UnevenEdge

25 anime you should never see.

Jman

I went into this thread expecting a well thought-out list for you primarily consisting of Toonami shows you don't like.

Turns out it was just a shill for those guys who distributed the Nostalgia Critic videos.

I'll make my own.  It'll be labeled as Jman's list specifically.

To spare others from needing to watch 48 minutes to get the full list:

25. Clannad The Motion Picture

24. Evangelion's English Dub

23. Evangelion 3.0

22. Ef: A Tale of Memories/Melodies

21. Sword Art Online

20. This Ugly Yet Beautiful World

19. Code Geass R2

18. Haibane Renmei

17. Hellsing

16. Sin: The Movie

15. Rumbling Hearts

14. Shigurui Death Frenzy

13. Tekken: The Motion Picture

12. Mars of Destruction

11. Skelter + Heaven

10. School Days

9. Violence Jack

8. Boku no Pico

7. Wicked City

6. Gantz

5. Pupa

4. Dance in the Vampire Bund

3. Samurai Gun

2. Reign the Conqueror

1. Gilgamesh

The only strong objections I have are of the Evangelion dub, Haibane Renmei, Violence Jack, and, for its artistic merits and contributions to animedom, Mars of Destruction. I'm sure there's alot here that people can get extremely pissed at and I took him alot less seriously after he listed the Eva dub, but some of the choices here are fair game when it comes to notoriously bad anime.

I will say though that I like how the dude here is more of an otaku Will Sasso than a neckbeard with a whiny voice like some of the anime commentators out there. Looks like an anime commentator you could have a beer with.

Aku no Hana's source material was great. The rotoscoping art style of the "anime" was very polarizing. I land on the side that considered it unwatchable.

Also looking at the actual list I've only actually watched 4 or 5 of those, though am aware of the infamous endings for a few others. SAO's hate is still exaggerated imo, and Ugly Yet Beautiful World was decent enough disappointing ending aside, but Reign? Yeah, that was dog shit best left forgotten.

Oh, and including EVA's dub?  ::)

Aku no Hana's source material was great. The rotoscoping art style of the "anime" was very polarizing. I land on the side that considered it unwatchable.

Also looking at the actual list I've only actually watched 4 or 5 of those, though am aware of the infamous endings for a few others. SAO's hate is still exaggerated imo, and Ugly Yet Beautiful World was decent enough disappointing ending aside, but Reign? Yeah, that was dog shit best left forgotten.

Oh, and including EVA's dub?  ::)

The anime was what got me to read the manga actually. As unique as the rotoscoping was, I felt the slow pacing and the soundtrack really fit the tone for the plot.

It's too bad we won't see a second season ever because of these :D I'm sure not many people would mind.

As for the Eva dub. Double the eyeroll. I personally like it.

The anime was what got me to read the manga actually. As unique as the rotoscoping was, I felt the slow pacing and the soundtrack really fit the tone for the plot.

It's too bad we won't see a second season ever because of these :D I'm sure not many people would mind.

As for the Eva dub. Double the eyeroll. I personally like it.

Yeah I think it largely depended on which you were first introduced to. As a longtime manga reader when I saw that rotoscoping my reaction was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

And yeah, my eyeroll was supposed to mean EVA's dub was fine. :D

Haibane Renmei on a worst anime list?

What a joke....don't quit your day job.

I had to skip to that part of the video just to see what level of bullshit was being peddled, and the entire argument boiled down to "I didn't understand anything that was going on and refused to engage in any level of speculation and connecting pieces so therefore the show sucks."  Holy shit he is awful.

I had to skip to that part of the video just to see what level of bullshit was being peddled, and the entire argument boiled down to "I didn't understand anything that was going on and refused to engage in any level of speculation and connecting pieces so therefore the show sucks."  Holy shit he is awful.

I listened to maybe 10-15 different shows (skipping arounfmd to different places) and I swear 90% of his complaints are "It has.....INCEST!" *thunderclap*

I don't think he's capable of watching shows with contentbhe finds objectable, such as anything sexual or violence [with Ninja Scroll as an exception].

It made nearly every single segment I listened to ultra-cringey.

I listened to maybe 10-15 different shows (skipping arounfmd to different places) and I swear 90% of his complaints are "It has.....INCEST!" *thunderclap*

I don't think he's capable of watching shows with contentbhe finds objectable, such as anything sexual or violence [with Ninja Scroll as an exception].

It made nearly every single segment I listened to ultra-cringey.

I skipped around the video, but I noticed alot of his complaints were either he had a low attention span or he was squeemish towards the content.

Not many would argue that some of the shows there like Reign or the old Hellsing anime are great, but some of the things he claims are outrageous like School Days' Nice Boat moment or Boku no Pico in general (funny thing was that the ending he described with Tokyo Tower was in the third OVA when only the first one made it on the list) have been overplayed hundreds of times by the most basic of anime fans, and are low hanging fruit when there are other shows that eat significantly more shit.

I think he is being way to harsh on the eva dub.  I actually liked the dub, and for the 90s it's one of the best of the decade. As I'm rewatching outlaw star I can say that the eva dub is far better than some of the stuff that they tried to fit in outlaw star. The damn bird aliens talk like Foghorn Leghorn! Not to mention Tenchi where a lot of the cast is pretty bad, especially Tenchi who sounds like Kermit the frog.  I'll agree with the 3.33 film, it just wasn't a good follow up or stand alone film. 

For the most part the guy seems pretty weird who is reviewing. He seems too easily bothered by suggestive and gory imagery, and doesn't seem to have the focus for plot heavy shows.  Super cringe levels of autism on some of his gripes as why not to ever watch something.  He seems like the kinda guy who probably watches a lot of moe blob and moe lesbian shows, as none of those types of shows really made his list.

Him and alot of other anime commentators come off more like they only enjoy anime that Adult Swim or Toonami has been playing since Yu Yu Hakusho. Anything he's watched outside of Adult Swim were recommendations from basic friends who either have a basic show to get him hooked on, or a popular shock anime to use as a weapon to troll him mercilessly.

I skipped around the video, but I noticed alot of his complaints were either he had a low attention span or he was squeemish towards the content.

Not many would argue that some of the shows there like Reign or the old Hellsing anime are great, but some of the things he claims are outrageous like School Days' Nice Boat moment or Boku no Pico in general (funny thing was that the ending he described with Tokyo Tower was in the third OVA when only the first one made it on the list) have been overplayed hundreds of times by the most basic of anime fans, and are low hanging fruit when there are other shows that eat significantly more shit.

Definitely low hanging fruit.

I mean he basically admitted so much during his inclusion of SAO, by stating that all things considered it's only really there because fans told him to include it. As insultingly terrible as SAO may be, there's clearly an audience for it, otherwise it wouldn't be among the more popular mainstream series, thus defeating the purpose of "nobody should watch this".

The Eva dub?  Is he fucking serious?  I understand how somebody might have a problem with Eva itself, but I didn't think the dub was bad.  Not perfect, mind you, but not bad.

ZOMG SAO IS THE WORST THING EVER is like beating a dead horse at this point.  The show has problems (aside from Lord Sugou-sempai), but it's definitely not one of the worst anime ever.

I can name several that are worse than many of the anime on his list.

Guyver: Out of Control (1986) -- Dub or sub, the story deviates so much from the Guyver storyline...in a bad way. It has very awkward pacing, characters appear out of nowhere with no background as to why they exist, and is filled with more fan service than plot. Gives the manga a bad name. 

Ghost Stories (2000-2001; Original Sub) -- The dialogue was such garbage that ADV ended up writing their own crazy dialogue for this series when they still had the rights to distribute it in North America. I've seen both. The crazy English dub is superior...

Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation (2016) -- Most of the anime resembles a high school comedy, instead of the fucking game it was supposed to be based on. That didn't sit well with me. Granted, I dropped it after the first two episodes and found this out later. Its reception is mixed, but the negativity from would-be fans can be described as volatile.

Baoh (1989) -- Gonna' be honest, it probably wouldn't go with this guy's list because it's that "good" kind of bad. So bad, you can watch it with friends. Some of the characters are laughable, especially the English dub. Also, there's plenty of gore.

Guyver: Out of Control (1986) -- Dub or sub, the story deviates so much from the Guyver storyline...in a bad way. It has very awkward pacing, characters appear out of nowhere with no background as to why they exist, and is filled with more fan service than plot. Gives the manga a bad name. 

Watch the 1991 live action movie instead.