UnevenEdge

Space Dandy Returns On January 27th

The1gairon

2 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Some interesting information to consider: This was apparently a last-minute change, as "unforeseen events" delayed an intended premiere. Let the rumor mill go to work on that one.

In other words someone still had the rights and now toonami needs to pay more to get the other half

58 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Some interesting information to consider: This was apparently a last-minute change, as "unforeseen events" delayed an intended premiere. Let the rumor mill go to work on that one.

............now I'm curious..........they say they're still getting the show SD is a replacement for...just, later, so I'm curious what show it is

they denied that it's FLCL two

• Sad 1

wild guesses on what the new show the SD reruns are a replacement for is

if it's a new to the block series

1. SAO season 3

2. Evangelion (assuming it's still in print)

3. Boruto (because it seems like something Demarco would license)

4. Slayers  if they're up for an older series(because Toonami tried to get this show for the original Toonami but Fox licensed it then never aired it to prevent Toonami from getting it)

if it's a returning anime from the old Toonami and/or AS

1. A Tenchi Muyo rerun

2. Sailor Moon Crystal or Classic Sailor Moon (Hulu once had exclusive rights to this but I don't know if they still do)

3. any number of the shows Discotek has recently picked up

4. one of the shows Funimation is simuldubbing

I'm starting to legitimately suspect that the postponed show is Sailor Moon

for several reasons

first off was that the last couple months Arby's twitter page kept randomly posting Sailor Moon fan art, but then just yesterday suddenly switched to Posting Space Dandy fan art instead, right before this announcement was made

also, I'm not sure but I have heard Rumors that Viz is backing out of the Exclusivity deal Hulu made them cut for Sailor Moon

so maybe the "legal issues" they mentioned are the Hulu red tape

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Blatch said:

Most interesting part of that exchange, "Toonami can add shows without replacing other shows"....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, mochi said:

I'm starting to legitimately suspect that the postponed show is Sailor Moon

for several reasons

first off was that the last couple months Arby's twitter page kept randomly posting Sailor Moon fan art, but then just yesterday suddenly switched to Posting Space Dandy fan art instead, right before this announcement was made

also, I'm not sure but I have heard Rumors that Viz is backing out of the Exclusivity deal Hulu made them cut for Sailor Moon

so maybe the "legal issues" they mentioned are the Hulu red tape

That would be the dumbest fucking move they could make.

20 minutes ago, brianycpht said:

Crystal is especially redundant. Every episode the spend about 6 minutes on transformations alone using the same stock footage

Crystal season 3 is better than season 1 or 2

but the original is still better in terms of it being campier and funnier

Just now, 3ngag3 said:

This may be a bit of a stretch, but what if it's Tiger and Bunny and some of the companies had them C&D the airing because of the pretty blatant adverts contained within?

eb1e2fcaa41b921c2bbcfbc9fdcfc9ec854c0d22

that's another distinct possibility

BUT Netflix has the rights to Tiger and Bunny right now

I wouldn't mind watching Dandy again. 

I bet the super secret Premiere is... Kabaneri.

For one thing, it's only dubbed up to episode 2, so its new. It's also action, non harem no nudity... all of which Toonami likes.

And it's similar to AOT.....Toonami loves showing stuff similar to other stuff they've shown. 

2 hours ago, Gyaos said:

I've never seen it. This will be a new experience for me at least.

That’s certainly the right way to describe Dandy.  An experience.  A very experimental show, which is probably why only half of the episodes really work.

• Like 2

The amount of Dandy episodes that "work" depend on personal opinion.

I, for one, liked the Dandy/Scarlet shipping episode in spite of it not mattering much to continuity, but I damn near hated that fucking laugh track episode. Also, I watched "There's Music in the Darkness, Baby" as a stand-alone last year, and it was actually better than when I watched it linearly.

31 minutes ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

The only episode I actively hate was the musical one.

Fuck that episode.

Well, at least I NOW know which episode I won't like. Musicals aren't my cup of tea, and they never have been.

Edited by Gyaos

1 hour ago, Top Gun said:

Learn how to fucking read already.

Demarco is the boss.  The buck stops with him.  Should have had a back up plan.  This shows incompetence that they got caught unawares... again.

Demarco said the supposed new show is still coming... could be in 6 months or more from now, if ever.  Either way, doesn't change the fact we're down a premiere.  I don't the feeling they will cut the Dandy run short either.

9 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Demarco is the boss.  The buck stops with him.  Should have had a back up plan.  This shows incompetence that they got caught unawares... again.

Demarco said the supposed new show is still coming... could be in 6 months or more from now, if ever.  Either way, doesn't change the fact we're down a premiere.  I don't the feeling they will cut the Dandy run short either.

No. The buck DOESN'T start with him. He has a boss.  His boss has to also agree with anything the network gets.  He said this was due to "legal processes taking longer than anticipated"!  It's not like we won't get this show at all! This WAS his back-up plan!

• Thanks 1