said  it looked like a miscommunication pick that ended the game pretty much. Otherwise he looked solid to me. Pooh I bet you don’t remember me, but I missed talking football on these boards.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jayrider128 said:

I like Teddy as one of the better backups in the league. I’m a big rotoworld guy because I’m in a money fantasy league, from what they said  it looked like a miscommunication pick that ended the game pretty much. Otherwise he looked solid to me. Pooh I bet you don’t remember me, but I missed talking football on these boards.

Of course I remember you although it seems like a looooong time since you been around 

You really think he’s that good as a backup?  It doesn’t seem like he’s had much success in the league the last few seasons.  He didn’t play that well the other day but then again Miami didn’t play well as a whole although had Tua not gotten hurt the outcome might have been different 

14 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Of course I remember you although it seems like a looooong time since you been around 

You really think he’s that good as a backup?  It doesn’t seem like he’s had much success in the league the last few seasons.  He didn’t play that well the other day but then again Miami didn’t play well as a whole although had Tua not gotten hurt the outcome might have been different 

I guess what I like about him is that throughout his career he never really does turn the ball over.  I just looked up his last year stats and going 7-7 with broncos with 18 TDs and 7 picks is passable as quarterback. I know In the modern league that kind of play isn’t the long term answer  but still it means something. But yeah, Tua. My heart goes out to him. He was proving the haters wrong and playing lights out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

I guess what I like about him is that throughout his career he never really does turn the ball over.  I just looked up his last year stats and going 7-7 with broncos with 18 TDs and 7 picks is passable as quarterback. I know In the modern league that kind of play isn’t the long term answer  but still it means something. But yeah, Tua. My heart goes out to him. He was proving the haters wrong and playing lights out.

Wow I didn’t realize he did as well as he did for the broncos 

I honestly thought Tua was gonna be a bust but he was reminding me a little of Josh Allen, not in play style but with them both having meh rookie seasons but strong showing after that 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Wow I didn’t realize he did as well as he did for the broncos 

I honestly thought Tua was gonna be a bust but he was reminding me a little of Josh Allen, not in play style but with them both having meh rookie seasons but strong showing after that 

Agreed, sometimes you just have to be patient and let QBs develop even though some rookie QBs can be hard to watch for sure lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

Agreed, sometimes you just have to be patient and let QBs develop even though some rookie QBs can be hard to watch for sure lol.

NY Jets had some hard to watch rookies imo watching Darnold was painful but more because despite flashes of excellence he just wasn’t the guy outside NY Josh Rosen was one of the worst rookie seasons I ever saw

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

NY Jets had some hard to watch rookies imo watching Darnold was painful but more because despite flashes of excellence he just wasn’t the guy outside NY Josh Rosen was one of the worst rookie seasons I ever saw

Same man, Rosen was brutal. is he even on a practice squad somewhere? Or just completely out of the league? And yeah ol Sammy darnold. That reminds me, your a jets fan what was the story with that Christian hackenberg guy? Wasn’t he drafted fairly high? And I never remember him starting, but I could be wrong. It just spurred my mind thinking of rookie jet qbs. long live Chad Pennington, am I right?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

Same man, Rosen was brutal. is he even on a practice squad somewhere? Or just completely out of the league? And yeah ol Sammy darnold. That reminds me, your a jets fan what was the story with that Christian hackenberg guy? Wasn’t he drafted fairly high? And I never remember him starting, but I could be wrong. It just spurred my mind thinking of rookie jet qbs. long live Chad Pennington, am I right?

You are so right! 
lol I gotta look up Hackenberg his career was so short but tbf iirc NY had just awful front staff at that time. I’m pretty sure Rosen is out of football 

I’m watching the MN NO game rn and I am amazed by two things

1 That Demario Davis is still in the NFL. I thought he’d be retired by now

2 the London stadium has an American football field of artificial turf under the grass soccer pitch (I think they call the field a pitch?) I’m amazed because artificial turf sucks players don’t like it they say it causes injury 

speaking of injury seems like every game has had to cart a player off the field 

14 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

You are so right! 
lol I gotta look up Hackenberg his career was so short but tbf iirc NY had just awful front staff at that time. I’m pretty sure Rosen is out of football 

I’m watching the MN NO game rn and I am amazed by two things

1 That Demario Davis is still in the NFL. I thought he’d be retired by now

2 the London stadium has an American football field of artificial turf under the grass soccer pitch (I think they call the field a pitch?) I’m amazed because artificial turf sucks players don’t like it they say it causes injury 

speaking of injury seems like every game has had to cart a player off the field 

Yeah it does feel like he’s been around forever. from what I understand, he’s still a solid player. and yeah players do hate it, look at last week with what happened to sterling shepard.  I think OBJ went hard on twitter about the turf issue, along with other players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayrider128 said:

Yeah it does feel like he’s been around forever. from what I understand, he’s still a solid player. and yeah players do hate it, look at last week with what happened to sterling shepard.  I think OBJ went hard on twitter about the turf issue, along with other players.

Demario Davis had a good game today sucks they lost though

idr who but I think there was a player on the 49ers that didn’t wanna play MetLife because he ended his season on their artificial turf

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Demario Davis had a good game today sucks they lost though

idr who but I think there was a player on the 49ers that didn’t wanna play MetLife because he ended his season on their artificial turf

MetLife Stadium is evil. between the black cats that run thru, and the professional athletes that tear their acls, it’s as depressing as it gets. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

MetLife Stadium is evil. between the black cats that run thru, and the professional athletes that tear their acls, it’s as depressing as it gets. 

Watching them at Heinz Field rn cursing at my tv cuz we should be 10-3 not 10-6 so sick of costly unnecessary penalties that change the entire game. I hope they come out swinging after the half

25 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Watching them at Heinz Field rn cursing at my tv cuz we should be 10-3 not 10-6 so sick of costly unnecessary penalties that change the entire game. I hope they come out swinging after the half

I’m watching the Ravens Bills game right now, and on the ticker I continue to see how low scoring of a game it is. I see that Mitch has been benched. How’s Wilson looking? I know how fun it was for everybody to see Flacco return for a couple of appearances.😄

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

I’m watching the Ravens Bills game right now, and on the ticker I continue to see how low scoring of a game it is. I see that Mitch has been benched. How’s Wilson looking? I know how fun it was for everybody to see Flacco return for a couple of appearances.😄

Wilson looks like crap.  Trying to do too much he’s been intercepted. Even when the o line holds he can’t get rid of the ball fast enough. It’s getting ugly. I knew they were benching Trubisky. Unless this Pickett, Pinkett? Guy is really terrible Trubisky might not play as a starter in the NFL ever again 😬

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Wilson looks like crap.  Trying to do too much he’s been intercepted. Even when the o line holds he can’t get rid of the ball fast enough. It’s getting ugly. I knew they were benching Trubisky. Unless this Pickett, Pinkett? Guy is really terrible Trubisky might not play as a starter in the NFL ever again 😬

Poor Mitchy. Honestly in your opinion, would you rather have  the Jets stick with Flacco? I know from the jets perspective though you invested a 1st round pick in the guy so you can’t, and have to see things through.

Edited by jayrider128

25 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

Poor Mitchy. Honestly in your opinion, would you rather have  the Jets stick with Flacco? I know from the jets perspective though you invested a 1st round pick in the guy so you can’t, and have to see things through.

As angry as Wilson makes me Idt Flacco is a good starter anymore. I think he’s a great back up to a young QB but that’s as far as I’d go with Flacco 

Just now, 1pooh4u said:

Omg did the jets just win in Pennsylvania?!?! I can’t take this stress getting too old for this shit 

Kelly Clarkson Reaction GIF by The Voice

I just came back from walking my dog and since the ravens bills game was over, i walked in to the cbs bonus coverage jets Steelers last seconds. Congrats man, the announcer said Zach had a great 4th, cool beans.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jayrider128 said:

I just came back from walking my dog and since the ravens bills game was over, i walked in to the cbs bonus coverage jets Steelers last seconds. Congrats man, the announcer said Zach had a great 4th, cool beans.

Yeah he really handled his business 

Idk if it’s my imagination but it seemed like each time the jets scored or made a down, it wasn’t that the jets did a good, but rather the Steelers did a suck. Whenever the Steelers scored they were just awesome.   Drives me nuts 😆

1 minute ago, 1pooh4u said:

Yeah he really handled his business 

Idk if it’s my imagination but it seemed like each time the jets scored or made a down, it wasn’t that the jets did a good, but rather the Steelers did a suck. Whenever the Steelers scored they were just awesome.   Drives me nuts 😆

Lol, now I hope my bucs handle their business. I doubt it though, because in my mind we need to score at least 30 to beat the chiefs, which from what I’ve seen from the offense so far this season seems impossible. Granted though, we were missing our top 3 wide outs last game and our line sadly sucks. I know people wanna say Brady’s been bad but he really hasn’t, He’s just been ok. But he’s the goat, so criticism is warranted, but Jesus the man is 45 lol. 

• Haha 1

Lol, now I hope my bucs handle their business. I doubt it though, because in my mind we need to score at least 30 to beat the chiefs, which from what I’ve seen from the offense so far this season seems impossible. Granted though, we were missing our top 3 wide outs last game and our line sadly sucks. I know people wanna say Brady’s been bad but he really hasn’t, He’s just been ok. But he’s the goat, so criticism is warranted, but Jesus the man is 45 lol. 

Brady should have stayed retired I think Brady has a winning record against Mahomes but by like one game I am bias towards the Chiefs admittedly I liked them a long time back when they won two and zero games a season. Idk y I liked them. Just did. They were really scrappy 

6 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Brady should have stayed retired I think Brady has a winning record against Mahomes but by like one game I am bias towards the Chiefs admittedly I liked them a long time back when they won two and zero games a season. Idk y I liked them. Just did. They were really scrappy 

Like the Matt Cassel years? Lol

Who knew the Seahawks lions 48-45 would be the best of the 1 o clock slate

Detroit is blowing my mind with how much  they are scoring they have a coupon of comebacks from big deficits and a couple of losses that were almost wins. I’m impressed 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Sorry I’m not a Brady fan. I think he’s jerks. ☹️

I get why people say that. and also being a jets fan doesn’t help matters when it comes to him. Imo still less of an arrogant asshole than rodgers though.

Edited by jayrider128
  • Thanks 1

I get why people say that. and also being a jets fan doesn’t help matters when it comes to him. Imo still less of an arrogant asshole than rodgers though.

I don’t like Rodgers either. He is such an arrogant asshole and he gets weirder and weirder every year. 😬

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

I don’t like Rodgers either. He is such an arrogant asshole and he gets weirder and weirder every year. 😬

Agreed, and now with  the former pack Favre jeez. I loved me some Favre growing up, ya know just because of how unpredictable and fun he was to watch, and I tended to side with him more on the Arod v Favre feud. But now damn.. how evil Favre is or just I don’t know an absolute idiot? I lean towards more evil though.. I guess my point is fuck the last 30  years of packers qbs lol. 

Edited by jayrider128
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, scoobdog said:

That's kind of what happens when you mortgage your future like that.

7 hours ago, scoobdog said:

That's kind of what happens when you mortgage your future like that.

Stafford looks suspect, though the season is very young and he’s a proven beast. cooper kupp looks like cooper kupp and Allen Robinson looks washed in what was supposed to be a fine OBJ replacement. Reason to worry, but for some insane reason I’m not yet with them.

Agreed, and now with  the former pack Favre jeez. I loved me some Favre growing up, ya know just because of how unpredictable and fun he was to watch, and I tended to side with him more on the Arod v Favre feud. But now damn.. how evil Favre is or just I don’t know an absolute idiot? I lean towards more evil though.. I guess my point is fuck the last 30  years of packers qbs lol. 

I forgot about Favre. Yeah he’s an asshole too. He was also a jets qb after he was washed up 

• Thanks 1