UnevenEdge

The NBA Thread

Hidden

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, scoobdog said:

It’s harder to say that now, for sure.  

Eh, not really. If you have to say you're the greatest of all-time, especially when you've been known to whine and complain about crappy foul calls like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum, you're not the GOAT. Sorry.

That said, LeBron James is easily a first-ballot Hall of Famer, in my opinion.

Edited by hornedlizardman

Well, yeah.  The GOAT argument is stupid because you can't truly appraise players from different eras, and you certainly can't appraise players in different positions.  I don't think anything LeBron is doing can possibly compare or take away from what MJ accomplished or Kobe after him.  And none of those guys cold do what the best centers could do in their respective times.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Well, yeah.  The GOAT argument is stupid because you can't truly appraise players from different eras, and you certainly can't appraise players in different positions.  I don't think anything LeBron is doing can possibly compare or take away from what MJ accomplished or Kobe after him.  And none of those guys cold do what the best centers could do in their respective times.

Which is a fair point. I hate the argument as well, to be completely honest. I mean in terms of MJ and Kobe, they had pretty much identical playing styles because Kobe sought to emulate MJ. (Plus, their careers did have some overlap. Same thing with Kobe and LeBron, though LeBron's game is different as well.) The point is I guess it can be fun to have the argument, but ultimately, we should just sit back and appreciate what we're watching. (Now how someone reacts to adversity is definitely worth talking about, but we can talk about that later.)

• 9 months later...

Is this the only NBA thread we have?

Ok, well I was waiting for someone else to do this because I didn't want to make a thread but I guess I'll just dump this here out of context and hope someone has something to say....

As far as my opinion goes, if he made the age of consent, idgaf.....As long as it's not my daughter, I don't care since apparently the parents, the coach, and no one besides randos on the Internet care....Dude isn't even hiding...like he already got the ok from someone that will keep his nuts out tge fire.

I grew up in a state where consent could be given at 14, you could marry a 13 year old as long as the parents were cool with it, and I would say at least 100 girls popped out babies while I was in highschool.

I'm not saying it isn't sick and depraved...I cant look at 21 year olds without feeling like an old creep....The 30 year old I dated a few years back seemed like a child to me, but it's Oklahoma and he's a working part of the Thunder's shitty machine. No amount of outrage is going to make him pay any real consequences.

And if they prove he was fucking her at 15, then I hope they lock his ass up....but I doubt it.

Screenshot_20231126-044656.png

Edited by André Toulon
  • Like 1

I’m not going to comment on depravity since the most I’ve actually seen beyond reports of an investigation is the screengrab you posted.  I think it’s still comparable to Elvis and Priscilla in the sense that typical power dynamics don’t always apply in non sexual relationships, so there’s certainly room for this to be not abusive.  But, if they did have sex, it’s pretty clear cut abuse regardless of consent.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scoobdog said:

I’m not going to comment on depravity since the most I’ve actually seen beyond reports of an investigation is the screengrab you posted.  I think it’s still comparable to Elvis and Priscilla in the sense that typical power dynamics don’t always apply in non sexual relationships, so there’s certainly room for this to be not abusive.  But, if they did have sex, it’s pretty clear cut abuse regardless of consent.

Agreed. Couldn't have said it better myself. Though I'd like to add one thing even though it should be a given: It's just plain creepy, too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Agreed. Couldn't have said it better myself. Though I'd like to add one thing even though it should be a given: It's just plain creepy, too.

Buddy covered that.  It’s going to be an unbalanced relationship because they’re in two different places in their development, and that would inevitably lead to the older of the two harboring unmet needs.  These relationships are never on equal footing, which is where the creepiness comes in.

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Buddy covered that.  It’s going to be an unbalanced relationship because they’re in two different places in their development, and that would inevitably lead to the older of the two harboring unmet needs.  These relationships are never on equal footing, which is where the creepiness comes in.

Yeah, that’s true. I forgot he said that. Sorry, @André Toulon.