UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Nabreezy said:

LeBron, Melo, Rondo, Dwight...how is Trevor Ariza not 40 years old yet. Are the Lakers just old on purpose, this looks crazy. 

They really did think things in the offseason like "Kyle Kuzma is a solid rotation player, but what we really need is Russell Westbrook, the man who takes 'one player can affect any ballgame' to its logical extremes."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Seight said:

*cut to all-hands emergency meeting at ESPN HQ as they try to figure out how to cover an entire two-month long playoffs that does not involve LeBron James AT ALL*

I'm just glad that his time out west has been so shitty, not counting the summer camp trophy. Those 8 straight Finals runs were so perfunctory and fake. 

Always knew it would be like this for him in the perennially superior conference, and he hasn't even had to compete against the likes of Durant, Harden, AD, etc for most of that time. 

Edited by Gray Charles

1 hour ago, Gray Charles said:

I'm just glad that his time out west has been so shitty, not counting the summer camp trophy. Those 8 straight Finals runs were so perfunctory and fake. 

Always knew it would be like this for him in the perennially superior conference, and he hasn't even had to compete against the likes of Durant, Harden, AD, etc for most of that time. 

Lol.  Durant can't even win against his own body.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/11/2022 at 9:48 AM, Nablonsky said:

They need to get Jordan Poole more shots. 

Mission accomplished. He looks like a better Jordan Clarkson out there, baller. 

Love how Andrew Wiggins is a real Guy now. 

When I'm watching these games it feels like Tatum isn't as good as either Jaylen Brown or Marcus Smart. And idk how the Celts don't just try to kill Golden State with Robert Williams the guy looks like an unstoppable giant against Draymond Green. But I get that he's playing injured. 

Full Disclosure:  I'm not a basketball fan, the game was on instead of the news.

From what little I saw, it must be hard for the refs to see all those fouls they missed...being stuck deep in the pockets of the Warriors like that.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, tsar4 said:

Full Disclosure:  I'm not a basketball fan, the game was on instead of the news.

From what little I saw, it must be hard for the refs to see all those fouls they missed...being stuck deep in the pockets of the Warriors like that.

If you're not a basketball fan.... how do you know what is or isn't a foul?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Raptorpat pinned this topic
  • 1pooh4u unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 9:45 PM, StarPanda said:

Lol the nets 

On 4/29/2022 at 6:15 AM, Nablonsky said:

Truly the season from hell. 

And six weeks out from training camp the Nets continue sprawling deeper into hell, with KD allegedly being almost more willing to retire from basketball than to play for the Nets again... I definitely refuse to believe that, but it sounds like it means he's going to pull a Ben Simmons and sit at home until he gets traded to a team that doesn't have Ben Simmons on it. 

Edited by NewBluntsworth

12 hours ago, NewBluntsworth said:

And six weeks out from training camp the Nets continue sprawling deeper into hell, with KD allegedly being almost more willing to retire from basketball than to play for the Nets again... I definitely refuse to believe that, but it sounds like it means he's going to pull a Ben Simmons and sit at home until he gets traded to a team that doesn't have Ben Simmons on it. 

All it takes is one GM going "I can fix him as I am the one TRUE genius!"

[see Anthony, Carmelo]

On 8/22/2022 at 9:05 PM, Seight said:

You are looking live at UEMB user @Seight seeing reports that Memphis has been in talks about trading for Kevin Durant:

All the grizzlies have to do to get better is get Dillon Brooks off the team, addition by subtraction.

Would hate to see them give up their good players for a bummed out KD midway through the season. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have two theories on why Robert Sarver got fined and suspended for one year:

1) He owns the Phoenix Suns, which is not as much of an existential threat to the NBA as Donald Sterling, Los Angeles Clippers owner, being a racist asshole, or

2) The rumors about expansion teams in Las Vegas and Seattle are true, so if you iced Sarver you probably don't have a Steve Balmer waiting in the wings to buy the Suns

• Thanks 1