UnevenEdge

Space Dandy Returns On January 27th

The1gairon

This also isn’t the first time this has happened.  Remember when they wanted to air The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, BS&P said “lolnope” and they got stuck airing Champloo? 

Meanwhile Netflix is airing Devilman Crybaby where whoever was animating it wanted to go full hentai at points.

11 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Demarco is the boss.  The buck stops with him.  Should have had a back up plan.  This shows incompetence that they got caught unawares... again.

Demarco said the supposed new show is still coming... could be in 6 months or more from now, if ever.  Either way, doesn't change the fact we're down a premiere.  I don't the feeling they will cut the Dandy run short either.

Wow, you'll really go out of your way to blame DeMarco for everything, won't you?

While he admittedly doesn't make the best of decisions at times, this doesn't seem to be the case here.  The other show fell through for the time being, so they needed a replacement.  It's nothing major, really.  Besides, Space Dandy hasn't been on for almost 3 years at this point, and the second half of the show never got a rerun anyway.  It's also airing at such a late hour that no one can really even complain that it's taking up a premiere slot.  Seems like a decent choice, actually.  I've been wanting a Space Dandy rerun for a while now, anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jman said:

This also isn’t the first time this has happened.  Remember when they wanted to air The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, BS&P said “lolnope” and they got stuck airing Champloo? 

I'm still confused over that one... did they not realize it had lots of nipples? That should be required to come first when inspecting a show for air. Or maybe they did, and thought all of them could be blurred out, but S&P didn't want to be subjected to that torture?

1 hour ago, Blatch said:

I'm still confused over that one... did they not realize it had lots of nipples? That should be required to come first when inspecting a show for air. Or maybe they did, and thought all of them could be blurred out, but S&P didn't want to be subjected to that torture?

I guess they thought the best idea was to fight boobs with boobs but got carried away with their newfound freedom (it was around that time context was loosened so they could say “shit” unbleeped.)

On 1/7/2018 at 10:00 AM, elfie said:

No. The buck DOESN'T start with him. He has a boss.  His boss has to also agree with anything the network gets.  He said this was due to "legal processes taking longer than anticipated"!  It's not like we won't get this show at all! This WAS his back-up plan!

And his boss evidently agreed to this.  So, that just shows you how many layers it went through and they still got caught with their pants down.  I mean, this is really very enlightening.  They should make sure everything is ironed out ahead of time so they can be sure a show is set and ready to air.  But apparently they start the negotiation and legal process to get shows and just assume it will be done by the time the show needs to air?!  That should all be done way ahead of time!

Your "back up plan" should not be LOLRERUN.

Edited by ben0119

On 1/7/2018 at 10:36 AM, Jman said:

Meanwhile Netflix is airing Devilman Crybaby where whoever was animating it wanted to go full hentai at points.

Yet another example of Demarco's failures and apparently he did not learn from his own mistakes.

On 1/7/2018 at 11:34 AM, CaptainStarwind said:

Wow, you'll really go out of your way to blame DeMarco for everything, won't you?

While he admittedly doesn't make the best of decisions at times, this doesn't seem to be the case here.  The other show fell through for the time being, so they needed a replacement.  It's nothing major, really.  Besides, Space Dandy hasn't been on for almost 3 years at this point, and the second half of the show never got a rerun anyway.  It's also airing at such a late hour that no one can really even complain that it's taking up a premiere slot.  Seems like a decent choice, actually.  I've been wanting a Space Dandy rerun for a while now, anyway.

"Fell through."  As I said, they should have made sure it was ready to go before they set a date for it to air.  It's not like there was something unforeseen that happened and the show couldn't air.  They were going through legal processes at the time of planning all this, and it was just assumed they would be done with them by the time the show needed to air.  That's about as incompetent as it gets.  But it is taking up a premiere slot.  Even if the other show comes in sooner, the Vindication will still be down an engine, we'll be with an extra rerun that we wouldn't have had otherwise.  Lol, it would be hilarious if they cut it off again we still didn't get a rerun of season 2.  Besides, I don't like to watch different episodes of a show an uneven number of times.

Edited by ben0119

This wasn't a fuck-up.  Shit happens.  One of the parties involved has a quibble with the terms of a contract, and things have to be re-negotiated.  This goes double when you're dealing with the notorious clusterfucks that are anime production committees.  Quit sperging out and just fucking deal with it.

• Like 1

Just now, Top Gun said:

This wasn't a fuck-up.  Shit happens.  One of the parties involved has a quibble with the terms of a contract, and things have to be re-negotiated.  This goes double when you're dealing with the notorious clusterfucks that are anime production committees.  Quit sperging out and just fucking deal with it.

Demarco said the legal process took longer than expected, implying it was ongoing this entire time.  He didn't say anything about it having to be renegotiated after everything was already set.

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Besides, I don't like to watch different episodes of a show an uneven number of times.

Y'know what, I'm genuinely happy for you. I wish I had so few problems going on in my life that I had the energy to give a shit how many times I've seen a specific episode of a show I don't even like.

Edited by EmpressAngel
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, ben0119 said:

"Fell through."  As I said, they should have made sure it was ready to go before they set a date for it to air.  It's not like there was something unforeseen that happened and the show couldn't air.  They were going through legal processes at the time of planning all this, and it was just assumed they would be done with them by the time the show needed to air.  That's about as incompetent as it gets.  But it is taking up a premiere slot.  Even if the other show comes in sooner, the Vindication will still be down an engine, we'll be with an extra rerun that we wouldn't have had otherwise.  Lol, it would be hilarious if they cut it off again we still didn't get a rerun of season 2.  Besides, I don't like to watch different episodes of a show an uneven number of times.

Actually with the way things have been going we're probably just going to expand to 10 PM when we get the new show so your point about Dandy "taking up a premiere slot" is entirely invalid.

God forbid they they assume that a process is going to go smoothly when they were given no indication otherwise.  Just like it's my fault that I assumed my roof wouldn't cave in when I paid for a decent builder to build my house.  God forbid someone make a mistake.  But of course they cater only to you, Ben, so they have to be perfect 100% of the time, otherwise they fail.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CaptainStarwind said:

Actually with the way things have been going we're probably just going to expand to 10 PM when we get the new show so your point about Dandy "taking up a premiere slot" is entirely invalid.

God forbid they they assume that a process is going to go smoothly when they were given no indication otherwise.  Just like it's my fault that I assumed my roof wouldn't cave in when I paid for a decent builder to build my house.  God forbid someone make a mistake.  But of course they cater only to you, Ben, so they have to be perfect 100% of the time, otherwise they fail.

Or it was going to anyway and we're getting one less premiere.  Either way, we've now got a rerun smack dab in the middle of the premieres.  Yes, Shippuden is horrible, but it's still technically "new" content.

Umm the process was not over yet.  NOT OVER YET.  Meaning they didn't wait for it to be complete before going ahead and jumping the gun and setting everything up and planning it all out for the show to air, assuming things would go a-okay.  With how much they like to keep close to the vest and supposedly make sure all the ducks are in a row and we can't tell you this yet blahblahblah they go and pull this?  Seriously?  Not just me, they let down all of the fans.  Problem is it's been far less than 100%.  Remember when they didn't even know InuYasha's rights were expiring?  They had ONE JOB.  That's the crack team we've got running things.  I mean, they're doing a better job than ASA, but that's not saying much.  Point is, Toonami is held to a higher standard.

Edited by ben0119

6 hours ago, ben0119 said:

That's because you're used to settling.  You've been beaten down.  A time slot is a precious commodity on Toonami!

Or the rest of us are like “it’s a time slot at 2am on a Saturday.  It’s not that important.”

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jman said:

Or the rest of us are like “it’s a time slot at 2am on a Saturday.  It’s not that important.”

Toonami isn't a network unto itself, or a streaming service with a vast, endless library.  It's a small programming block that has a few hours to play with each Saturday night.  So wasting just one time slot is a big deal.

Edited by ben0119

7 hours ago, CaptainStarwind said:

Then why is Black Clover airing on the block?

Good question!  Just another one of Demarco's boneheaded decisions the past couple years, along with missing many must-get big hit shows.  We need someone to Make Toonami Great Again.

Edited by ben0119

It's hard to say. Self-deprecation or no, I don't really do well with others voicing firmly negative opinions of stuff I like, even if I completely understand those opinions.

Top_Gun's final thoughts on IGPX from back on the old ASMB damn near made me hate his guts forever before outright explained that it was all his opinion, even if it was worded a lot like factual information.

...does one really need to explain that one's thoughts about a work of fiction are, y'know, one's own opinion on it?  Like, I've never been able to wrap my head around people who are super-concerned about other people's opinions of what they like.  I'll go to bat in an instant for stuff that I feel is legitimately good and I see as getting a bad rap, but at the end of the day I don't give a shit what they say.  Have a bit of self-assurance.

6 hours ago, Top Gun said:

...does one really need to explain that one's thoughts about a work of fiction are, y'know, one's own opinion on it?  Like, I've never been able to wrap my head around people who are super-concerned about other people's opinions of what they like.  I'll go to bat in an instant for stuff that I feel is legitimately good and I see as getting a bad rap, but at the end of the day I don't give a shit what they say.  Have a bit of self-assurance.

I dunno I could've sworn I've seen you get pretty defensive before.

6 hours ago, Top Gun said:

I know, and it's something I'm constantly having to remind myself. -_-

On 1/15/2018 at 3:28 PM, Blatch said:

Since I'm not sure Ben could get this far on the boards without lacking basic reading comprehension skills (although most people are probably leaning towards that), I've decided to pass him off as a troll and not listen to anything he says. B|

Having a different opinion than you is not trolling.