UnevenEdge

Space Dandy Returns On January 27th

The1gairon

On 1/14/2018 at 9:41 PM, ben0119 said:

Or it was going to anyway and we're getting one less premiere.  Either way, we've now got a rerun smack dab in the middle of the premieres.  Yes, Shippuden is horrible, but it's still technically "new" content.

Umm the process was not over yet.  NOT OVER YET.  Meaning they didn't wait for it to be complete before going ahead and jumping the gun and setting everything up and planning it all out for the show to air, assuming things would go a-okay.  With how much they like to keep close to the vest and supposedly make sure all the ducks are in a row and we can't tell you this yet blahblahblah they go and pull this?  Seriously?  Not just me, they let down all of the fans.  Problem is it's been far less than 100%.  Remember when they didn't even know InuYasha's rights were expiring?  They had ONE JOB.  That's the crack team we've got running things.  I mean, they're doing a better job than ASA, but that's not saying much.  Point is, Toonami is held to a higher standard.

Dandy will be at 2:30, it’s not in the middle of new content. It’s not even before Outlaw Star.

Opinions on Black Clover aside, it was just added, temporarily taking premieres from 7 or 8 (if you count OS) to 9. Lupin leaves and it’s back to 7 or 8 but there’s 7 premieres before 2am. Remember when Toonami had 6 at the most and two were or three were after 2am? 7 is quite generous and when OS ends it will definitely be 8. So you’re saying 8 isn’t enough? Give me a break. Whether you like all those shows or not that’s a lot of new content to be airing at a time and more than we had in 2016 or 2015 or even most of 2014 much less before that.

If you’re focused on checks and balances then consider Black Clover to be Lupin’s early replacement.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2018 at 1:13 AM, Top Gun said:

If you can't comprehend the difference between defending a show from shitty criticism, and letting legitimate criticism ruin your enjoyment of a show, then you should sit this conversation out.

Wasn't talking about that.  Was talking about how you've gotten triggered by people laying into shows you like, like One Piece and Hiatus, meaning you really aren't in a position to be offering advice in this area.

On 1/18/2018 at 10:52 PM, Sketch said:

Dandy will be at 2:30, it’s not in the middle of new content. It’s not even before Outlaw Star.

Opinions on Black Clover aside, it was just added, temporarily taking premieres from 7 or 8 (if you count OS) to 9. Lupin leaves and it’s back to 7 or 8 but there’s 7 premieres before 2am. Remember when Toonami had 6 at the most and two were or three were after 2am? 7 is quite generous and when OS ends it will definitely be 8. So you’re saying 8 isn’t enough? Give me a break. Whether you like all those shows or not that’s a lot of new content to be airing at a time and more than we had in 2016 or 2015 or even most of 2014 much less before that.

If you’re focused on checks and balances then consider Black Clover to be Lupin’s early replacement.

Yeah it's better than what we had before.  What we have is better than ASA or when Toonami first launched, too.  Point is you don't take steps backward.  You really think when Outlaw Star ends it will be replaced by something new?  Didn't it replace a rerun?  Also did not realize Dandy is after Outlaw Star and Shippuden.  So that's not as bad.  I thought it was just taking Lupin's place.

But Black Clover had the red carpet rolled out for it, got expansion and schedule changes, mega promotion.  It sure as hell is not Lupin's early replacement.

And I swear to fucking god if the show they are making us wait for is Tokyo Ghoul Re: or some other shit show...

18 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah it's better than what we had before.  What we have is better than ASA or when Toonami first launched, too.  Point is you don't take steps backward.  You really think when Outlaw Star ends it will be replaced by something new?  Didn't it replace a rerun?  Also did not realize Dandy is after Outlaw Star and Shippuden.  So that's not as bad.  I thought it was just taking Lupin's place.

But Black Clover had the red carpet rolled out for it, got expansion and schedule changes, mega promotion.  It sure as hell is not Lupin's early replacement.

And I swear to fucking god if the show they are making us wait for is Tokyo Ghoul Re: or some other shit show...

I fully except Outlaw Star to be replaced by whatever was going to replace Lupin unless they actually expand the block again instead of waiting until OS will end in March.

Of course, Black Clover wasn't actually the intended replacement for Lupin but if the amount of premieres is the concern, we're back to what we had in November. So it's not much of a setback.

Dandy is wedged between Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop, keeping all the reruns in the back of the block where they should be.

Edited by Sketch

On 1/20/2018 at 9:29 PM, Sketch said:

I fully except Outlaw Star to be replaced by whatever was going to replace Lupin unless they actually expand the block again instead of waiting until OS will end in March.

Of course, Black Clover wasn't actually the intended replacement for Lupin but if the amount of premieres is the concern, we're back to what we had in November. So it's not much of a setback.

Dandy is wedged between Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop, keeping all the reruns in the back of the block where they should be.

When someone asked Demarco about this he said a show doesn't have to end for them to add new shows.  We'll see what happens.

Yeah I suppose so...

Ok I didn't know that.  Well that's good then.

Edited by ben0119