UnevenEdge

How much money would you need to quit your job?

Swimmod_Luna

*sigh*

These kinds of threads are so tiresome.  Why not aspire to make a million instead of pipedreaming about someone walking up and solving your problem for you with a wad of cash.

I did this when I was like 16......Clocking in to Subway and thinking "one day someone is gonna pull up in a Lambo and just be like 'here, you can have this'".....Not gonna happen

I don't understand you guys that are saying 1 million. You honestly think in this day and age 1 million dollars is enough to live the rest of your life without a job?

clearly you've never been to the midwest

it's a stretch but I can see someone pulling it off

As for how much would it take to quit my job, I apparently owe my old company $145 dollars from a 3 grand signing bonus I got with the guidelines stating if I left before a year is over I'd have to pay it back

I was there for nearly 3 years and got a letter saying I owed them $145 for leaving before my year was up, our HR was famously bad and to further prove that I still get grievance e-mails for missing mandatory meetings after having quit over a year ago

I don't understand you guys that are saying 1 million. You honestly think in this day and age 1 million dollars is enough to live the rest of your life without a job?

$1 million dollars comes out to $25 thousand a year for forty years. Who couldn't live off that?

That would require me having a full-time stable job currently, which I do not... though I am probably close to getting one within the next year thank god.

If it is a job that is actually doing what I want. I don't think I would quit it for any amount of money to be honest, as I enjoy what I want to be doing for a living.

*sigh*

These kinds of threads are so tiresome.  Why not aspire to make a million instead of pipedreaming about someone walking up and solving your problem for you with a wad of cash.

I did this when I was like 16......Clocking in to Subway and thinking "one day someone is gonna pull up in a Lambo and just be like 'here, you can have this'".....Not gonna happen

If I got a bunch of free money, I'd still work.

All it would mean is I'd be able to quit jobs I hate and take more risks on jobs I think would be fun despite less easily lucrative.

Like, a large amount of money wouldn't inherently solve my issues so much as give a better path to do what I want. Not to suggest it'll ever happen outright, it won't, but the hypothetical can serve to give an end goal to make before taking a dive on something I like more.